Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
jadep
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
does a 7 month old need to eat solids?

my youngest will be 7 months in just a few days, and has absolutely zero interest in anything other than my milk. his pediatrician keeps telling me to at check ups to start him on solids, but he just wont eat them. he turns away, wont open his mouth, and i dont want to push him into eating if he's not ready, or able (he was 1 month premature, so im thinking maybe needs some more time?).all my other kids were very interested in solids and couldnt wait to eat, so this is new for me. is there any reason why he [I]needs[I] solids at this point, or is he ok continuing to be ebf?

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: does a 7 month old need to eat solids?

To your question: absolutely not! Lol. Under one just for fun ( for food) BM is all your lo needs! Just smile and nod to your pedi!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsmama
To your question: absolutely not! Lol. Under one just for fun ( for food) BM is all your lo needs! Just smile and nod to your pedi!
Wss

Sent via my phone using swype. Beware of typos
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Subversive Cupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Definitely not!

My daughter didn't start eating solids until she was 8 months. She was like your son, just not interested at all.

She's now almost 2, and a super eater!
Subversive Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep, agree to the above, she's fine to start solids when she shows an interest and she isn't interested yet, that's fine.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine did the same thing. Then at thanksgiving last year, I didn't know what to do with her while we ate, so I just put her at the table in her highchair and gave her some tiny shredded pieces of turkey to play with and that was the beginning of our solid foods! (after no interested in solids before that). I agree with PP. Don't stress it, just lovingly guide where your LO needs to go. You as the mother know your LO best and will know what to do.

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.
Shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 AM   #7
jadep
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the replies! i thought he was fine, just with the pedi pushing it, i was starting to doubt myself.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My pedi had me reeling last week cuz DS's growth curve is going down... and at 5 mos he's at 50th percentile for head circ and height and a little below that for weight (and looks and acts perfectly healthy). *sigh* Well, hate to tell them, but DD was the same way. My babes start out BIG babies and then gain slower and end up on the small side (and given both my height and DH's and his whole family - not surprised. Anyway - pedi's can be such a pain. I realize they are just erring on the side of caution - and it's been the "norm" to give solids at 6 mos - according to plenty of research - it's not necessary - as long as your child is thriving. ;D
Old 10-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #9
SuperSox
Registered Users
seller

My son wasn't really interested til 7 1/2 months or so. I just kept offering, but not forcing, and one day he just slurped it right up. But as other said - he doesn't NEED them yet so don't stress.
SuperSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
Nursekara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies...my daughter is the same way and I needed some reassurance!
Nursekara is offline   Reply With Quote