Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Registered Users
So when should DH get a vasectomy?

I'm due in Nov and I really don't want him to get it done now just to make sure everything is ok (I know that sounds horrible of me). We know we only want 2 and I'm kind of scared to take BC while breastfeeding for some unknown reason...I think I'm afraid that my supply will go down and I don't have any to spare.

We pretty much sucked at using condoms after DD was born, which is why we're expecting soon.

How long do you wait after your last LO is born to send DH in for a snip?

meg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: So when should DH get a vasectomy?

We knew we only wanted 2 as well. We waited until a few months after
DD was born. We just used condoms until he went in, and I think you have to continue to use BC until he's been back to the doctor to make sure everything was done correctly. You could always have him go in a week or 2 after your baby is born, then you guys should be all ready to go at about the same time.
Wife to my soul-mate, and stay-at-home-mama to My Guy (August '07) and My Girl (June '09). We cd, bf, babywear, co-sleep & plan to homeschool.
Swagbucks- it's easy and you can use your gift cards for cloth diapers!!
lotusstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Registered Users
I would wait til baby is a few months old so that you are not both recovering from pain down there AND taking care of a newborn and toddler. After the procedure it takes approx 20 ejaculations til the remaining sperm is gone. So that could be a few weeks for some or a few months. In the mean time, I would use condoms to play it safe instead of BC, but thats because I don't have any interest in putting extra hormones and chemicals in my body at any stage in life. Just my .02
223Huntress is offline   Reply With Quote