Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Confessions

Ok, so I thought it might be fun/ interesting to make a pg confession thread, things that you are doing that your not really proud of but are helping you stay sane the last bit of pg.

I have been very irritable lately (that is another confession I guess), and bedtime is the worst! So to keep myself from losing it with the kids, I have been slightly bribing them. I tell them that when they get all the toys picked up and are ready for bed (jammies on and such) they will get a treat, then I give them each a few m&m's when they are done. I know this is probably horrible, but bedtime was seriously turning into a nightmare for everyone, and this makes it so they are more than willing to get ready for bed every night, and I don't get mad at them for taking an hour to get ready.

Anybody else have a confession of some kind?

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Confessions

I ride 4 wheelers with hubby on weekeneds mil offers to keep dd. gets me out of the house and most of the time i have fun

i've also gotten bad about bribing dd when i want her to settle down or listen tp me she gets fruit gummies tho lol
Old 10-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I've been drinking coke every day for the caffeine! Usually just 1 can a day but I feel so guilty.

I've also been "bribing" my DS1 the past few times we've made runs to the grocery store for milk or fruit (about 1x per week). I let him pick out a cupcake or cookies if he is good.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Duckduckfish
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
I've been drinking coke every day for the caffeine! Usually just 1 can a day but I feel so guilty.
OMG. I've been doing the same thing! LOL And not pregnant, I do not like Coke, but man do I want one bad now. I told DH I was going to stop last week, but this weekend I had one with dinner. So I've bought myself some Mug root beer to drink when I want a coke. Maybe that'll help me quit.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I eat WAY too much chocolate and I definitely bribe DD, in all situations, with getting an "m" (M&M) from the gumball machine hey, ya gotta do what works!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

omg i am the same with coke! dont drink it when im not pregnant but since ive been pregnant its almost the only soda i drink now!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

What is it with the coke while pregnant? I am normally not a soda drinker at all. I don't normally buy it/keep it in the house (but will drink it while eating out certain places). Now I keep it in my fridge so I can have a nice cold one every day. Weird! I don't feel guilty about the caffeine necessarily as it isn't a super high amount and I don't drink anything else caffeinated, but I feel guilty because it is probably one of the worst things you can drink (you hear of it being used to dissolve rust and stuff)!

Jaime, I forgot the chocolate. I bought a 1lb box of chocolate covered honeycomb from a local farmers market and ate the whole thing in 2 days!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

I drink 2 cups of coffee every work morning, and I often skip meals (just not that hungry these days). As for the kids, bribing doesn't work, so I have been yelling way too much

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story

Last edited by rainydaysunshine; 10-03-2011 at 05:24 PM.
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been eating too much junk food. I just baked 3 dz peanut butter cookies. I drink a tall glass of tea with sugar and milk every other day sometimes every day. I don't eat enough protein. slacking on giving DS fruit and veggies because I'm too tired to cook, too tired to head to the farmer's market, sometimes too tired to think of what to make (usually it ends up something with sauteed spinach and onion). too tired to take DS outside so he's been on the computer more than i like. he's been good and actually seems to limit himself and I find him playing with his toys, he also brought me some oranges he wants to eat when there are cookies in the vicinity lol. He does 'get out' for classes like swim and tumble though but that is only like an hour a day.

Last edited by naura; 10-03-2011 at 06:20 PM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been eating cold cut sandwiches. LOL. i'm not that hungry either. I worry about weight loss, but i've already gained enough this pregnancy and that's what my MW seems to look at. UGH right now DS is wanting to go ride his scooter but I don't want to go outside.

Last edited by naura; 10-03-2011 at 06:20 PM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote