Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
3Munchkins1togrow
Registered Users
seller

Re: Confessions

I am a soda drinker too ! I don't like coffee or anything else with caffeine so I NEED it to function. I went caffeine free with DS1 and that was it. Each subsequent child I have bumped up the amount I drink with my energy demands. I do drink 5 or 6 bottles of water too, but I am chronic kidney stone former and it really is terrible. But hey you do what you have to do, it's soda or fall asleep taking Ds to school.

Another huge energy issue is cooking and I haven't cooked in weeks. If it doesn't microwave(usually frozen), skillet(mostly frozen), bake(you guessed it, frozen), order in, or come from a drive thru we haven't eaten it. I am very careful about what we eat any other time, but again it's a survival thing. It's that stuff or not eating.Now we do always keep fresh fruit and vegetables in the house, yogurt and granola bars are a staple, but I still feel terrible about it, but in a few weeks we will be back to normal home cooked meals.

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #12
julcharndawson
Registered Users
seller

I've had way too many pumpkin spice lattes from star bucks the last 2 weeks.

That and my appetite is ehh and mostly I want cereal and milk. Still feeding my kids well but my veggie/protein intake is not where it should be. R
julcharndawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #13
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would be a coke drinker, but I can't with the GD. So far sugary drinks and cereal are the only things that make my blood sugar go higher than it should. I can actually eat grains, fruit and sweet things like cake/cookies (in moderation), unlike last time. However, I almost never have an appetite (and lack stomach space when I do), so I eat nowhere near what that stupid GD diet/flow chart says to eat. I don't think I eat enough protein either, but I'm eating more protein than I would normally.

Y'all and bribing your kiddos, must have completely jinxed me. I've only bribed DD a couple times to get through a store before. I had to bribe her tonight though, we were out late at Kohl's picking up some things we had no choice about getting. I told her if she was patient just a bit longer I'd get her chocolate. Of course the only chocolate I could find there was $10 Godiva. I don't know if they had anything elsewhere in the store, but holy moly! I gave her 2 pieces, I think I'm going to hoard the rest for myself
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #14
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I eat way too much junk food. And lately I've had trouble sleeping a few nights. When it gets really bad and I am still lying there at 1:30am I get up, switch on the tv and have a beer. I know I 'shouldn't' but I also need to sleep so I can function with my kids the next day, and at this point it doesn't worry me too much if I only do it occasionally.

On the other hand I cook most nights (or at least every second and then we eat leftovers the next day), and I try to make sure everybody is getting enough protein, veggies etc.

Last edited by jeebee; 10-03-2011 at 08:11 PM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by julcharndawson
I've had way too many pumpkin spice lattes from star bucks the last 2 weeks.
Ha. I've forcefully limited myself to 2, but I haven't really had money for more than that or I'm sure I would have had more.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:56 AM   #16
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

now i want a coke. not this natural hansen's crap. lol.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #17
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I had a pumpkin spice frap the other day, too! I agree the only thing keeping me from going to Starbucks more often is the price. I love me a white mocha! (I don't make coffee at home because I don't really like the taste of coffee. I love Starbucks coffee because it is like candy coffee, lol!)

Jen- I've been waking up in the middle of the night too and having trouble going back to sleep (hence why I am on here at 1am my time). I never thought about it but I should really pull out the wine at times like this.

And, glad to hear I am not alone on the soda! Or the cooking, yea, haven't been doing that either unless is it super easy (tonight we had bagel pizza, cut up a bagel and put sauce and cheese and bake and there you go).
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
julcharndawson
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaGirl7 View Post
Ha. I've forcefully limited myself to 2, but I haven't really had money for more than that or I'm sure I would have had more.
lol!

The thing limiting me is the lack of starbucks with drive thru's in our town. There are none so I have to get both kids out of the car to go in and get one. That cuts me down to just ~2 a week. lol. The cost doesn't help either. i usually just drink regular coffee which is like 2$. To get a large latte is like 5$. ouch!! my free money goes quick like that.
julcharndawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i want a pumpkin spice latte now! good thing our closest starbucks is 45 min away.....
Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #20
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG, you ladies are so terrible, I'm disgusted, kidding....

Well I hve about one to two cups of coffee everyday, although in fairness I only get to drink about half of each one!! Sorry, but in europe it's no biggie to have coffee, tea etc the whole time. I was slightly more careful in first trimester though and will buy the half calf often.

Lots of chocolate as usual, although the nighttime cereal is kinda talking over that nighttime spot....

I think my guiltiest is wondering whether or not I'm taking "advantage" of the older two with getting them to help with toy clean up, watching toddler in the backyard while I cook dinner. I'm not a fan of when older kids are used as babysitters etc, so I have to watch myself to not do that. My BIL treats his older kids like babysitters, cleaners etc and it really bothers me.

I just saw this thing on pinterest where you print up tickets saying "caught you being good"....and I told DH that I thought it was a great idea. Sometimes you feel you are quick to tell kids off, but the sweetest momments are when they are kind to each other, kind to me etc. ODS will now often say, mama is there anything I can help you with and be so sweet to the toddler. So I think the positive reinforcement will encourage this and help them realize how much I love them being sweet and kind to each other and DH and I. We were thinking at the end of the week tallying up the tickets and 10 tickets= $1. They don't get any allowance so would be thrilled with this.