Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #21
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:
Re: So what's so great about FB?

I love my FB! They never leak, and they fit my skinny little guy AWESOME! I've never had a problem with quality on mine at all!

I guess it's one of those things. What works for one, might not work for another. But, they work great for me!

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #22
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have mostly FBs right now & I agree that the sizing & snap placement is a bit frustrating. When we were using Mediums my stash was mostly HHs and I LOVED them to death but the larges are still a bit too big for dd which is why we have PT FBs. I JUST got my first FF pocket today in a trade & I am LOVING the fit!! That extra snap to prevent wing droop is awesome! Now I just have to wait and see how it holds up to dd's peeing I may be selling the FBs to finance FFs!!
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #23
Termie
Registered Users
seller

So far we've only used smalls and all 11 fit him on the same settings... maybe the difference is more apparent in bigger sizes.

ANYway, we love them for keeping in bf poo, NEVER leaking, NEVER wicking on my POWER pee-er boy, readily available is my big one when paired with the other 3!

I love the HH prints, but they never did get a good fit on him and after getting pooped on 4 times a week or two apart I finally conceded it was a cut issue not a 'not big enough' issue for him.

Our 2nd faves are Swaddlbees and from what I read a lot of people hate those... so who knows!

Last edited by Termie; 06-09-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #24
shandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a bunch of small FB's and I like them, but I don't love them. I also find the fit inconsistent, and they didn't work great on my skinny guy. The leg and waist openings were too big on the tightest snap setting for the first while, so we had leakage. Maybe we needed XS's to start with. They fit nicely now, but I can't say that we never have leaks with them.
So I've started getting my medium stash, and while I have a few FB's, I'm trying out a bunch of other pockets to try and find the love elsewhere!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #25
mommato2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only FB I've tried leaked after 20 min, and I told myself they aren't worth it, lol! I can't justify paying 20$ plus the insert for 1 dipe when I can make myself 5 1mil pockets for that price!

So no, they aren't so great to me, I love my own pockets and fitteds with wool.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #26
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FBs have served me well. I use them at night (except for my embroidered ones) and I have never had a leak.

I like my fitteds and AIOs for the day time, but FBs are the only things I trust at night.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #27
cprice88
Registered Users
seller

We can't stand FBs. Personally I don't understand why they cost so much, they are a low quality product. I think they only sell well because of the good marketing behind them. The sizing is totally inconsistent (especially for a product that doesn't shrink), they are poorly made, the fleece is thin, the shape is conducive to wicking, and we always had threads coming off the dipes and problems with the snap placement, and a tendency for holes at the seams of both the pockets and the inserts.

They also caused my ds to have bulky crotch and they drooped a lot. There are so many pocket dipes cut with better contours for both skinny and chunky body types, I don't know why anyone would be impressed with this one.

In terms of the mainstream pocket dipe brands, I much prefer Swaddlebees for my skinny guy and HHs on my nephew who is chunky. They are much higher quality and have far outlasted the FBs. And contoured hemp inserts are the way to go if you want trim fit. The SB inserts and the Stuffins dry in one cycle in my dryer (once they're "primed" or "broken in").
cprice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #28
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The are trim, but like others say they are ill fitting. I got all of mine for free or next to it otherwise I wouldn't buy them at all.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #29
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pros: good for super weters but will eventually wick.
inner material doesn't stain too bad most of the time
Inner material keeps dd dry
trim

Cons: leg gaps
got buttcrack?? We do when wearing fb. the more she rolls and crawls the more buttcrack i see. She has a 19.5 rise so that is probably why.
2/5 i own have snap issues.
The company. I think it stinks that they hold the rights to pocket diapers. Just doesn't sit well with me and i am not a cd sewer.
Boring.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #30
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhobby30
I'm not fond of the wing droop but the never leak for us.
Ditto

I use them when we are out and about, but they're not my faves. I think they're pretty reliabe
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote