Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
INPUT NEEDED What do you charge/pay for in home childcare?

I am caring for my 9 week old great nephew and need to come up with a figure for my niece for compensation.

I provide cloth diapers (huge savings for her) she provides breast milk. It has been working beautifully, except I am not being paid, going on over a month now due to her pending divorce and having financial troubles related to that.

Could you give me an idea of what you charge or pay for in home childcare, full time? I will continue doing this for as long as I can, but we need to come up with an amount could really use some input.

Thanks ya'll!

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Re: INPUT NEEDED What do you charge/pay for in home childcare?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get $25 a day to watch my neighbors daughters - of course she hasn't paid me in awhile; she owes me $100 now (it's for 1 day a week).

I paid a friend to watch my infant son when I returned to work - I paid her $100 a week for 2 days a week. I definitely over-paid, but I lost my job shortly after so it didn't last too long.

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
AmarilloMommy
Registered Users
seller

I pay $85 a week.
AmarilloMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboytitan View Post
I get $25 a day to watch my neighbors daughters - of course she hasn't paid me in awhile; she owes me $100 now (it's for 1 day a week).

I paid a friend to watch my infant son when I returned to work - I paid her $100 a week for 2 days a week. I definitely over-paid, but I lost my job shortly after so it didn't last too long.
Thanks so much, that helps a lot. I was thinking around 25 a day, but not sure that will be doable. We will see, sure appreciate the input!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarilloMommy View Post
I pay $85 a week.
Cool, thanks so much, that helps!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

I also pay about 25 per day, but I pay a month in advance and I don't deduct anything if I miss a day, she still gets paid. I am a teacher and that is all I can afford, otherwise I would happily pay twice that for excellent care.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, that is good to hear, I know my niece wants to pay, but she is barely making it and is trying to keep afloat. She should be receiving child support this month, I am presuming the entire support check will come my way and I feel a tad guilty about that, although I know I work every day to keep this little guy happy and healthy.

It is not my highest priority to be compensated, but I know at some point she will be able to pay and I had no clue where to begin, other than her budget.

The licensed in home caregivers around here are charging $40 a day and I am almost tempted to begin caring for more lo's. I am finding joy in each new day with the baby, maybe one or two more would be the icing on the cake. For now, I am taking baby steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyaks View Post
I also pay about 25 per day, but I pay a month in advance and I don't deduct anything if I miss a day, she still gets paid. I am a teacher and that is all I can afford, otherwise I would happily pay twice that for excellent care.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
MichelleSG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pay $125 a week but there are some days I have had off (for pedi appointments) and I don't deduct from the amount. My mom comes in to be at home when my eldest gets home from school so she picks up the baby at 3:30 from day care so my day care lady really has it easy. I don't care though, she's wonderful and always txts me pics of my baby during the day and she rarely sets here down even though she's got her 2 yr old boy and another 2 yr old boyish takes care of too. The local daycares in my hood charge $270 a week so no as far as I'm concerned $125 for her is a steal.
Crazy semi-crunchy scientist mama to 1 DD almost 10 yrs old and DD 2 born July '11. CDing, extended vaxing, ERF, even been known to co-sleep (gasp!), and trying my best to baby wear a very persnickety diva.
MichelleSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That $25 a day number may be my target, but we may have to start out at 15-17 a day to begin.