Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
USPS Detour, no update, estimated delivery yesterday...

I know I'm being impatient, but I have something on the way to me via priority mail... It was shipped on the 30th of September and USPS gave an estimated delivery of the 3rd of October... I thought it was too good to be true!!

Well, the night of the 2nd, the package had detoured to RI (it was supposed to be coming to Oklahoma from Ohio... ) which I know USPS like to do sometimes; give the items a bit of a tour before they reach their destination but it hasn't updated since then... And obviously it's the 4th now, so the estimated delivery date was wrong.

I'm just wondering if I should stop getting my hopes up that it will be delivered today? Do you think they screwed up sending the parcel to RI and now they're all gathered around it scratching their heads and wondering what to do with it?!

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
trellisaze
Registered Users
seller

Re: USPS Detour, no update, estimated delivery yesterday...

Sorry mama, I doubt you're going to get it today. Sometimes things do get misrouted and take a detour unfortunately, but I wouldn't worry - it should find its way to you although maybe a few days later than expected. Was the shipping address correct?
trellisaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope, didn't get it today Shipping address was correct, I made sure just incase. Way to get my hopes up USPS... I knew I should've just ignored that estimated date entirely...

I've had stuff go to random places before, but it's usually been delivered on the estimated delivery date still. Oh well, I signed up for email notifications if the tracking is updated, so we shall see when it actually gets on it's way again!!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
mekjsk2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had a lot of things say they will be received on a certain date and usually it doesnt get delivered until 2-3 days later. My mail goes through the Atlanta, GA sort facility and it usually hangs out there for an extra day or two for some reason. So I expect my mail to come later than it says it will.
Melissa Mommy to DS#1 11/13/07 and DS#2 9/3/10

Melissa Kittle's Knits for Littles~Hand Knit Items~MKsKnitsforLittles
mekjsk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote