Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
crazygirl31701
Registered Users
seller

Small update Re-selling WWYD?

Update... She actually sold a bunch of the items. I feel sick that these people bought stuff that they aren't aware of conditions/details. The shipping she charged was outrageous too. I really can't even believe people would pay those amounts. Would you pay 5.00 for a homemade fitted out of flannel and then pay 6.50 to ship it to you?? I hope these people are ok with the items.

I put a whole box of cloth diapering items on craigslist. I really didnt feel like listing things separately and shipping. I figured I would sell them for cheap and help a local mama out. I sold the whole box for 20 dollars. It included wool shorties, lots of homemade fleece soakers and shorties, fitteds, homemade fitteds, econobum prefolds, other prefolds, babylegs, etc..... Anyway just showing I was in no way making a profit. I also placed an ad on craigslist searching for pockets. When i met with the lady she seemed very appreciative and i told her if i came across the rest of my prefoldz i would just give them to her.

Fast forward a few days later.... i get an email in response to my ad. This person says hey check out my ebay i have tons of cloth diapering stuff. I go to ebay and low and behold its all of my stuff. I really could care less what people do after they buy stuff but she has misrepresented everything. I know because i personally made some of it. I sent her an email and i hope no one bids on the stuff but wwyd?

ETA i just dont want someone new to cloth to get scammed by her....

Advertisement

Last edited by crazygirl31701; 10-10-2011 at 12:31 PM.
crazygirl31701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nevermind

Last edited by EuphoricDysphoria; 10-04-2011 at 02:52 PM.
EuphoricDysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
lilylouhoo
Registered Users
Formerly: lilylouwho
seller
seller

Re: Re-selling WWYD?

You could report the listing to ebay if some of them are not accurate. Just out of curiosity, what is inaccurate about the listings?
lilylouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
crazygirl31701
Registered Users
seller

Some of the descriptions describe the prefolds as organic cotton, they are not.. the fitteds are described as very absorbant, not really...the cricketts fitted does not have the insert with it ... one of the stains she swears isnt poop but she wiped up some baby iron meds...the fleece is labeled wrong sizes... and she says they have only been washed in all f&c, also not true.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
DCJ24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow

Sent from my PC36100 using DS Forum
Old 10-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow-- that took some nerve. There are lots of people just out to make a buck or two. Can you contact ebay about the misrepresentation.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #7
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would file a complaint with ebay and see if they will do anything...probably not but it's worth a shot.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #8
Katiebird89
Registered Users
seller

If its the lady that bought them from you, as much as it sucks and as dishonest as it is there is nothing you can really do besides report like PP have said, still technically its her stuff to do with as she pleases. SUcks though that shes lying and the next person wont have a clue. :/ People are awful sometimes...
Old 10-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would report to ebay, including YOUR original listing on Craigslist if it includes a picture and details of the items and see what they do. If they do nothing, then I'd just move on...you tried... It sucks, but that's really all you CAN do...
Old 10-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
majomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that the buyer sent OP the link to her eBay listing??? I mean, she probably never would have known she was reselling them
majomama is offline   Reply With Quote