Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2011, 06:00 AM   #11
oneinthebag
Registered Users
seller

Re: The Great Daycare Search

One of the most important things, in my opinion, is that you get warm fuzzies when you visit. It is hard to leave your child in another person's care, but it makes it much easier when you know they are being loved!

Advertisement

oneinthebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
kindramay
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinthebag View Post
One of the most important things, in my opinion, is that you get warm fuzzies when you visit. It is hard to leave your child in another person's care, but it makes it much easier when you know they are being loved!
Exactly. We all have our list of questions - what kind of food do you serve, how often do you change the kids, what activities do you do, etc... but I still think that your intuition is just as important- whether you and your kids feel a connection to the provider. We've been with several different child care providers, and the ones I have instinctively felt good about (rather than just telling myself that they meet all our requirements) have turned out to be our best experiences.

I know its silly, but we're looking for childcare right now, and one of my requirements is a cheerful and outgoing personality. Why? Because thats what makes me feel comfortable, and because my DS really connects better with people with that type of personalilty.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #13
AvnerandIansMom
Registered Users
seller

I called 40 in home daycares and only 4 had openings that would work my commuting schedule of 7;15-5:15 (they all closed at 5 and during the winter i sometimes don't make it home until 5:45)...we found a great in home day care out of the 3 we interviewed and got lucky!
AvnerandIansMom is offline   Reply With Quote