Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Katiebird89
Registered Users
seller

Names not matching?

OK so I sold an item on Ebay, i didnt look at the buyers name, I wrote down the address and name ontheir paypal, paypal said OK to ship. I didnt think much of it figuring maybe a dad bought it. I get to the PO zip doesnt match her/his city, PO said thats not unusual. So i send it. I get home add the tracking and notice the ebay user name doesnt match at all.Its a female buyer different last name and on ebay it said(first name.lastnameZIP) zip was also different.. She is also a new user as in joined same day she bought item.

Now Im worried that the item is going to the wrong place, maybe paypal user got hacked?

I emailed asking to confirm name on paypal and address and sent a copy to my inbox so i hope that covers me..

Basically its just wait and see but what if thats the case? Will i have to pay the money back? If so what about my item? Am I jsut out the money?

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Names not matching?

Hmm. Maybe she didn't update her PP from where she used to live and the PP is under her DH's name or SO's name. My PP is through DH....it's his email and name on the stuff...of course if it's being sent to me I always change it to that, but when I send out packages I can't change it. I hope you hear back from her soon. And hopefully if it is her old address, she did a forwarding address slip!
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a friend who used my US ebay account to buy things, from people that would not ship to Canada or were to heavy to make sense. We would bring the things up as we traveled back and forth all the time.

Just an example there could be lots of reasons for the names to be off.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
homeschoolingmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you're protected if you shipped to the pp address. Maybe it was her s/o or parent/family members account used to pay??
Old 10-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

you can also change the name in PP when you make payment. I have done this before and sent stuff to family and friends (like as gifts).

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You're covered, since you sent it to the address on Paypal. It was her mistake if it is the wrong address.

I use DH's paypal, so it's a different name and I have stuff shipped to my home address occasionally, but most of the time his work address... I do try to change the shipping name/address on Paypal before processing, but I've had issues and forgotten before and left it as the 'wrong' address (though both addresses listed will get to me, one is just more convenient).
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
SkyeSpade
Registered Users
seller

My PayPal is still in my maiden name, and I think still connected mainly to an apartment I lived in a few years ago. We've added our current address with both mine and DH's names as shipping addresses. They're both confirmed. I've gotten questions about the discrepancies, but I always promise - it is still me, they just request a copy of the marriage certificate and who knows where that is? :/

Any typos are probably a combination of my phone and poor proofreading!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Katiebird89
Registered Users
seller

finally heard back, she said she used a guest account on paypal and doesnt know what name its under??? IDK it doesnt make me feel to much better about that but the address she gave me matches pp so Im just going to go with its her address and if somethings wrong on her end Im covered since I sent it to pp address.

Excuse the typos typing 1 handed
Old 10-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
lilylouhoo
Registered Users
Formerly: lilylouwho
seller
seller

Weird. I didn't know there was such a thing as a guest account on paypal. How would that work if she needs to get a refund or open a dispute?
lilylouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote