Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cloth dipe registry

I've been forcing myself not to buy ANYTHING for this baby until the end of my first trimester, which is this coming Sunday. Not that I'm counting days or anything. LOL It just occured to me though that we're not finding out the gender and won't be having a shower, being our third baby and all. So I got my CD fix by creating a cloth diaper registry. Even if I buy it all myself, it's so soothing to have a wish list to tinker with! Plus I have something to refer people to if they really, really want to get Ziggy something.

Anyone else resisting the urge to fluff shop or am I the only paranoid one?

Advertisement

CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth dipe registry

I just want to learn how to knit so I can make stuff for DD and the new baby I did the same think last time, except I just sent links to everyone. I said, If you feel like you have to buy something for the baby, then here is what I want.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla
I just want to learn how to knit so I can make stuff for DD and the new baby I did the same think last time, except I just sent links to everyone. I said, If you feel like you have to buy something for the baby, then here is what I want.
I would love to sew up some covers or dipes for this newbie but it's so hard to drag out the sewing machine with two little ones running around. Sewing used to be so therapeutic for me but i can see it turning into a big pita trying to keep the kids out of stuff.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akilgore View Post
I've been forcing myself not to buy ANYTHING for this baby until the end of my first trimester, which is this coming Sunday. Not that I'm counting days or anything. LOL It just occured to me though that we're not finding out the gender and won't be having a shower, being our third baby and all. So I got my CD fix by creating a cloth diaper registry. Even if I buy it all myself, it's so soothing to have a wish list to tinker with! Plus I have something to refer people to if they really, really want to get Ziggy something.

Anyone else resisting the urge to fluff shop or am I the only paranoid one?
Where did you sign up for a registry? That is a fabulous idea... I have also been holding out! I just finished the 1st trimester, so maybe it is time I start thinking about this seriously.

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
Chayla, my sister taught herself how to knit, and she is AMAZING at it now. She has been doing it for about 3 years (ish), and has a store called Shizz.Knits on Etsy and Hyena Cart. I think I posted a link on our FB DDC. Check her out, it will really make you want to learn! She watched A LOT of YouTube videos to teach herself. Amazing what you can do for FREE!!! Good luck!

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashayla&acensmom

Where did you sign up for a registry? That is a fabulous idea... I have also been holding out! I just finished the 1st trimester, so maybe it is time I start thinking about this seriously.
DiaperJunction.com. I their Diaper Rite prefolds. Their prices are good, they always seem to have a promotion of some sort, and they ship fast. Oh, and you earn stash cash with every purchase. I'm a fan, can you tell?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:50 AM   #7
Aloha Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been holding off buying anything, but I have a wish list saved. I love the registry idea for diapers! Will check it out later :-)

About-to-be-RN mommy to my Sweet 1 (ds 5/11/06) & Sweet 2 (dd 3/30/12)
Aloha Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

So far I've bought 35 flats (+ fabric to make about 2 dozen more), a snappi in every color (from eBay), 3 OS wool wraps (from bebeMellon on etsy), 5 Imse Vimse covers in various sizes (from FSOT & an online retailer), & 4 organic wool covers in various sizes from Blue Cloud (on etsy, FSOT, & an online retailer).

BUT! My 20month old DD is using some of it until she PL's. I'm not totally crazy, I promise.

Now my CD wishlist is pretty short...

-2 XS Blue Cloud organic wool covers
-2 S Blue Cloud organic wool covers
-1 preemie Imse Vimse cover (jungle print)
-wool changing pad/piddle pad (I think I'm going to knit it myself)
-wool wet bag (I think I'm going to knit that too)

TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote