Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
emilygood
Registered Users
seller
seller

I Made a Mistake

Hi moms,

I made a mistake and I wanted to ask what would be the best way to fix it.

I just had my third child 4 weeks ago and he is much skinnier than my other children. As a result none of the diapers I had on hand from his brother (I didn't CD my oldest until he was older) fit him once the NB diapers got too small. I literally had about 6 diapers for him that worked so I listed my newborn diapers to get money to pay for new diapers. I was in a hurry and I guess I didn't look over them well enough. I sold a lot of swaddlebees to 2 moms and both of them have pmed me. One told me there was staining on the underside of the soaker and one telling me the elastic on one of the diapers was looser than the others. I didn't notice the elastic while i was using them, but I guess it is possible.

I do know that I am postpartum, stressed, overtired, and I was in a hurry to move these since my children are allergic to sposies so that wasn't an option. Bottom line is I feel TERRIBLE! I can't believe I did this. And I want to make these moms happy. Last night while crying at the kitchen table DH told me just to offer them a partial refund. Which I did last night, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Is there something else I should do? I have never been in a situation like this before. I would love to hear your opinions. I know I should have looked over them better and I have learned my lesson, so please don't blast me I already feel terrible.

Advertisement

Owner of Mommy Secrets, a company dedicated to helping you find local and organic places to support a greener life for your family!
emilygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I Made a Mistake

ask them what they would like to do (which you have)- would they like a partial refund in X amount of dollars, or if they cannot use them would they like to return them to you. If they return, it would be "right" of you to pay their return shipping and the purchase price with shipping (since they wouldn't have purchased to begin with). Yes, you'll be out the shipping cost and that is sucky, but you know you made a mistake and are owning up to it...most moms will understand your situation. With any luck, they'l both take the partial refund
Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

I think the simple fact that you are so upset speaks volumes to your character. I second asking them what they would like to do - either a partial refund or return them for a full refund. If I were one of those moms, I would be a little upset that things weren't as described, but would be totally glad that I was working with someone like you to right the situation.

I have been in a transaction before to where most of the items in the lot were not as described - not in the condition stated and wrong sizes! I was miffed and the seller was very short and curt with me and gave me less of a refund than I would have given had the tables been turned. I just kept thinking "You're the one who screwed up, woman!" but for some reason, her messages made me feel like I was at fault?

Anyway, you seem super sweet, understanding, and flexible and because of that I'm sure it will all work out for the best. I would just be sure to be more thorough next time, but I think that goes without saying!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebl0901
I think the simple fact that you are so upset speaks volumes to your character. I second asking them what they would like to do - either a partial refund or return them for a full refund. If I were one of those moms, I would be a little upset that things weren't as described, but would be totally glad that I was working with someone like you to right the situation.

I have been in a transaction before to where most of the items in the lot were not as described - not in the condition stated and wrong sizes! I was miffed and the seller was very short and curt with me and gave me less of a refund than I would have given had the tables been turned. I just kept thinking "You're the one who screwed up, woman!" but for some reason, her messages made me feel like I was at fault?

Anyway, you seem super sweet, understanding, and flexible and because of that I'm sure it will all work out for the best. I would just be sure to be more thorough next time, but I think that goes without saying!
This.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
emilygood
Registered Users
seller
seller

thanks ladies!

I heard back from one of the moms already and she was super sweet. I still haven't heard back from the other one yet

Owner of Mommy Secrets, a company dedicated to helping you find local and organic places to support a greener life for your family!
emilygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

You are doing the right things.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote