Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can we do this again--what did your BLW kiddo eat today?

I'm struggling with my nearly 8 month old and BLW. I know in my head that all he needs is BM, but he's just not eating alot (playing with it, dropping it on the floor, "feeding" the dog, etc). While I love the idea of giving him a little of whatever we eat, it seems like everything we eat is unsafe or too difficult for him to pick up (peanut butter, quinoa with beans and corn mixed in, butternut squash soup, etc).

I need some new ideas. Breakfast was cheerios, bagel and an apple. I think he actually ate about 2 cheerios.

What did your baby eat today?

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
lilagreer
Registered Users

Re: Can we do this again--what did your BLW kiddo eat today?

My 8m D has had the most success with sweet potato fries (cut up like fries, tossed with olive oil & salt & pepper) and carrots diced and simmered with some butter. Those were both eaten today, but the real winner? Ground lamb. Little lamb meatballs, made with ground lamb and onions, garlic, and dried mint. She smiles and pounds her hands on the table in delight after each bite. And then we had some tomato soup, which I put on a spoon and place before her, and which mostly just got all over the place. If you're not afraid of a mess, soup can work, but it took a few (really fun for her) weeks. I will say, I've had to adjust my own diet some so that she can eat with me. Which is great; more vegetables for me! I wind up cooking A LOT from Alice Waters' "Art of Simple Food."
lilagreer is offline   Reply With Quote