Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

A stupid question

Why are so many of the ads I see on DS in spanish? Like right now as I type this, there's an ad to the right for some tv show on Telemundo, of course, all in spanish. I also get an ad for Clairol Herbal Essences hair care stuff in spanish. I am always tempted to click on that one to see if it will give me a coupon lol. I even got a set of google ads once, all in spanish. There are a few others that I can't quite decode with my limited spanish from high school, over 16 years ago. Does everyone have these spanish ads or is it just me?

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
janobonano
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A stupid question

That's funny! I don't have any Spanish ads. But the ones for Godiva and Grands Cinnamon Rolls are making me drool on my keyboard a bit.
janobonano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
holl_ie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by janobonano
That's funny! I don't have any Spanish ads. But the ones for Godiva and Grands Cinnamon Rolls are making me drool on my keyboard a bit.
Yep! No Spanish ads here either.Maybe it has todo with your searching topics?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
holl_ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I don't do a search very often though :-) I mostly just use "new posts" to navigate.

I dunno. This is the only site I am on that I end up with spanish ads. It doesn't bother me, I just am wondering why
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
Emmett's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

No spanish ads here. I did notice, that on facebook that what you fill out in your history or profile is a direct connection to what ads you see there. For instance, my brother has that he is 42 and single in his profile, and I would say at least 80% of his ads are dating sites or ads geared towards meeting single women lol. Oh, and I set my language to british english or something like that to see if it would change wording like it does if you choose "pirate"...and since then, and even after changing it back to reg. english, I STILL get a ton of ads for the UK.
So, maybe somewhere you mentioned spanish and it went crazy with it...who knows! Computers have a mind of their own sometimes I think!