Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
My Morning Screw Up

This morning I was running just a touch late for class. Fortunately I was able to catch a shuttle to my building without having to wait, and I knew if I hurried once I got off the bus, I'd have just enough time to run to the bathroom and make it before the classroom door was shut. So, I got off the bus and had to dodge this guy running with a skateboard - apparently he was late, too. I like to blame him for what happened next, although I really know it was my own lack of attention. I stepped down off the bus, started to walk forward, noticed this guy is coming through no matter what, so I quickly moved aside and ended up ankle deep in fresh concrete!!!! My left foot didn't go in as deep as the right, but I lost my right shoe. Thankfully the guy that was working on the concrete was still there! He didn't speak much English and just kept nodding and smiling - he finally understood that I wanted my shoe back. I apologized over and over and asked if they had water (I couldn't walk into the building covered in concrete!). Another guy saw what happened and led me right to a water hose. Those constructions guys were so nice! They didn't laugh or anything (at least while I was standing there) - I was embarrassed, but they made me feel better... until he started talking about all the chemicals!!! He helped me rinse my feet and shoes and jeans (up to my knees) and started telling me what to watch out for. Yikes! I called DH on the verge of tears, freaking out about the baby. I went to the bathroom and washed and washed. Let me tell you, it's NOT easy hiking your leg up on a public bathroom sink when your short and pregnant DH looked it up and said the issues shouldn't be more than skin deep if there were going to be any. I sure hope he was right! The majority of the concrete mix was off within a minute or two, so hopefully I got it off quick enough. Either way, I'm still a little nervous about it... I made it to class 20 minutes late, and for whatever reason, the instructor didn't lock the door today! I apologized at the end of class and told him what happened - he just laughed.

Lindsay, hanging out with my boys - Big Brother B (5/09) and Little P (4/12). Twin girls expected 1/16!
LnzsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: My Morning Screw Up

Oh geez... I sure hope the remainder of your day is good!! I believe your DH is right, baby should be just fine!

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
My Mood:
Aww mama-that's awful! Hopefully that was the most "interesting" part of your day! And yay for having an understanding professor!
Shakeeta, , , , BWing, college sweetheart wife to B & mama to MG1 (1-29-10), intact MG2 (4-22-12), & MG3 (12-11-14)
ClemsonMama87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Any damage would have been noticed in hours if not minutes in the form of chemical burns to your skin. If it wasn't on you long enough to burn you it isn't likely to have absorbed in any significant amount to harm you or a little one.
Dorothy> and Hank> , proud parents to Bob> <Bill
ISO my sanity.
Did I mention that I've misplaced my sanity?
the_oz_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Hope that today is MUCH better!
Amy~Married to my HS sweetheart , SAHMomma to DD (12/5/08) &
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Registered Users
Sorry mama hope your shoe was salvageable.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
I'm a mother of three almost four and wife of a former service member. I love spending time with my kids, my friends, my church, and my God. Though things don't always go as planned and I can't always see the end He always gets me through. ~ Nychole
Croch3tingMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote