Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
gghmommy
Registered Users

possibly three across

If this is answered elsewhere, please re-direct me! We have a Chicco Keyfit 30 in a 2006 Honda CRV. We hope to get pregnant sometime the beginning of the year/ spring 2012. We don't want to buy a new (to us) car until we absolutely have to. We also would like to adopt in the future. We bought the Keyfit 30 because our little girl needed a car seat for a trial in the NICU. Since we were early, we had done no real research or even looked at seats. A visit to our local store and this one seemed best. She had just reached 4 lbs (born under 2) so we felt good about it being rated for that minimum weight. I love the seat. Now she's 10 months, weighs close to 19 lbs (yea mama's milk) and is around 28 inches. The Keyfit 30 as I remember is for 30 lbs, 30 inches. I want her rear facing as long as possible. So finally, to my question. What's a good seat that would be rear facing until hopefully at least 2yrs and that potentially could fit with a booster and a Keyfit 30 in the back of a CRV? Also, go ahead and tell me the good boosters in this mix. And again, if you need to tell me to go to some other post please do. I don't want you all to have to give the same info over and over, but I sure do appreciate your experience! Thanks again!

Advertisement

gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: possibly three across

Boosters don't work well in three across situations. It is hard to reach to belt in and out everytime they ride becasue of the carseat next to them. Then again, you won't need a booster for a long time unless you plan to aadopt older kids. It is pretty easy to keep a kid harnessed until they are 6 or 7 and then go to a booster.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Honestly, I'd focus on getting a convertible that you love now, and worrying about 3 across later. By the time you actually need 3 across, there will be a whole new lineup of seats on the market!

For narrowing down the convertible options, can you give us an approximate price range?
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
orangepiggyslittledog
Registered Users

Radian65 or Radian85. We just went through this they are the only seats really that will work 3 across. We got ours online..cheaper than in the stores at Justkidsstore.com
Old 10-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
VioletsMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepiggyslittledog
Radian65 or Radian85. We just went through this they are the only seats really that will work 3 across. We got ours online..cheaper than in the stores at Justkidsstore.com
Their are several seats that will work as three across. It's all about puzzling.

Just a little crunchy....

I am a CPST
VioletsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
orangepiggyslittledog
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletsMommy View Post
Their are several seats that will work as three across. It's all about puzzling.
Im sure there is but I couldnt find anything that worked for us besides the Radian but we were also in a time crunch.
But the Radian does work well and are nice seats. It was just an idea
Old 10-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
VioletsMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepiggyslittledog

Im sure there is but I couldnt find anything that worked for us besides the Radian but we were also in a time crunch.
But the Radian does work well and are nice seats. It was just an idea
Glad you knew this. Some people don't know though so just making sure OP knew.

Just a little crunchy....

I am a CPST
VioletsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

CR-Vs are really hard to get 3 across in and still maintain your sanity, trust me. I have a Radian, Marathon 70 and Cybex Aton (infant seat) in mine right now (it's a 2009)

Just go ahead and plan on getting a new vehicle once your child gets to boostering age- which as the other ladies said should be around 6-7 years old anyways.
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote