Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Who has started thinking names?

We have been at our house. I know it's still early, and with the other two, we didn't worry until we had a gender and then still didn't pick the name until baby was born. We would go into the birth with a list of names we liked and would see what fit the baby...Well, we now have two kiddos with initials "MCL." We are thinking that this one should be a MCL as well so if it does end up being the last they aren't the odd one out, but we are having trouble falling in love with a boy name and a middle name for a girl. I have spent so much time looking through name books and the internet for names that its getting ridiculous!

So, anyone else thinking names? Was it easy, or are you having a hard time like we are? Any family "theme" for names? Do you share names with everyone before baby is born, or is it a surprise after baby is born? And most important, what are some great MCL names? (kidding on the last one...kinda)

Advertisement

& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Who has started thinking names?

We already have a name for a girl. We came up with it last pregnancy if we did have a girl. If it turns out to be a boy though, we don't have one. Otherwise I'm pretty positive we'll get to use the name! I did share it with a few people, but don't want to share it with too many yet.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH and I have thought of 2 girl names.. none for a boy and we are not "set" on the names that we have picked. WE are stuck with A names, since the other 3 have A names. It is tough to find names that are not common, our kids names are all very uncommon, so we have to find another
We are not going to find out the gender, so I guess we really won't have the name set until birth! With our youngest, we didn't name him until he was a couple hours old, and the name that we named him never came up in pregnancy!
As for MCL names... not sure what your kiddos names are but I can swing it!
Mariah Claire
Madison Christine
Mallory Corrine
(You could even swap the names with the middle and they sound cute!)
Mason Christopher
Micah Callaghan (Cute.. original lol)

I guess boy names are harder????

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Croch3tingMom3
Registered Users

We have girl name(s) but not boy(s)
I'm a mother of three almost four and wife of a former service member. I love spending time with my kids, my friends, my church, and my God. Though things don't always go as planned and I can't always see the end He always gets me through. ~ Nychole
Croch3tingMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
We already have a name for a girl. We came up with it last pregnancy if we did have a girl. If it turns out to be a boy though, we don't have one. Otherwise I'm pretty positive we'll get to use the name! I did share it with a few people, but don't want to share it with too many yet.
Opposite boat for us, as we had a girl. We'll use the boy name we picked out for DD, but don't have a girl name yet, and DH isn't interested in discussing names yet. I'm wearing him down.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
ClemsonMama87
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have an M thing going on in our house that started with the cat lol. We told everyone our daughter's name but this time around I don't think I will because I'm going with a more "non-normal" name. Here's my list so far:

Mason
Maddox

Marley
Madilyn/Madelyn/Madeline
Marlow
Old 10-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
PrissyMaesMama
Registered Users
seller

I want to talk names ALL THE TIME!! And for some reason I always tend to bring it up in the middle of football Sunday (not the time!) hahaha. Anyhow, we have several boy names that we love and DH is still leaning mostly to the one we had picked out for DD if she was a boy. But, we're having a hard time with girl names; and that's because nothing sounds as pretty to us as DD's name. She has a "big" name so I feel like the next DD should too. I would really like to have a definite name for either sex when we find out the gender. I love being able to call "baby" by name throughout the pregnancy.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
Amers78
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have both a boy name and a girl. DH will not say anything about names. When we had our daughter 11 years ago when we left for the hospital we left saying that Rebecka Lynn would be coming home in a few days.... We ended up coming home with Julia Marie. He still will not let that go.
Amers78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH just said he likes the name we had last time if we're having a boy. I like it too. All our our kids names are different but not weird, KWIM? I haven't even looked at girl names. I still like names that I had picked out for DD. DH didn't really like the names but I still LOVE them (Quinn, Thalia for girl: Klause for boy it's German, the founder of Obermeir clothing). We have done family names for middle names, not sure on those yet.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
4kids4me
Registered Users

Thinking about it, but haven't come up with anything yet. I think we are having a boy and for whatever reason I struggle with boy names.