Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
Courtneymomof2
Registered Users
seller

Re: anyone doing anything to encourage labor?

I've been walking about two miles a day 5 days a week (most days) for the last month (taking my daughter to and from school) had membranes stripped three times, the last time resulting in a stretch to almost a three...thinking about trying the breast pump. Anyone have any experience with using it for labor? BH have been more uncomfortable the last couple days so I'm hoping that means they are doing something...

Advertisement

Courtneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
bigmamahayes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have done all of the following in the past 8 days since my due date passed:

-Run uphill in 87 degree heat for 2 miles pushing a double stroller, then immediately walked 2 miles down hill (which was hard with a double stroller).

-Curb walked at least 2 miles every day (30 minutes to an hour)

-A three mile hike in the rocks and mud up to a waterfall, holding a 31 pound toddler for
the whole way down

-Resistance water aerobics

-Swimming in the ocean (about 800-1000m) twice

-Walking around the entire zoo midday on two different occasions

-Running up stairs, 8 floors at a time...three times (once right before a NST...which registered nothing close to a single contraction)

-DTD at least once a day

-Brazilian wax (OUCH...never had anything waxed before in my life, and never will again)

-eating lots of spicy and acidic foods (Thai and Pineapple), but I'm just getting horrible heartburn from that

-EPO orally and Vaginally

-Drinking red raspberry leaf tea

I also replaced my computer chair with an exercise ball a month ago because baby was breech, and a chiropractor suggested it for helping baby flip. Baby did flip, right before my scheduled version (in the surgery waiting room), so I avoided a 39 week c-section. So, even if I have to end up being induced now, It will be better than what could have happened!

Anyone have any other suggestions? Hehe. I will try nearly anything but Castor Oil. I have IBS, so that is not happening.

Oh, and I cannot get scraped because I am not dilated AT ALL.
Amy Kay, Air Force vet, Navy wife to Bradrick, mommy to Jocelyn (3/08), Samuel (10/09) and Carolyn (10/11), expecting #4 in October, Jesus loving, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, extended rear facing, epidural loving, bargain hunting, marathon running, full time online student and dancing drama queen. http://www.happyteamhayes.blogspot.com

Last edited by bigmamahayes; 10-07-2011 at 07:33 PM.
bigmamahayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #13
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bigmamahayes-Our little guy's middle name is going to be Hayes. It's my dad's middle name too.
I'll be praying for all of you who are waiting for labor to begin. This waiting game isn't all that fun.
Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #14
bigmamahayes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialdelivery View Post
Bigmamahayes-Our little guy's middle name is going to be Hayes. It's my dad's middle name too.
I'll be praying for all of you who are waiting for labor to begin. This waiting game isn't all that fun.
I like that as a middle name! If this one is a boy, his middle name will be Wilson, which is the middle name of my husband and his dad...and my sister's married last name (so she likes it).
Amy Kay, Air Force vet, Navy wife to Bradrick, mommy to Jocelyn (3/08), Samuel (10/09) and Carolyn (10/11), expecting #4 in October, Jesus loving, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, extended rear facing, epidural loving, bargain hunting, marathon running, full time online student and dancing drama queen. http://www.happyteamhayes.blogspot.com
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been sitting on my exercise ball most every day any time I sit down...not necessarily to get labor going but because it's way more comfortable than sitting on the couch. I have some hip issues and the ball really helps. I've also been drinking lots of RRL tea throughout my pregnancy for overall female reproductive health reasons. Also been trying to take walks every day for the exercise and fresh air. Since I'm only 37 weeks and a bit I probably won't try anything any more drastic until at least 39 weeks. Good luck ladies!
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #16
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamahayes View Post

-Run uphill in 87 degree heat for 2 miles pushing a double stroller, then immediately walked 2 miles down hill (which was hard with a double stroller).

-A three mile hike in the rocks and mud up to a waterfall, holding a 31 pound toddler for
the whole way down

-Running up stairs, 8 floors at a time...three times (once right before a NST...which registered nothing close to a single contraction)

-DTD at least once a day

-Brazilian wax (OUCH...never had anything waxed before in my life, and never will again)

-eating lots of spicy and acidic foods (Thai and Pineapple), but I'm just getting horrible heartburn from that

I also replaced my computer chair with an exercise ball a month ago because baby was breech, and a chiropractor suggested it for helping baby flip. Baby did flip, right before my scheduled version (in the surgery waiting room), so I avoided a 39 week c-section. So, even if I have to end up being induced now, It will be better than what could have happened!

Anyone have any other suggestions? Hehe. I will try nearly anything but Castor Oil. I have IBS, so that is not happening.

After all that? Oh my Lord, you must have a cervix of steel!!!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #17
bigmamahayes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
After all that? Oh my Lord, you must have a cervix of steel!!!
I know! But, that's nothing I am proud of! I want a cervix of Jell-O. I am going to dance around my bathroom if I even see any signs of mucous plug.

I honestly thought that I would go earlier this time around because of how active I have been this pregnancy (running half marathons and doing bootcamp classes, compared to marathon Cheeto eating and reality TV watching with the last two). But, I think the working out ended up making all my muscles work AGAINST me in my effort to evict this child. So many people have said, labor with the third is so easy...and your recovery will be super quick because you are in great shape. BUT, these are also the same people who are saying that walking/sex/spicy food/etc will induce labor. LIES! ALL LIES! Hahaha.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #18
Courtneymomof2
Registered Users
seller

maybe try a breast pump?
Courtneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #19
bigmamahayes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am going to do that tonight, Courtney. Thanks for the idea!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:11 AM   #20
litllegreekmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamahayes View Post

the whole way down

-DTD at least once a day

This makes me think of something interesting my friend and I were discussing the other night. So many people say "oh your body will go when it's ready", but there are many women who go overdue by several weeks with no sign of labor at all, and then are medically induced or C-section. For my friend all of her kids had to be forced out, her body just would not dialate/contract on it's own. She just had her 5th on thursday via C section, and the OB said it's a good thing she didn't go into labor on her own..her uterus was paper thin! I just wonder sometimes if our bodies DON'T always "know" when the time is right, and needs some help in the right direction! Just a thought. I don't think everything is so black and white as that-especially with babies and pregnancy!

bigmamahayes-I'm sending lots of baby having vibes your way! I can't imagine going overdue! You're handling it so well!