Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #21
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: anyone doing anything to encourage labor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamahayes View Post
I know! But, that's nothing I am proud of! I want a cervix of Jell-O. I am going to dance around my bathroom if I even see any signs of mucous plug.

I honestly thought that I would go earlier this time around because of how active I have been this pregnancy (running half marathons and doing bootcamp classes, compared to marathon Cheeto eating and reality TV watching with the last two). But, I think the working out ended up making all my muscles work AGAINST me in my effort to evict this child. So many people have said, labor with the third is so easy...and your recovery will be super quick because you are in great shape. BUT, these are also the same people who are saying that walking/sex/spicy food/etc will induce labor. LIES! ALL LIES! Hahaha.

You might be on to something there... MY BFF just had her first about 6 weeks ago, she stayed SUPER active throughout her pregnancy and was probably in the best shape of her life. She ended up being induced at 42 weeks (and her dates definitely weren't off, they conceived with IUI). Poor woman wasn't dilated or effaced AT ALL either, and it was a long miserable induction for her...

All that to say... Thank goodness I stuck with the ice cream and Oreos diet plan this pregnancy.

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #22
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tried the castor oil today - all it did was give me a good bowel cleansing really. I'm convinced that all those labor induction methods are nothing but lies.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:13 AM   #23
bigmamahayes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Tried the castor oil today - all it did was give me a good bowel cleansing really. I'm convinced that all those labor induction methods are nothing but lies.
Agreed! I have been taking EPO orally and vaginally for the last 2 days, and also started drinking red raspberry leaf tea 2x a day for the last two days, and I lost some mucous plug today! Hooray! BUT, I would never say that those things helped induce my labor (especially because I still haven't had a contraction). I might have lost my plug today even if I didn't do those things, you know? I am pretty sure it's JUST TIME! Haha. I could have eaten some mountain oysters for lunch and then convinced myself that is what did it! Maybe it was the hot Cheetos? Or the pound of See's candies? Or laughing at the movie theater?

I'm willing to try most suggestions at this point because my induction seems to be creeping up so soon...but I never put too much stock in anything. That way, I am not disappointed or discouraged when it doesn't work.
Amy Kay, Air Force vet, Navy wife to Bradrick, mommy to Jocelyn (3/08), Samuel (10/09) and Carolyn (10/11), expecting #4 in October, Jesus loving, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, extended rear facing, epidural loving, bargain hunting, marathon running, full time online student and dancing drama queen. http://www.happyteamhayes.blogspot.com
bigmamahayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:57 AM   #24
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Pineapple? Pumping? Borage oils both ways?
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #25
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Personally I think that if your body isn't ready there's nothing you can do to force it. If however it's on the cusp some or all of those things may push you off the labor cliff, you know?

Me, I'm kinda hoping the full moon works it's magic...it did with my last, my water broke out of the blue (1CM, no regular contractions, etc.) with her the night of a full moon. However, she was born the day before her due date, this full moon I'll be not quite 38 weeks. I've also considered loading up spaghetti sauce with Oregano, Basil, and Fennel...not because I believe they'll actually push me into labor but more so because I was planning to make spaghetti anyway tomorrow and thought it would be fun to try it.

I do have a birthing ball but used it more for helping with proper positioning than I hope it puts me into labor. I need to get into the habit of sitting on it regularly again. I have been actively squatting a lot more though, trying to help to get the baby in the pelvis--since it has to happen anyway.

ETA: I'll also add that I'm still nursing my two year old and although the nursing does cause contractions I'm not in labor...yet. Who knows maybe one day it'll happen like that. I don't discredit it but I think the reason those contractions haven't put me into labor is because we're just not ready.

Last edited by Spunkify; 10-09-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #26
Courtneymomof2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post

yes, i'm convinced too...lies, all lies..
Courtneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #27
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

apparently all we need to do is go run a marathon! duh, why didn't i think of that?!?!

http://moms.today.com/_news/2011/10/...shing-marathon

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #28
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabeth05 View Post
apparently all we need to do is go run a marathon! duh, why didn't i think of that?!?!

I read that
Old 10-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #29
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabeth05 View Post

Umm, after limping around all weekend, and huffing and puffing after doing anything for more than 10 minutes, I don't even want to look at her.

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #30
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bar exam? http://www.theblaze.com/stories/woma...y-right-after/

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote