Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WWYD-Travel & new seat(Radian)?

If there's no one to help you then call the airline ahead of time and explain the situation. It is likely they can have someone help you. If all 3 kids can go on the stroller then you can load up a luggage cart with the seats. Folded Radians+Maestro should fit. Make sure you have a bag for your stroller to go in to help prevent damage. The Maestro fits well on a plane, it's narrower than the Frontier.

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
holl_ie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m
If there's no one to help you then call the airline ahead of time and explain the situation. It is likely they can have someone help you. If all 3 kids can go on the stroller then you can load up a luggage cart with the seats. Folded Radians+Maestro should fit. Make sure you have a bag for your stroller to go in to help prevent damage. The Maestro fits well on a plane, it's narrower than the Frontier.
Great ideas! Thanks! I paid for 3 CARES harnesses already but I would rather have them and not use them then potentially have damaged seats.I have a heavyweight duffel for the stroller.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
holl_ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
Ashlovespat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am on my phone and can't see siggies so if it says there I'm sorry I can't see this. But how old
Are the twins? Well, really, either way, if you are contemplating puttin the older single in a radian, can you just switch him and a twin until he grows out of it, putting the twin into the older one's seat until then and can go back to the XTSL? now I can't remember what seat you said it was but it seems it was a convertible, right? Then you wouldn't have to buy another one for just a short time.

Eta - NM I see now its a frontier and not a conv seat! :P sorry!

Last edited by Ashlovespat; 10-07-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Ashlovespat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #14
DaynaR
Registered Users
seller

Hmm, not sure what to tell you except:

Does your old son fit well in the radian? i would check before buying one.

Bug is only 3.5, 40.5 inches, 44 lbs, seated height of 15 BUT he's above the top slots on his radian FF.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #15
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaynaR View Post
Bug is only 3.5, 40.5 inches, 44 lbs, seated height of 15 BUT he's above the top slots on his radian FF.
Are you sure that you're not missing a harness slot? The Radian has a max harness height of 17 inches. It's one of the tallest convertibles on the market. I have never heard of a 3 year old outgrowing a Radian, especially one that is 40.5 inches tall. What is he riding in now?

Last edited by monica-m; 10-07-2011 at 09:53 PM.
monica-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #16
DaynaR
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m View Post
Are you sure that you're not missing a harness slot? The Radian has a max harness height of 17 inches. It's one of the tallest convertibles on the market. I have never heard of a 3 year old outgrowing a Radian, especially one that is 40.5 inches tall.
Yup totally sure it's on the top slot. Checked a dozen times at least 9and just checked again since it's still sitting in our living room), LOL. He's fine when sitting in it when it's on the floor, has about an inch to grow. Installed in the car though, he's half an inch above the top slot and despite the manufacturers guidelines we're just not comfortable with him above the top slots.

Must be the way the seat installs in our car I think (hence the trying it FF first before buying advice). He's in a nautilus now and has about 2.5 inches until he reaches the top slot and I know the top slots on it are only 1 inch taller than the Radian.

Doesn't make sense to me, and pisses me off actually as we bought it in hopes once the baby comes we could get 2 and have someone still fit in the backseat but it's a no go.

Last edited by DaynaR; 10-07-2011 at 10:07 PM.
DaynaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #17
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD is 41 inches and on the second slots. Are you sure the wings are up all the way? The can cover the top slots.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #18
an_aurora
Registered Users

My 4yo is 40" and on the top slots, with about an inch to grow.

Something weird is going on though, if he loses that much harness height with it being installed.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #19
DaynaR
Registered Users
seller

I have no idea WHY it does it. But YES he was on the top slot and the wings are all the way up. The Nauti is installed in the same spot the same way and is fine.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #20
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

What vehicle/seating position is it? I just want to know for personal reference in case a parent asks me about it or I'm recommending a seat. I like to keep track of incompatibilities.