Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
momofdestructobaby
Registered Users
seller

I just couldn't bring myself to do it.....

....I will preface this by telling you that when I had my DD1, I turned her FFing at 11 months because our laws here stated 20 lbs and had no accompanying age recommendation at that time. She hit 20 lbs at 6 months and I thought I was an awesome mama because I continued to RF to 11 months. Every.single.person I know also turned/turns their child FFing at 1 year.

So, since DD1 I have become better informed about car seat laws/recommendations/safety (thanks to you mamas and mamas on other similar sites). When DD2 was born we invested in a great seat for her. She currently rides in a Britax Marathon 70. She will be 2 next week and is still RFing Additionally, I also managed to convince a friend to continue to RF her son (same age as my DD and still RFed). Yay!

So, to make a long story short, DD puked in the seat a couple days ago and I had to take it out and clean it. Since then, I have allowed her to ride in DD1's Graco Nautilus, FFing. She loves it. :S DH was putting the pressure on to re-install the Britax FFing "to make things easier". I was seriously considering it. She is, after all, 2 next week, 28 lbs, and 34".

Then, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't install it FFing. I really don't care what DH thinks, since I drive the kids around 99% of the time.

I did the right thing, right mamas?!

Advertisement

momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I just couldn't bring myself to do it.....

You did the right thing. I like you FF at a year-- didn't know any different and hadn't found great sites to tell me differntly-- the next time I am planing on RF to age 2 and then go from there
Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good for you!! I too turned before a year because I didn't know any better. But DS2 is little like your DD...22 months and only 26lbs. He is still happily RFing and will be well past his 2nd birthday. My goal is to get to 3! After that, we'll see.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Maybe it is because I've never put a child into a FF seat, but how is it easier than putting them into a RF seat? I always see that, but I don't get it.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
momofdestructobaby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Maybe it is because I've never put a child into a FF seat, but how is it easier than putting them into a RF seat? I always see that, but I don't get it.
I think "its easier" is referring to the fact that our FFing DD can climb into the seat herself and get her straps on, waiting to be buckled, whereas DH has to lift RFing DD in and its sort of a weird angle in our car to lift her in. Also, if they were both FFing, they could both watch the DVD player, which would likely make car rides much more pleasant for all of us But, nonetheless, DD2 is still Rfing.
momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Good for you mama! I am SO lucky I found this site before DD was born. I can't even remember what I thought about carseats, but I know I was drooling over the nauti and thinking it would work when baby could sit up. I have learned so much on here! DD is 16mths and still rfing. I bet that if I didn't find this site, she would have been turned at 1...and only 15lbs, if not sooner

When you know better, you do better and you are doing so good!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

My RF five year old can get into her seat and get herself ready with the straps, what could be easier than that

Welcome baby Edeltraud! 27-7-2011 Von meinem iPhone gesendet.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Yeah, I have to lift my 3.5 year old into our Suburban, but then he climbs into his rf seat all by himself.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
allhiskids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My rf 4.2 year old climbs into my suburban, if I am in a hurry I lift him, then he gets in his seat and straps on and chest clip done, I buckle the straps and slide the clip up. Good to go. Not easier FF.

Kathy Mama to Isaac 7-25 , Grace , Charlie , Heather
allhiskids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
skyericsson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

our 4.2 year old DS gets in his RF britax blv 70 puts his harness on top and bottom and lifts up clip near his under pits if needed I then check it and off we go. (he is 31lbs 38" tall)
cosleeping, conservative yet extra crispycrunchy wife to my loving DH and sahm of our gorgeous princess sophia9/03 and cutie pie prince sven 8/07 and our beautiful sweet rainbow preemie born at 30 weeks Sång (pronounced "song")
skyericsson is offline   Reply With Quote