Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Nuva Ring

Thanks, ladies! My GYN gave me a 3 months worth of samples, so I can try it before she writes the script.

Jamie SAHM to William (7/07) & Luke (7/10)
JamieGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
Registered Users

Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
I had serious mood issues. I couldnt even stand it after 2 weeks i took it out. Like serious dont look at me or i will scratch your eyes out. Lol
I had a similar response to it. It was the first thing I tried after weaning DS. My moods we all over the place, and worse than when I was prego. I felt awful. It would fall out, or nearly when I ovulated, and got to the point where i'd take it out for DTD (3 hour window if I remember right) I tried it for 3 months before switching to Yaz. Also hated Yaz, decided hormonal bc was not for us and went to condoms.

It worked well for friends that used it, and there are a lot of ladies here that obviously liked it. My body just doesnt do well with hormonal bc. I did like the ease of it, and it was comfortable.
[CENTER]Jamie wife of 8 years to R, Homeschooling mom to 7 year old Jorden and 3 yearold Abigail My unmedicated hosptal VBAC amazing little girl.
Lost my bean on 4/16/2012
jamiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I used it for a only complaint was the $25 a month was also before I realized my cycles were all messed up. that was before pre-trying to conceive days
Lisa, Landon - 7 and Owen - 4

Last edited by Weezy6703; 10-20-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Weezy6703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
I liked it just fine, but stopped because I'm apparently still too forgetful for even the Nuva Ring. I kept forgetting to switch on time and all that. But anywho, I always took mine out during sex. The packaging says something about being able to remove it for up to 3 hours, I think. So yeah, I just took it out and then put it back afterwards.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG
I haven't tried it but I had a friend who did and she got violent migraines from it. Took weeks to abate after she took it out. Hormonal thing I'm sure. I'm prone to migraines (had an AVM in my right frontal lobe that developed into and aneurysm that burst and stroked) so I won't even try it. Neither of my Mirenas fell out though but I can understand not wanting to have a repeat of that!
I use it and do get headaches at the end of my three weeks and when I put one back in. Usually I can control them with an aleve but sometimes they are kinda rough. Other than that I love it and have been using it for just under 5 years. Never fallen out.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum. Sorry for typos or incorrect autocorrects!
Wife to J , Mommy of 2 spoiled boys
B Age 7
& I Age 4
I am a slow shipper, please take note of this if you purchase from me.

2boysforme! is offline   Reply With Quote