Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/8-9

Hi, ladies.

Still feeling crappy, but at work.

Advertisement

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/8-9

good morning all. Heartburn is really getting me here today.

I'm in a coop and they are starting to use WePay instead of paypal. If you are interested there is a link in my siggy. I guess the fees can be lower than paypal for those paying out of a bank account.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning girls.
Cinnamonrolls in the oven Hoping to stay close to home today and get my kitchen cleaned up. It's the worst room in the house right now LOL. And I guess the rest of the day will be spent working on my various craft projects!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
framus
** Do Not FSOT with this member~ Contact Admin**

My Mood:

Morning all I was hoping to sleep in today but the kids thought otherwise
Old 10-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
Chickpea's Mama
Registered Users
seller

Morning!

Ooo, cinnamon rolls sound lovely

I'm scouring the internet for art projects for DS. We're realizing he really doesn't do many artsy things. Making a list for AC Moore/Michaels today.
Chickpea's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #6
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kayti - DD *loves* to draw using crayola markers (awesomely washable!)
I've also heard of ppl that do different colored puddings and let their little ones sit in the highchair and 'paint' with it like finger paints. or for watercolors get jello powders and leave dry and give him a glass of water and a brush and use the powder like u would the paint
Just a few fun ideas....
Old 10-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortdrawbryant View Post
Morning girls.
Cinnamonrolls in the oven Hoping to stay close to home today and get my kitchen cleaned up. It's the worst room in the house right now LOL. And I guess the rest of the day will be spent working on my various craft projects!
Ohh baking sounds like fun. It is a tad hot here for that though since I don't want to turn the oven on.

Quote:
I've also heard of ppl that do different colored puddings and let their little ones sit in the highchair and 'paint' with it like finger paints. or for watercolors get jello powders and leave dry and give him a glass of water and a brush and use the powder like u would the paint
Just a few fun ideas....
We have done different colored jello that I made extra thick for shapes. I gave the scrap parts to my girl and she had a blast playing / eating them.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
meg321
Registered Users
seller

Went to the thrift store this morning to see if I could find any long sleeve things for LO, we ended up with 10 things for $7! I was pretty excited Now, I just finished making some apple crisp since we have about 30 lbs of apples (no joke) I'm pretty excited to eat it!

It has been a nice start to a 3 day weekend.
meg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Kayti- my dd1 lives painting and glueing things. At "playschool" this week they drew a tree on brown paper and then glued cut out leaves of different colors to the tree.

Afm- well, I feel like I'm almost ready for baby to get here. I've got the carseat ready, got the clothes washed and ready, got the blankets and burp rags clean and put away, got most of the diapers washed but they aren't put away yet, and the pf's still need another wash or 2. Pretty much though I think I just need to pack my bag and get my laundry done this weekend and i'll be good! Not that I'm expecting baby to come next week, but i'll be 36 wks then and thats when I want to be ready.

Ok, is anyone else so ridiculously tired of peeing ALL-THE-TIME!? I kid not, I am going 3 or more times an hour! I go to the bathroom right before we walk out the door in the morning and by the time I get 3 kids out of the house and fastened in carseats I have to run back in the house to go again! Yesterday I went before we left the house to pick ds up from school and by the time we got there (just over a 10 min drive) I had to go again. I think it frustrates me the most b/c with my others I had this in the first tri, then it slowed some during my second tri before it hit the really bad point. This time I have had no break. Maybe like 3 wks, but I have had to pee all the time since like 20 wks. and I'm sure I had the early frequency until at least 14-16 wks. Ugg. Ok sorry, rant over.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
Chickpea's Mama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Just a few fun ideas....
I just read that about the pudding and gelatin this morning actually! I also read that colored ice cubes with craft sticks are fun for painting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaGirl7 View Post
Kayti- my dd1 lives painting and glueing things. At "playschool" this week they drew a tree on brown paper and then glued cut out leaves of different colors to the tree.

Ok, is anyone else so ridiculously tired of peeing ALL-THE-TIME!? I kid not, I am going 3 or more times an hour! I go to the bathroom right before we walk out the door in the morning and by the time I get 3 kids out of the house and fastened in carseats I have to run back in the house to go again! Yesterday I went before we left the house to pick ds up from school and by the time we got there (just over a 10 min drive) I had to go again. I think it frustrates me the most b/c with my others I had this in the first tri, then it slowed some during my second tri before it hit the really bad point. This time I have had no break. Maybe like 3 wks, but I have had to pee all the time since like 20 wks. and I'm sure I had the early frequency until at least 14-16 wks. Ugg. Ok sorry, rant over.
I bought some glue sticks and regular white glue today so.... we'll see how that goes

As for peeing, my m/w told me that sometimes peeing so often (feeling like you have to go again right when you leave the bathroom) is a result of an infection (which is hard to differentiate with a baby on your bladder of course!). I started taking cranberry capsules twice a day and it's really helped. I still go a lot, but not nearly like it was before.

AFM: Pretty productive day so far! I mailed my bead swap beads this morning and then we swung by the farmers market and picked up some eggs. They have a really neat old fashioned broom making shop in the little downtown area here so, we stopped in for a few minutes and watched. Fascinating. Then we hit up craft stores and stocked up on some supplies for a few art projects for DS. Oh, and if you missed my mention of it yesterday... AC Moore has all their Melissa and Doug toys buy one, get one free right now! Amazing. We bought the cupcake set and the pizza party set for DS yesterday (putting one away for Christmas) for $22!
Chickpea's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote