Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/8-9

Hi girls. we've had a pretty good day here so far. It's been a pretty ideal saturday for me! Hubby has been working on his truck and I did a few dishes then we both took a break and rode our 4wheelers with dd up to a neighbors house and visited then came back and just sat in chairs and watched DD play in the yard. It is VERY unusual for hubby to do something like this so I was very happy just to relax with him

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg321 View Post
Went to the thrift store this morning to see if I could find any long sleeve things for LO, we ended up with 10 things for $7! I was pretty excited Now, I just finished making some apple crisp since we have about 30 lbs of apples (no joke) I'm pretty excited to eat it!

It has been a nice start to a 3 day weekend.
Congrats on the good deals.
We also have a lot of apples. I got them when I took my two to the orchard. I plan to make pies on Monday if it is cool enough.

AFM I went to CVS today with my two and they were both good with no accidents for my son. I was able to get choc milk for 1.10 and then diapers and wipes for a shower gift for $10.50 instead of $25. I'm hoping the diapers are about a week's supply and the wipes a month. I love it when the coupon machine gives me baby coupons for stuff I had to get anyway. The shower is tomorrow night so I waited it out on purpose, checking for a coupon each time I was there.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #13
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow....sounds like everyone is really busy/domestic......I've been lurking the daily chat threads, but not really posting a ton. I'm still in Portland to help out my sis with my dad, who just got out of the hospital on Tue. It's been really hard for me being without the boys, and to see my dad has lost so much weight and barely eats anything (although since doing the surgery and putting an ileostomy bag in, he is taking in a bit more). I've been sleeping really poorly, probably because I worry a lot, which makes the heartburn about 5x worse than usual. I have not had any time that is just mine since I got here, and it's getting overwhelming. Then I get frustrated and feel guilty for feeling that way, because it's not like I have to deal with it every day like my sis, then I feel guilty for being relieved that I don't have to. And I just miss DH and the boys so much, and I miss being taken care of, if that makes sense. Sorry for the vent......not too many outlets over here.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #14
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hi~ I'm gonna have a crafty weekend! I finally remembered to get 2x2 rib knits at joann's so I am going to make badly needed pants for the girl. I bought some for DS too so I can make a 90 minute shirt for him in long sleeve using the yummy bamboo jersey I got. I also bought some cute owl prints so I'm gonna work on making something out of it :P I bought some tutu material for our cousin in carlsbad. I need about 15 more minutes of crocheting for my swap gift, mail that out, put the beads in envelopes and mail them out too. I bought some lavender malabrigo at the LFS since they didn't have fiber LOL. I also ordered a pound of merino. I'm debating whether to try my hand at dying or to leave it natural... then I am gonna spin it up! I guess its going to be a crafty weekend for me. I'm finally feeling kind of nesty.

jenn - my mom took care of my stepfather who had cancer for a year at home.... so sorry you are going through this its hard to see any family member sick even if its a little while.

Last edited by naura; 10-08-2011 at 02:55 PM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

Hi just though I would get on and update my contractions are 3.5-4 minutes apart but I haven't dilated any more than I was last Friday I'm really hoping than when my midwife checks me again at 5:30 that I'm showing progress otherwise she might send me home
Old 10-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #16
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Crystal-wow! Good luck.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

No change I'm Home for now hoping that I can get some rest
Old 10-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #18
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckerswife View Post
No change I'm Home for now hoping that I can get some rest
I hope you get the rest you need too
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #19
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow Crystal, keep us posted and hope little bean sticks in there a bit longer.

Jenn - so sorry things are so tough right now. I'm sure your boys and DH will be thrilled to see you when you get home and of course your Dad must really appreciate having you there, even if it doesn't seem like it right now.

Sounds like everyone is having a busy weekend. I haven't really stopped all day and been having ctx's and bh non-stop. Actually had a new babysitter come over for an hour to get to know the kids so that was good. I just did some laundry while they played. Next week she will watch the younger two for 2 hours so I can go to Tae Kwon Do with ODS by himself for once! I never get to watch and pay attention which I need to for testing etc.

Weather here is amazing! Kids having so much fun building piles of leaves and jumping in them.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #20
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone

Thia- I really hope you start feeling better soon! I feel like when you get sick when you are pregnant it sticks around for so much longer. I hope you can get some rest!

Nichole- cinnamon rolls sound SO good! I think we have everything in the house to make some, I should do that tomorrow!

Kayti- I worked at a day care for 7 years with 1 year olds and we always did so many fun art projects and now I feel like I can't remember ANY of them! DD really likes to finger paint and glue things to paper....doesn't matter what it is, she loves to glue! I've haven't done this with dd yet, but a toddler favorite was taking a wisk and whipping baby shampoo into a foam and letting them play with that on the table. Or letting them paint with finger paint on the table (or wax paper) then using a piece of construction paper, push it onto their painting to make a print. I always like the art projects that are more about the process than the product. Who cares if it isn't the cutest or if they smeared all of the colors together and now it is just a brown painting? If they had fun doing it and learned while doing it, then no biggie. That being said, there are times that I have dd do a cutesy art project just because I think it is cute!

Chelsea- I feel like I pee way too much too! It's pretty frustrating, especially when you really feel like you have to go. right. now. or else you will pee on yourself, only to actually go and only a little trickles out. Gotta love the baby on your bladder!

Jenn- I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope you are able to spend some quality time with your dad this week. I also hope it goes by fast so that you can get home to your boys and hubby. Just take it one day (or hour....or minute) at a time!

Heather- thanks for the ideas! I ended up doing a butterfly and it looks so cute! I will need to get pictures up. I am just trying to figure out how to finish it. I can either use embroidery floss and do a stitch around the edges, use my sewing machine to just do a simple stitch close to the edge and let it fray a bit or use my sewing machine to do a really tight zig zag all along the edges. Have you ever done this to a shirt? What do you recommend? I don't want it to be uncomfortable for the baby either, so I dunno what to do!

Crystal- WOW! I will definitely be checking regularly to see what is going on! Good luck!

Well, I definitely know that stress triggers contractions for me! Yesterday evening we were all playing outside with some neighbors. There are four kids all between the ages of 18 months and 2 years so we always have a lot of fun together. We live in a townhome and don't really have backyards, our driveways are in the back so it is like an alley back there. Well there are three buildings of townhomes kinda like in a triangle that form a fork in the road. (I really hope this kinda makes sense) I had to run inside to find something but dh had dd and they were a few houses down playing. While I was inside I heard screeching tires but didn't think too much of it, but then they got louder and it sounded like it was getting closer. So I ran back out the garage door to see a car flying in reverse across our driveway and run into the neighbors (who had JUST gone inside for dinner) garage door. Then I saw dh running towards the car but didn't see dd. Oh my goodness did I panic. I instantly thought that the car had hit her and that is why dh was running that way. (I later found out that he didn't know I had run inside and was looking for me!) DD was still down a few houses at the neighbors and totally safe! Of course I was still just panicked after all of that and seeing a car backed halfway into a garage door! I ran down and grabbed dd (I don't know why, I knew she was fine but I just NEEDED to have her in my arms...maybe just a mom thing?) well I instantly started contracting and they just didn't stop. After having 3 in less than 4 minutes I got a chair and plopped myself and dd in it. After I finally calmed down they went away. I knew it wasn't labor and was just the stress. Anyways, apparently the lady put her car in reverse (in her garage) then forgot something so jumped back out but then realized that her car was still moving back so she jumped back in it and went to hit the break but hit the gas instead. Her car door got bent totally back on the side of her garage door and broke the glass. We still can't figure out why she didn't take her foot off of the gas as she flew across one street, over the median of grass, across another street and through our driveway before she hit a garage door...maybe she was just panicked? Who knows. The weird part is that she got out, didn't say much, mumbled something about how she had to get her husband from the train station then just walked home!!! (leaving her car in the neighbors driveway!) I guess she was in shock and everyone handles shock differently, I just found it odd.
Sorry for the ridiculously long story. I've been wanting to tell someone about it and you guys are the lucky ones that got to hear it! Today has been uneventful thought We sat around and played a lot. DH went and looked at some minivans. I pretty much told him I don't really care what we get, just something that will work and isn't too ugly Hopefully in the next 2 weeks we will actually get one!