Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #21
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/8-9

crazy! once I rolled the truck down hill at a VW dealership and hit a brand new 2009 jetta. I wasn't thinking and put the truck in to neutral to start it but I wasn't in it (it had gear problems). jake was sitting in the front seat. then because of the shock I started nursing DS in front of everyone. I didn't care who was looking!

Advertisement

Last edited by naura; 10-08-2011 at 08:07 PM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #22
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yikes Jaime that is so scary. I would be with you with contractions, kinda freaking me out just reading about it.

I'm a little suspicious as to the lady though. I agree it could just be shock, but any chance that alcohol was involved?

We live in a cul de sac so kids play "fairly" safely on the street, esp during the week when everyone is at work. At the weekends I get a little crazy as one family parks their cars on the street and work on another or their boat(parked in their garage) or whatever. It means I can't always 100% see the kids clearly and I worry as the court is more "clogged" and others can't see the kids. I'm sure the neighbours think I'm nuts.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #23
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We don't think alcohol was involved, but I guess we can't know for sure. They are a young (probably early-mid 30's) couple. They are super quiet and keep to themselves. We are wondering if maybe culturally things are different. (I'm not exactly sure where they are from, but she speaks broken english, his is pretty clear though) But maybe things are just handled differently where they are from? But as far as the actual accident goes, I don't think culture plays a part in that Who knows, maybe she was just in a hurry or was distracted or was just having a bad day and made a really bad decision? It was a toyota and at first we all thought that maybe it was one of the cars with a recall and they just hadn't gotten it fixed, but that didn't seem to be it...who knows. It's all over now, but it's so hard to shake the "what if's." You really can drive yourself crazy with those!

and yes, I totally understand getting crazy about the kids and other cars on the weekend! We have a pretty quiet neighborhood and everyone knows that there are kids EVERYWHERE and drive pretty slow. We feel pretty comfortable back there with dd and the other kids playing (but we are still always on top of them, not letting them run into the street!) But you really just never know. It's not that people are always reckless or don't care, but sometimes they just might not be able to see the kids. That's what scares me the most!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #24
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jaime - yikes tha would have been scary!

AFM - My hormonal self is so ready to beat my husbands head into a pulp! He went out to help his uncle work on their play trucks for mudding and said he *should* be back around 1AM. Still totally too late to be out to me but I let him go as I'm trying to get past my insecurities and let him enjoy these last few weeks as well before we have a newborn in the house again. Well I just got up to pee and it;s 445 AM and HE IS STILL NOT HOME! To me that is utterly rediculous and he better have some darn good explaining to do! Especially since he's in MY car!!!!!!! At this point I *know* i need to go back to bed to get some sleep but I just don't think I will be able to. UGH..men!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:56 AM   #25
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Hey all! 3 am and I am not sleeping, ugh! Had a good day today. Went to Old Navy and got DD6 4 new outfits for her bday and got the toddler 4 new outfits too. They have 30% off clearance right now, and so lots of things were $2 or $1 something. Then we went to wal-mart and got some groceries. Came home, cleaned, got all the diapers washed and put away, wasted time online...etc.. lol

And yes to peeing. I pee constantly! I think my aide at work is probably getting annoyed with me because I seriously have to leave the classroom ALL THE TIME to pee. I feel pretty done being pregnant, but still have about 6 weeks to go. I hope it goes quick! It should though, because I have through Tues off work but then I have a conference weds-fri and then back to work the next monday, but then conference tues and weds and again tues and weds of the next week. By the time I am done with the conferences I'll only have 3 weeks to go! So, that's kind of breaking up my month to make it go faster. Although I am not looking forward to the commute to phoenix!

My mom and brothers are coming up next weekend too for my dd's birthday. I am so excited. It's been 3.5 months since we've seen them (which doesn't seem long, but I used to see my brother daily and my mom a few times a week). So, that's another exciting thing to make October go by fast. So really, the 6 weeks will fly by I'm sure! Hard to believe I'll have a BABY soon!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #26
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies!

I am, of course, having a busy weekend as usual. I don't know if I can catch up with you guys!

Yesterday I spent the day running errands and grocery shopping. Today my DD2's preschool class is doing a performance during church, and then it is my niece's 6th birthday party (which I am throwing to help my sister out as she just started working full time). I'm hoping to get some knitting/sewing done in there somewhere. Tomorrow I see my midwives! DH is off tomorrow for Columbus Day so he actually gets to come to the appointment with me. He is behaving much better this weekend so I've actually had a good experience and am not as mad at him. We obviously still have some major things to sort out (job/state related) but I doubt those will really seriously come to a head until next Spring when he contract is up. Hopefully by then he will be able to realize how important keeping us all together is! So, otherwise I am going to try not to think too much about it because the stress was definitely causing me contractions and I don't need any of those! I'm 35w2d today and need to get to 37w for the homebirth. I'm actually going to order my birth supplies and birth pool online in a moment, very exciting and scary at the same time!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #27
framus
** Do Not FSOT with this member~ Contact Admin**

My Mood:

Morning again
I have three photo sessions to do today and really don't want to leave the house

I started a belly bump photo thread, you should all play!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #28
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Framus, I did

Morning all! Yesterday was crazy busy for us. It was fun, and I threw my GD diet out the window as I had 2 baby showers to go too. Totally ate 2 pieces of cake

We're being lazy today ... well, I skipped church, so I feel lazy. DH is out with MIL picking up DS's dresser, then I get to get all his diapers/blankets in it and finish the kids' room. I also want to decorate for Halloween. And possibly clean out a closet or two. We'll see, I'm pretty sore from yesterday.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #29
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jaime~ How crazy about that lady. I love my 07 Nissan Quest, last I looked you can get a used one for a decent price. Hope your able to find a van you like.

AFM~ The kids school is trying to be politicly correct... They brought a note home saying no school Monday due to a non student/non workday granted by the governing board of trustees I later realized it's Columbus day... They should have just said that was the reason for no school. So now I have to take them to my NST tomorrow so hopefully they will be good.

Earn Free Giftcards Join Swabucks Click Me
DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #30
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dunno about political correctness but we NEVER had columbus day off at work. but now due to budget cuts it looks like they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustysSweety03 View Post

Jaime~ How crazy about that lady. I love my 07 Nissan Quest, last I looked you can get a used one for a decent price. Hope your able to find a van you like.

AFM~ The kids school is trying to be politicly correct... They brought a note home saying no school Monday due to a non student/non workday granted by the governing board of trustees I later realized it's Columbus day... They should have just said that was the reason for no school. So now I have to take them to my NST tomorrow so hopefully they will be good.