Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #31
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
My Mood:
Originally Posted by NikkiGig
I don't get people's aversion to breastfeeding. I was recently visiting an exclusively MATERNITY hospital (just for pregnant women and babies) and I was in a hallway by myself nursing my baby when the receptionist runs over, throws a towel over the two of us and says "There now isn't that better?". I was so flabbergasted I couldn't come up with a smart reply so I just gave her a dirty look and pulled off the towel. Hello this is a maternity hospital for crying out loud! I am surprised she didn't come over and pull it back up for us. I wasn't even exposed in the slightest.
That's ridiculous but it seems like other women/moms are the biggest critics when we should be supporting each other! I definitely don't live in a crunchy area so it'a going to be interesting when I NIP with #2 lol.

Shakeeta, , , , BWing, college sweetheart wife to B & mama to MG1 (1-29-10), intact MG2 (4-22-12), & MG3 (12-11-14)
ClemsonMama87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: They act like I plopped by boob on their table

My BFF, whom I hadn't seen for a long time, said me BFing my 28 month old was "just disturbing".....found we have NOTHING in common anymore and are no longer friends.

ETA: And her teenage daughter said she will never BF because she doesn't want her boobs to sag (BTW, her mother got a boob lift and tummy tuck)
Extended BFing , non-vaxing, room-sharing, HSing, semi-crunchy SAHM to M and B Injured by toxins: Are you AWARE of your indoor air?

Last edited by GLAZmommy; 10-11-2011 at 04:54 PM.
GLAZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

invite them to dinner at your place and do just that... plop your boob right on the table! xoxo
crunchyjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

OH man this is terrible I have nursed everywhere w/ all 4 of my babies. Although i dont like to nurse my 18month old in public because she is so nosey and creates a mess with the milk and leaves my boob hanging LOL So i dont typically nurse her besides at home or at church in the nursing room. But she can eat table food so snacks are a great alternitive for her. As for the 6 month old yes he gets it wherever whenever! I normally cover up if in a busy place...but at the park or in a semi private area i dont...and thats due to my comfort level i guess...pluss when i am chasing the other 3 i like to be covered incase #4 pops off!!

funny story last year at a good friends wedding, i was in the wedding and dd was 3months old. She got hungry a few times at the reception and we were at the head table and in a strapless dress that had to be unzipped along w/ my tummy control bra. So the waiter suggested i go under the table to nurse baby she said moms do it all the time. So i did! LOL i wasnt about to get half naked and i didnt wanna have to leave to find a spot to get half naked to nurse the baby. Why arent bridesmaids dresses more nursing friendly LOL
Melissa, loving wife to Zac mama to Chloie (12/03) Ty (07/08) and
Myra April 2010 and her irish twin Cullen April 2011
doTERRA Distributor, ask me what Essential Oils can do for your family!
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #35
Registered Users
Don't worry about it u know u r doing what is right for you and your baby thats all that matters! Lol I am one of the not shy ones no matter where we are or what we are doing if DS wants the breast I pull it out & feed him & if someone stares I just stare right back lol! I've actually had a mom at a play area in our mall tell security I was flashing th kids wow! This was when DS was 3 months old so they came to talk to me & saw I was breastfeeding & u couldn't even see anything the other lady caused such a problem complaining they kicked her out lol!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Amanda : , baby wearing, non circing SHAM to Teahya::6-4-08 and Nikolai4-22-10 andwith #3 Markus Anthony and #4 Marius asher
Teahya&nikolais_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #36
Registered Users

Wow, I'm sorry. I'm becoming more and more brave about NIP. So far, I've only done it with a cover or blanket, but my goal is to do without eventually. (DH has a problem with that, though...that's the main reason I've hesitated.) No one has even batted an eye, and I live in a non-crunchy area.
Mama to Julian Matthew 5/10/11

If you find a website or code with a good deal on Tots Bots Easy Fit, please PM me!
anne1140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #37
Registered Users
Im sorry but if my baby wants food, I will feed them. If Im hungry, Im going to eat right then. Why wait? Its the same with older kids. If their hungry ur not gonna wait to go to the car to feed them food in case it offends another person. Plus, people so offended so easily nowadays
*Bonita* - Loving, Converse Wearing, Hippie College Student,
Now Back in Texas
My Cheshire (Samson) Feb 2013

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote