Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #11
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: higher rf weight

The radian 80 (don't remember the proper name) was on sale on alleebab for $189 - don't know if the sale is still going or not.

Advertisement

Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebird89 View Post
My 6mo old is already 25lbs(he was 8.9 at birth) his current seat is to 35lb rf. I know he will outgrow that weight limit before he turns 2. The highest weight limit rf i see is 45lb. Is there one that has higher then that for rf?? I have a feeling that he will hit 35lb at around 18 months old. Id like to keep him rf as long as possible even if that means getting a $$$$$ seat, Id rather not spend over $150 but I might have to huh?
DS was born at 9lbs 3 oz, and was also 25 pounds at 6 months. He's 18 months now, and in the last year has only gained 5 pounds. Your DS's weight gain will slow down considerably pretty soon, once he become more mobile and active.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #13
Katiebird89
Registered Users
seller

Im hoping lol my other kids did not gain this fast! DD has taken 2 1/2 yrs to gain 20lbs its taken him 6mo to gain almost 20lbs so Im very worried.

He is not tall by any means since he is 27in tall lol Im not worried about height we are very short people(DH is 5'5 im 5'3) lol then again hes outdone us on weight so who knows lol

Good to know my options! Hopefully he really slows down and doesnt hit 35lbs before hes 2 at least...

I swear this kid likes to keep me on my toes hehe
Old 10-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I know you're worried, but my DD followed a similar weight gain pattern and was still nearly 3 before she hit 35lbs. She's still close to the top end of the growth chart at 40lbs at not quite 4. I was completely sure too that DD would hit that before 2. Didn't happen. She only gained 3-4 lbs in the second have of her first year, and only 4 lbs in the entire second year. They really do slow way down.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebird89 View Post
Im hoping lol my other kids did not gain this fast! DD has taken 2 1/2 yrs to gain 20lbs its taken him 6mo to gain almost 20lbs so Im very worried.

He is not tall by any means since he is 27in tall lol Im not worried about height we are very short people(DH is 5'5 im 5'3) lol then again hes outdone us on weight so who knows lol

Good to know my options! Hopefully he really slows down and doesnt hit 35lbs before hes 2 at least...

I swear this kid likes to keep me on my toes hehe
My 2nd was 25 lbs at 6 months old and about 28 lbs at a year, she just turned 3 years old and is only 32 lbs now. She gained very quickly from birth to about 9 months and has gained very little since she was 9 months old. I'd try not to worry about it yet.