Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
Angel89411
Banned

Nursing Pillow

I need a nursing pillow. The Boppy was useless with DS1. It did not hold him up near high enough. I had DD boobs when my milk but a longer torso. I am already at a D so I am expecting to be about there again. I still had to either crane over, causing back pain, or support DS1 myself which also ended up making me sore. I would really like to spend as little as I can on this as I am trying to stay in a small budget. It does not have to be a specific nursing pillow. Just needs to be firm and elevated. A regular pillow did not help last time, either.

Any thoughts on this one?
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...prodFindSrc=rv

Advertisement

Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing Pillow

The pillow looks neat. Never tried it, so can't comment on it.

I cannot say enough good things about "My Brest Friend" pillows. I've used the regular one for about 3 years now, and the twins one for a year. They both are awesome. I HATED the boppy. DS would just fall down into it and it gave no support for my back either. MBF straps on you and you can get up and answer the door or get the phone without having to readjust everything. You can do a google search for "Boppy v. My brest Friend" to get some more opinions.

Last edited by proudmama4; 10-09-2011 at 10:02 PM.
proudmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Angel89411
Banned

Anyone else? I have also considered just getting a couple of thick, firm regular pillows to try with.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
Chessie
Registered Users
seller

I love the My Breast Friend pillow. I also even did double pillows in the beginning to get it up high enough. I put the boppy under the Breast Friend till my baby was big enough to transition. But Breast Friend attaches to you and is perfect shape for newborns.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I hated the boppy at first, but at the time I only had the option of that or whatever I had laying around..so I ended up making it work and now love my boppy. I normally nurse in a recliner and I position the boppy on the arm of the chair, and have DD lay on top of it. Hope that makes sense basically the arm of the chair is holding the boppy up, so I don't have to slouched. HTH!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I know yall aren't exactly loving the boppy but I just realized my baby is actually sitting in a boppy in my pic LOL! I think she loves it too off topic but shes at the age where she has to sit up and the boppy is perfect for that, with her