Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #101
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Diamond Babies Weekly Chat :)

The local midwives group called, they have an opening for me! Midwives have only been covered by the Ontario Health plan for a few years so there's not enough to cover the demand for them right now. I'll start seeing them next month!

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #102
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
The local midwives group called, they have an opening for me! Midwives have only been covered by the Ontario Health plan for a few years so there's not enough to cover the demand for them right now. I'll start seeing them next month!
How exciting!
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #103
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Compuremama, that is so exciting! I'm glad you got in with a good midwife practice and so fast too!

Oh goodness, apparently I do have the stomach bug. I started running a fever. At least I'm able to keep water down and it's mainly the runs. I hope this passes soon and that my sons loose stool diapers end really soon too, it's gross. I've been giving him lots of kefir. I'd drink it, but I have no desire to eat or drink something close to a solid state.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #104
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
Yay! That is great news! So glad you got in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
Oh goodness, apparently I do have the stomach bug. I started running a fever. At least I'm able to keep water down and it's mainly the runs. I hope this passes soon and that my sons loose stool diapers end really soon too, it's gross. I've been giving him lots of kefir. I'd drink it, but I have no desire to eat or drink something close to a solid state.
So sorry, I got the stomach bug like that early in pregnancy when I was feeling SICK from m/s already and it was rough. I hope it passes quickly for you and you start feeling better soon!

So today I had my very first prenatal midwife appointment! yay! AND we finally heard the heartbeat!!! She had listened for the heartbeat at 11 weeks for the initial consultation and couldn't find it so I was really nervous about this appointment. But it was there! And I even was able to have my dh at this appointment so he got to hear it too.

I am still not feeling the second trimester joy though. Still feeling queasy, lightheaded, tired easily. Im 14 weeks 4 days today. I don't remember still feeling like this last time but Im older and more tired with a 2 year old to run around after so that probably is contributing.

We also finally told my eight year old and we are making the official announcement tonight. So exciting stuff.
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #105
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone else feeling a lot of pressure in your abdomen/baby area? I have a feeling that this baby is growing! It feels full and I don't like bending over or squishing the baby because of the pressure. The pressure feeling is similar to the feeling you get when baby is big and you are at least 30 weeks along. Maybe my baby is sitting low? I haven't felt movement for quite a while now but it's early days still and I'm active with my 9 month old.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #106
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
Anyone else feeling a lot of pressure in your abdomen/baby area? I have a feeling that this baby is growing! It feels full and I don't like bending over or squishing the baby because of the pressure. The pressure feeling is similar to the feeling you get when baby is big and you are at least 30 weeks along. Maybe my baby is sitting low? I haven't felt movement for quite a while now but it's early days still and I'm active with my 9 month old.
I only feel pressure, discomfort if I'm not sitting up straight. If I'm hunched over at all it's like I'm smooching everything. Our new dining table is low & I'm really tall so I have to really pay attention to posture while eating.

DD (2) told grandma today that mommy has baby in belly. Mommy's belly going to get really big, baby growing and baby come out. Baby crying. Snuggle baby in blanket.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:25 AM   #107
crunch!910
Registered Users

Well I didn't go to my midwives interview. I found out the hospital doesn't have couch beds for dads to stay the night, and DH is NOT sleeping in a chair! That and they have horrible service - Every time I call I get put on hold for like 5 minutes. sometimes I drop the call, sometimes I don't havce time to wait on hold that long. And when they do finally answer, I didn't find them helpful or kind.
I found a different midwive group that practices under a doctor and has priveleges at three different hospitals! So I'd have options, could tour each one, and choose! And every time we called, they were VERY nice and helpful, answered questions, never put on hold. Much smaller practice, much more friendly....HIGH VBAC and vaginal birth rates!!! But, that means i have to wait even longer to get prenatal care. Nov 4th now, and then I'll be 18 weeks, nearly 19. They said to expect a two hour long appoitment, for the interview, for the first prenatal bloodwork and paperwork, and then my actual first prenatal with the doctor/midwife too. They want to get it all done at once since I'm so far into my pregnancy with no prenatal care. I hope they are okay with me refusing the pap. Definitely not doing it with how sensitive and easily painful things are down there. Definitely moreso with this one than with DS.

Oh, and I tried to call to cancel my appointment about 6 different times, never could... I'm thinkign about calling them back to explain it is THEIR fault that they didn't know I wasn't coming, so they know people are dissatisfied with the quality of receptionist service.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:30 AM   #108
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I feel pressure from time to time, but mostly it's my sciatic nerve that bothers me... Oy vey it hurts sometimes bad!

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:32 AM   #109
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910
Well I didn't go to my midwives interview. I found out the hospital doesn't have couch beds for dads to stay the night, and DH is NOT sleeping in a chair! That and they have horrible service - Every time I call I get put on hold for like 5 minutes. sometimes I drop the call, sometimes I don't havce time to wait on hold that long. And when they do finally answer, I didn't find them helpful or kind.
I found a different midwive group that practices under a doctor and has priveleges at three different hospitals! So I'd have options, could tour each one, and choose! And every time we called, they were VERY nice and helpful, answered questions, never put on hold. Much smaller practice, much more friendly....HIGH VBAC and vaginal birth rates!!! But, that means i have to wait even longer to get prenatal care. Nov 4th now, and then I'll be 18 weeks, nearly 19. They said to expect a two hour long appoitment, for the interview, for the first prenatal bloodwork and paperwork, and then my actual first prenatal with the doctor/midwife too. They want to get it all done at once since I'm so far into my pregnancy with no prenatal care. I hope they are okay with me refusing the pap. Definitely not doing it with how sensitive and easily painful things are down there. Definitely moreso with this one than with DS.

Oh, and I tried to call to cancel my appointment about 6 different times, never could... I'm thinkign about calling them back to explain it is THEIR fault that they didn't know I wasn't coming, so they know people are dissatisfied with the quality of receptionist service.
Glad you were finally able to find a place that will actually help you I would be annoyed with that other practice too

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #110
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Trying to get ready for DD"s 4th birthday party, and I have to sit down every 10-20 minutes. Ugh, I thought this part was over?
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote