Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #91
Angel89411
Banned

Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/10-10/16

I am having a lot of random cramping today. My lower abdomen gets hard for most of them and baby is still except for when I went a few hours with nothing. I am also a bit more active today - cleaning and laundry. So I am chalking it up to that. I am taking a short break because my stomach just feels sore now and I am tired. Then i need to get laundry switched over again and the front room cleaned up (pick up toys and sweep) and mop the kitchen.

My body is teasing me. TMI alert - I have had 3 small bowel movements so far today. They were really easy (not diarrhea, but not hard either) just like when I was in early labor right after the pitocin started with DS1. So my emotional, hopeful side is saying "What if it is starting??? I hope!" While my logical side is all "Probably not. You are way over-looking into things. Besides, we need Monday to get some more stuff cleaned."

I seriously got up today and all I can think about is cleaning. When DH gets home, I am going to have him to the hand wash dishes and hang/fold/put away laundry and I have crochet to do. I was going to work on it most of today, but I feel like things HAVE to be getting cleaned. I am hoping if DH is doing some cleaning, I can get myself to crochet.

Advertisement

Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #92
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by litllegreekmama View Post
You mamas who have their babies already ( I'm so jealous!!), what are you doing about Vaxs? I don't want to open a can of worms..but the point about how yucky Drs offices are around this time of year especially, and given that we don't have a ped that does sick/well I'm wondering how I should approach it. I'm definitely not in either pro-vaxing or non-vaxing camp. Some i think are good, some i think are totally unnecessary, and definitely don't agree with the schedule they have of pumping them full of crap the second the kid squirts out!!

Does anyone skip visits with the newbies, or vaxs and how do ya work it? My DS is doing to be due soon for his 2.5 yr but i think we'll pass on that one He is growing/eating just fine, and I don't think he needs to be poked again for a LOOONG time so what's the point?!
We aren't in a pro-vaxing or non-vaxing camp either. I agree that some seem more useful/necessary than others. I just had a big discussion (it was beautiful!) with the local moms group women on this in the last few weeks. Many of them recommended Dr. Sears' "The Vaccine Book". It is full of useful information such as info on the vaccine itself (what's in it and how it's made), the disease it's meant to prevent and such. I think we are going to go with his suggested "alternative" schedule which limits the amount of shots given at a single time so the baby only gets 2 shots a month and they don't get the first shot till 2 months instead of at birth. Seems a more reasonable but effective way of protecting our babies from overload...just my

Good luck! BTW...I'm right there with you still waiting hehe...
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #93
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

For thrush, I would refer to Dr. Jack Newman's all purpose nipple ointment. It is not sold over the counter, but must be made by a pharmacist at q compounding pharmacy. Dr. Newman's website , nbci.ca/, has a resource list for finding a compounding pharmacy as well as the recipe for the ointment. If your dr/ped is unfamiliar with this rx, Dr. Newman will often talk to them via telephone and answer any questions he or she may have.

I am doing fairly well. Still at the hospital recovering. My incision site is achy, but manageable with meds. I am starting to feel some anxiety creeping in. I am also finding myself losing easily losing patience with my dh today. This may be due to only getting a total of 9 hours of sleep in the last 84 hours. My placenta is dehydrated and just waiting on the practitioner to finish with a birth so she can grind and encapsulate it. I am hoping it will take the edge off.
Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #94
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I went to church today. We got there late and I sat in the prayer/nursing room. Thank God no one else was in there! It was perfect. I had 2 friends end up coming in but that was fine. They didn't get close or touch the baby. It felt so good to get outside the house.

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #95
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nancy - How are things going? Did the contractions end up picking up last night/today? I sure hope so! Things were sounding very promising yesterday.

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #96
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahbriansmom View Post
Nancy - How are things going? Did the contractions end up picking up last night/today? I sure hope so! Things were sounding very promising yesterday.
Cramping on and off today and pressure like I had to use the restroom. That is about it.

I have been VERY stressed today. I know stress can slow labor so if anything was happening, I bet that killed it. I actually think it'd be good for the baby to wait a bit longer. I am sinking into depression. DH is off for the next 2 days so maybe I can crawl out of this. Right now I just want to scream and cry.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #97
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ivy has been fussy since last night. I think she's got a belly ache. It's going to be a long night again.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #98
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
Ivy has been fussy since last night. I think she's got a belly ache. It's going to be a long night again.
Gas, maybe? You could always try Mylicon or Little Tummies.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #99
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
We had a long night last night, well Tristan and I did, my dh can sleep through anything (but thats another topic all together, haha!) Tristan woke up every hour or so, didnt want to nurse everytime, thankfully, but seemed uncomfortable and would fuss for a few minutes, snuggle with me and pass back out. Hopefully tonight will be better, I am tired!

My sister and dad are here, and they are helpful, but nights are all me, and just makes me not as nice of a mommy to my other kids. I feel bad, and really try not to take my crankies out on them.

Logans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #100
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel894

Gas, maybe? You could always try Mylicon or Little Tummies.
Yup, gas. DH was holding her and she tooted and burped and her tummy rumbled a bunch. Finally he put her to sleep and she slept for four-ish hours.

I thought they couldn't really have ness this early? Is it something I'd need to clear with her doc first?
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote