Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
Becky1551
Registered Users

Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/10-10/16

Lizzo, I didn't abstain either. Not a big drinker in the first place, but I have had a beer here and there after T1 and recently had a nice glass of white wine.

There's nothing I couldn't really have. I eat veg, so I didn't miss out on hotdogs or lunch meat or sushi (ate veggie sushi no problem from my favourite reputable place). All soft cheese in Canada is pasteurized, so I kept on eating that. And I ate soft serve from reputable places that I know clean and test their machines every night, as well.

One more week to go. Hopefully babe will stay put for me. And most of all, hopefully I don't go into labour during Thanksgiving dinner tonight. That REALLY does not need to happen

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Another congrats to Nicole!

Nancy & Nicolejshannon~ That doesn't sound fun. Are sharp pains like that "normal"?

Kim~ Sorry your family's been sick. Hopefully they'll be well in time for both baby's arrival and Sukkot! Illnesses during the holidays are the worst.

QOTW: True to my Washingtonian self ... a hard-core, fully caffeinated espresso beverage. I've been keeping myself on half-caff and trying to avoid espresso shops in general ... but the holidays are approaching and I want my Pumpkin Latte, dangit!

AFM ... not much to report. Still trying to kick this yeast (and I suspect bacterial as well) infection before the little one comes. Gals from my church are throwing me a shower on Friday (also my birthday), so I'd like to be able to attend that ... and I have a pile of sewing along with the kitchen/dining areas to clean. And hopefully the high-traffic carpet areas will get shampooed. So the baby just needs to park it a while longer (I know, I'm tempting fate, right?) She is all limbs, though ... I've got a powerful impression she's closer to her bro's size (8lbs 10oz) than her sister's (7lbs 9oz). I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks ...

Hope you all have a good week. I'll probably be largely MIA other than updating the arrivals thread.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #13
Courtneymomof2
Registered Users
seller

QOTW: True to my Washingtonian self ... a hard-core, fully caffeinated espresso beverage. I've been keeping myself on half-caff and trying to avoid espresso shops in general ... but the holidays are approaching and I want my Pumpkin Latte, dangit!

Also a Washingtonian, I would LOVE a nice HOT, STRONG coffee!

AFM, been having painful contractions that dont lead anywhere for 4 days now! They are mostly at night, and peter out during the day...had some bloody show...Dr appt today, non stress test and amniotic fluid measurement as I will be 1 week over due tomorrow. Common full moon!
Courtneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #14
Becky1551
Registered Users

Also, I meant to say that I get those cervical pains, too. They are normal (if they are the same as what I'm getting). It's like a pin prick in the cervix almost? It HURTS, but it's gone in a second? My doula told me that it is the cervix spasming and totally normal (MW confirmed). Happens to lots/most women.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
Angel89411
Banned

Jeanne - I think it may be what some call "lightning crotch"? It is not not normal. Not everyone gets it. I didn't have it with DS1 but I have heard a lot about it.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #16
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1ggy23 View Post
QOTW: What indulgence have you been avoiding due to pregnancy that you plan on rectifying once you aren't?
Nothing, really - I feel kind of bad admitting that though. I've indulged in a few beers after the first tri (WHY does that have to be my MAJOR pregnancy craving?!) and still drink at least one giant cup of fully caffeinated coffee every morning, don't cut out any foods... I am looking forward to having a couple glasses of wine for Thanksgiving, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1ggy23 View Post
I have been reading everything and thinking about all of you waiting on labor. I just feel kinda funny posting since I have already been holding my little one for so long
I'm definitely jealous. But - if everyone who laready had their babies stopped posting, the October DDC would be really slow already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post
Everyone is having their babies!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats everyone!!

I have been MIA due to this stomach virus running through our home. It seems never ending. So far everyone is "well" but I still tons of laundry to clean up, rooms to sanitize etc. and I'm constantly worried about keeping the house clean because I don't want anyone else to catch it. It has not been fun and I'm thankful baby hasn't been born yet at this point. It seems to take a few days for the next person to catch it, so maybe I do want baby to be late this time. Maybe not. If he's born I can stay in my room away from the mess and hubby can deal with it.

Anyway, QOTW: I can't really think of anything at all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megm View Post
I'm really hoping this full moon thing will get things started for me! Only 10 days until my EDD.. ah!

My husband's job has changed and he's now working almost 2 hours away. The company pays for him to stay in a hotel but it's hard to have him gone right now and I'm really worried about when the baby is born. He's taking a week off after she is born, but I know that it will fly by. We have lots of family to help out, but I really just want my hubby. KWIM?

QOTW: I have GD, so I have a huge list of things I'm looking forward to eating and drinking! Candy corn, an ICEE, a shirley temple, cake, a full order of french toast or pancakes, real lemonade. I really haven't felt deprived since my diagnosis, but it will be nice to be able to be a little less cautious about what I eat!
I'm sure having hubby so far away right now is nerve-wracking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havah View Post
AFM ... not much to report. Still trying to kick this yeast (and I suspect bacterial as well) infection before the little one comes. Gals from my church are throwing me a shower on Friday (also my birthday), so I'd like to be able to attend that ... and I have a pile of sewing along with the kitchen/dining areas to clean. And hopefully the high-traffic carpet areas will get shampooed. So the baby just needs to park it a while longer (I know, I'm tempting fate, right?) She is all limbs, though ... I've got a powerful impression she's closer to her bro's size (8lbs 10oz) than her sister's (7lbs 9oz). I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks ...

Hope you all have a good week. I'll probably be largely MIA other than updating the arrivals thread.
Hope you're able to kick the yuckies soon. Good luck with your busy week, and have a fabulous birthday!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #17
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel894 View Post
Jeanne - I think it may be what some call "lightning crotch"? It is not not normal. Not everyone gets it. I didn't have it with DS1 but I have heard a lot about it.
It's normal from what I've heard. I've been getting them a lot lately, mostly when we're out walking around in public. I get lots of concerned stares when it's happening, my reaction probably makes people think I'm going to pop out this kid right in front of them.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #18
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QOTW: What indulgence have you been avoiding due to pregnancy that you plan on rectifying once you aren't? 1) One of those pumpkin spice thingies from Starbucks. 2) Sushi. 3) A glass (or 2 or 3) of chilled white wine (probably a riesling). I did partake of a bit of caffeine and a bit of "non raw" sushi and a few sips of wine during the 3rd trimester but to be able to sit down at my favorite sushi place and order whatever I want and top it all off with my own glass of plum wine sounds like a small slice of heaven right now!

AFM: I've been having some odd, uncomfortable sensations. I don't really think they're contractions because there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern of tight, release (if that makes sense). It's mostly at night and I wake up and it feels like the upper part of my stomach is tight/sore so I reposition myself and go back to sleep. It almost kinda feels like I've done too many crunches or something instead of what I imagine contractions feel like (since I'm a first timer I can't really say for sure ) I am really hoping to either have this baby by Wednesday or for LO to stay put till at least Monday of next week. DH and I have his brother's wedding this weekend and DH is the best man and the wedding is in another state (about 4 hour drive) so we are really hoping to actually make it!
During the day I have been having what I imagine are closer to contractions (possibly BH). The lower part of my stomach tightens briefly and then releases...just a couple times and then nothing for a long time. I feel like such a newb and have no idea what's going on. LO is rather active a few times a day and seems to love rolling from one side to the other. Also hearing "pops" when LO moves...I assume that's normal...

Sorry long winded this morning...got a decent sleep last night so I'm a little nutty!

Congrats to all the ladies with new LO's in the last couple days. Good luck to the ones due here soon and hoping the full moon helps us out!
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #19
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

yay Nicole!!! super excited

qotw- once baby is a bit older i cannot wait for a nice glass of blush wine. Just one though

I had bad cervical pains with this baby. It literally feels like stabs in the cervix. ouch.

I have soooo much milk! omg...but I don't know why when I go to pump, it just won't happen...i'm lucky to get 1 oz in 20 min. Ideas anyone?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #20
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

WOW!! lots of little shuishy babies this weekend!

We had Joslyn Everly on Friday - super easy labor - got the epidural at 5 cm and was 10 cm in an hr and then ahd to WAIT for everyone to get in place...my Dr. learned her lesson - no practice pushes for me. One push and she was out!! All the nurses were impressed, no tears or anything. honestly if I could just push a baby out every once in awhile and skip the whole "big ol pregnant whale" part I would have 2 dozen babies. (well with the epidural, and maybe NO iv....I know a pipe dream!)

QOTW...not sure what I want now. I am not a big drinker - I don't give up my Dr. Prppers when pregnant so....I don't know...sleeping on my belly maybe ?!?!

AND....just wanted to let all you ladies know how awesome YOUR husbands are...mine went back to work today UGH!!! I could just shoot him. He was home all weekend and driving us CRAZY - he yells at the kids like they are his employees. Makes them clean up when they are playing nicely, makes them go to bed WAY before their bedtimes and then gets mad when they won't stay in bed, got PISSED at ME for letting oldest (12) take middle (4) outside to go look for worms...cause they didn't stay in the front yard - we live in a "one entrance" townhome community - WHERE would they go?!?! - oldest is responsible and can handle one 4 yr old - they were at the mailboxes - but it was MY fault I didn't ask where they were going (um - I did - they said "outside to look for worms")..while I was feeding baby and HE was watching TV...my fault - yeah right!! So - he thinks oldest can't go outside with her brother - BUT he wants her to do dishes and laundry and vacuuming and etc...sorry but she has more trouble with the washing machine (which she can barely reach the bottom) than walking with a 4 yr old. So today he gets up and gets on his work clothes...I ask...where y going?...work for a little bit (1 hr away) ...um ok...and then as he was leaving to take the "irresponsible kids" to school - I ask him if he knows how to get into the preschool (they have a code lock on the door)...he snaps back..."YES! of course!!...how hard could that be!!"...he comes home all cranky because he did NOT know his code and Parker took him to the wrong building (again MY fault)...I told him I had tried to discuss that with him as they were leaving...and he snapped back at me...had claims he thought I was "poking fun of him"..UGH!!! I swear this guy thinks HE just gave birth to a baby and came home in 26 hrs!!

So - go hug your lovely DH's and remember - you could have MINE!!

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote