Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #21
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/10-10/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoMama2b View Post
yay Nicole!!! super excited

qotw- once baby is a bit older i cannot wait for a nice glass of blush wine. Just one though

I had bad cervical pains with this baby. It literally feels like stabs in the cervix. ouch.

I have soooo much milk! omg...but I don't know why when I go to pump, it just won't happen...i'm lucky to get 1 oz in 20 min. Ideas anyone?
I know for me I have to be distracted for the pump to work well...like watching TV or playing on the computer - if I look at the pump I get nothing! Also - I usually just use the single hand pump (for easy cleaning etc) and sometimes I need to switch sides a couple times to get a good letdown going. Is it a new pump? Are you sure it has a good "seal" - I got new "parts" for mine - just in case. But really (for me) the being distracted (or focusing on something else) works the best!

Advertisement

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #22
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
I know for me I have to be distracted for the pump to work well...like watching TV or playing on the computer - if I look at the pump I get nothing! Also - I usually just use the single hand pump (for easy cleaning etc) and sometimes I need to switch sides a couple times to get a good letdown going. Is it a new pump? Are you sure it has a good "seal" - I got new "parts" for mine - just in case. But really (for me) the being distracted (or focusing on something else) works the best!
This. When I was pumping with DS1, I always got the best results when I was relaxed and not thinking about it.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #23
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
yay Nicole!!! super excited

qotw- once baby is a bit older i cannot wait for a nice glass of blush wine. Just one though

I had bad cervical pains with this baby. It literally feels like stabs in the cervix. ouch.

I have soooo much milk! omg...but I don't know why when I go to pump, it just won't happen...i'm lucky to get 1 oz in 20 min. Ideas anyone?
For me, let down with a pump took for-ev-ah. Ugh, I hate pumping. So I would just sit there, and sit there, and sit there getting nothing, and finally 20 or 30 minutes later I would start to get some. Ugh.

Do you have the correct size shields? That can make a big difference for some women.

Quote:
WOW!! lots of little shuishy babies this weekend!

We had Joslyn Everly on Friday - super easy labor - got the epidural at 5 cm and was 10 cm in an hr and then ahd to WAIT for everyone to get in place...my Dr. learned her lesson - no practice pushes for me. One push and she was out!! All the nurses were impressed, no tears or anything. honestly if I could just push a baby out every once in awhile and skip the whole "big ol pregnant whale" part I would have 2 dozen babies. (well with the epidural, and maybe NO iv....I know a pipe dream!)

QOTW...not sure what I want now. I am not a big drinker - I don't give up my Dr. Prppers when pregnant so....I don't know...sleeping on my belly maybe ?!?!

AND....just wanted to let all you ladies know how awesome YOUR husbands are...mine went back to work today UGH!!! I could just shoot him. He was home all weekend and driving us CRAZY - he yells at the kids like they are his employees. Makes them clean up when they are playing nicely, makes them go to bed WAY before their bedtimes and then gets mad when they won't stay in bed, got PISSED at ME for letting oldest (12) take middle (4) outside to go look for worms...cause they didn't stay in the front yard - we live in a "one entrance" townhome community - WHERE would they go?!?! - oldest is responsible and can handle one 4 yr old - they were at the mailboxes - but it was MY fault I didn't ask where they were going (um - I did - they said "outside to look for worms")..while I was feeding baby and HE was watching TV...my fault - yeah right!! So - he thinks oldest can't go outside with her brother - BUT he wants her to do dishes and laundry and vacuuming and etc...sorry but she has more trouble with the washing machine (which she can barely reach the bottom) than walking with a 4 yr old. So today he gets up and gets on his work clothes...I ask...where y going?...work for a little bit (1 hr away) ...um ok...and then as he was leaving to take the "irresponsible kids" to school - I ask him if he knows how to get into the preschool (they have a code lock on the door)...he snaps back..."YES! of course!!...how hard could that be!!"...he comes home all cranky because he did NOT know his code and Parker took him to the wrong building (again MY fault)...I told him I had tried to discuss that with him as they were leaving...and he snapped back at me...had claims he thought I was "poking fun of him"..UGH!!! I swear this guy thinks HE just gave birth to a baby and came home in 26 hrs!!

So - go hug your lovely DH's and remember - you could have MINE!!
I'm sorry about the way your DH is acting. I want to come and kick him in the butt for you! The day we brought DS home, DH decided that his tummy didn't feel good, and he needed to nap all day long and let me be responsible for everything. I was like "They cut open my stomach and pulled a human being out a few days ago, you think YOUR tummy hurts?!?". He snapped out of it the next day, but I'm still a little bitter about it, lol. GOOD LUCK!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #24
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QOTW= I went for sushi this weekend and had a glass of my husbands homebrewed semi-sweet hard cider last night.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #25
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel894 View Post
QOTW: What indulgence have you been avoiding due to pregnancy that you plan on rectifying once you aren't?
Dunkin' Donuts cream filled munchkins! DH brought me some while I was still in the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1ggy23 View Post
I have been reading everything and thinking about all of you waiting on labor. I just feel kinda funny posting since I have already been holding my little one for so long
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post
Everyone is having their babies!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats everyone!!

I have been MIA due to this stomach virus running through our home. It seems never ending. So far everyone is "well" but I still tons of laundry to clean up, rooms to sanitize etc. and I'm constantly worried about keeping the house clean because I don't want anyone else to catch it. It has not been fun and I'm thankful baby hasn't been born yet at this point. It seems to take a few days for the next person to catch it, so maybe I do want baby to be late this time. Maybe not. If he's born I can stay in my room away from the mess and hubby can deal with it.

Anyway, QOTW: I can't really think of anything at all!!
Yuck! I hope everyone is well now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megm View Post
I'm really hoping this full moon thing will get things started for me! Only 10 days until my EDD.. ah!

My husband's job has changed and he's now working almost 2 hours away. The company pays for him to stay in a hotel but it's hard to have him gone right now and I'm really worried about when the baby is born. He's taking a week off after she is born, but I know that it will fly by. We have lots of family to help out, but I really just want my hubby. KWIM?

QOTW: I have GD, so I have a huge list of things I'm looking forward to eating and drinking! Candy corn, an ICEE, a shirley temple, cake, a full order of french toast or pancakes, real lemonade. I really haven't felt deprived since my diagnosis, but it will be nice to be able to be a little less cautious about what I eat!
Sorry he's so far away. Depending on how you manage your GD, (I got 60 carbs for lunch) you may be able to do some of those things. I did a double cheeseburger and coke icee from BK a time or two... Also, my Dr. said she had a Pepsi and Snickers bar packed in her hospital bag when she had her son! She had GD as well.

Quote:
Can you pump after you nurse or start nursing? I got more after I attempted to nurse Ivy than when I just pumped. Even when she took like three sucks and fell asleep it seemed to help.

Quote:
AND....just wanted to let all you ladies know how awesome YOUR husbands are...mine went back to work today UGH!!! I could just shoot him. He was home all weekend and driving us CRAZY - he yells at the kids like they are his employees. Makes them clean up when they are playing nicely, makes them go to bed WAY before their bedtimes and then gets mad when they won't stay in bed, got PISSED at ME for letting oldest (12) take middle (4) outside to go look for worms...cause they didn't stay in the front yard - we live in a "one entrance" townhome community - WHERE would they go?!?! - oldest is responsible and can handle one 4 yr old - they were at the mailboxes - but it was MY fault I didn't ask where they were going (um - I did - they said "outside to look for worms")..while I was feeding baby and HE was watching TV...my fault - yeah right!! So - he thinks oldest can't go outside with her brother - BUT he wants her to do dishes and laundry and vacuuming and etc...sorry but she has more trouble with the washing machine (which she can barely reach the bottom) than walking with a 4 yr old. So today he gets up and gets on his work clothes...I ask...where y going?...work for a little bit (1 hr away) ...um ok...and then as he was leaving to take the "irresponsible kids" to school - I ask him if he knows how to get into the preschool (they have a code lock on the door)...he snaps back..."YES! of course!!...how hard could that be!!"...he comes home all cranky because he did NOT know his code and Parker took him to the wrong building (again MY fault)...I told him I had tried to discuss that with him as they were leaving...and he snapped back at me...had claims he thought I was "poking fun of him"..UGH!!! I swear this guy thinks HE just gave birth to a baby and came home in 26 hrs!!

So - go hug your lovely DH's and remember - you could have MINE!!
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #26
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Malachi Daniel is here. He made his appearance at 11:44am on Friday Oct 7th. 8lbs 13oz. Thank God he wasn't as big as the dr thought! 20in long. I am in love!! He is an amazing nurser. I am having probs with overproduction but praying that works itself out in the next few days. I'll try to post birth story and pics soon.

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #27
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Forgot to add I went into labor on my own! I had my membranes stripped at the Wed dr app and started timing my contractions at 3:30pm on Thurs. I was so excited that I didn't have to be induced!

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #28
MyCrazy8
Registered Users
Formerly: momto6
seller

My Mood:

Michele - congratulations!!! Yay for no induction!!! I've struggled with overproduction in the past, and I'm sure the same thing will happen this time too. Good thing I know how to deal with it. What was recommended to me was block nursing; use one breast for 4 hours, no matter how often s/he nurses, then switch to the other for 4 hours, & rotate. It evened things out fairly soon (within a few days).

AOTW - nothing. I don't drink coffee or alcohol when not pregnant, & I'd never eat sushi since I don't like seafood. I've eaten 3 fried runny yolked eggs every morning, I drink raw milk straight from the cow (cold of course), so I haven't limited any of the taboo foods that I'd eat normally anyway.

I'm still here, I have an appt on Wednesday, we'll see how it goes. I'm not going to be induced unless necessary, and as of now, it's not.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #29
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

I changed my mind about wanting to go into labor.... my hubby is on storm work (again) about 3.5 hours away. I am back to really hoping this little girl stays put for a little longer so we don't have to stress about getting him home. I don't think it'd be so bad if we weren't clueless first-timers. I know that God is probably using this to build our character... but I can't figure out what trait he's going for. Faithfulness? Trust? I am trying to have faith and trust that He'll work it all out.

Anyone have rhythmic movements for an extended period of time? I can't figure out what she's doing in there!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #30
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QOTW ~ Nothing. If anything, my diet becomes more strict after the birth. Spicy foods, chocolate, onions, broccoli... Things to avoid giving baby gas are avoided.. Although, I've thrown all that to the wind this time and she's had some gas but been okay with it.

It's been a rough day. I can say that the placenta encapsulation isn't a fix it all Happy pill but it does help. I feel like I've been hit by a Mac Truck. My "Roids" started to bother me and I did something I've never done before. I googled real pics of them and looked at my own. (Why ohh why did I do that!!) Ignorance is bliss!! I'm not sure why but that sent me spiraling downhill today.

We have a new dishwasher being delivered and installed tomorrow or the next day. *YAY* and had a chiro appointment today to help put me back together and had Eva adjusted. Her hips, mid back and neck were out.

DH is leaving to Afton WY on Wednesday and will be back Saturday late at night. Then he's heading back to TX on Monday. Have to pay the bills. He's been wonderful at taking care of me and helping the kids keep the house clean. Making sure I'm fed (Think I'm gaining weight with him feeding me so much!) and get the alone time I need for hygiene and such.

Evangeline is such a good baby. Night is for sleeping! I wake her up to try to feed her and all she wants to do is sleep! Morning comes and she's all about eating and snuggling. I'm so use to waking up every couple of hours to feed or change my babies at night that I feel at a loss with her. She even saves the wet diapers till after her morning nursing session. One thing we can't figure out is why she likes to swallow so much air all the time. She will sit there and just suck it in till her poor tummy can't hold anymore and let out a huge belch and start all over.

Best get off to bed now. Hope to hear of more arrivals this week!