Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #71
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/10-10/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambersrose View Post
Took Dulainn to the pediatrician this morning after the midwife expressed concern with his breathing. It didn't go as well as I hoped. Dulainn's respiration is abnormally high (over 80 breaths per minute) and even though he appears to be healthy otherwise they are very concerned with his increased respiration and they did tests to try to find out the reason for it. It was hard to see my baby boy held down so they could find a vein and do a blood draw and then his little body on that big x-ray table. We are still waiting on results but he has been put on antibiotics in the meantime.
Health problems are even scarier when they're still itty-bitties. Hope it turns out OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialdelivery View Post
Well, all that thinking about membrane stripping apparently gave little guy a jump start. My water broke about 2 hours ago (5:45 cst) and I am now having light contractions. Here we go!
Can't wait to hear the news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octmom2009 View Post
Well I'm feeling like the girl who cried wolf after 3 weeks of prodromal labor but seriously if I'm not in labor for REAL this time then I quit. I am having intense contraction every 4 mins right now. Haven't called my midwives yet cause well call me crazy I still feel like I need to be more positive. Sure hope I don't end up with a car baby, LOL!
Good luck! After the last couple of weeks, I'm sure you're ready to just be DONE!

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #72
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1ggy23 View Post
AFM: I have been reading everyday, I promise. Just not a lot to say. E will only sleep on mommy, and all out cries if I try to have her sleep anywhere else. She usually has at least one screaming fit in the car. She loves being worn, though, so I spend a lot of time with her in a wrap, beco, or ring sling. DS is mostly adjusting to the new baby, but he hasn't made the connection that she is his sister. If you ask him about his sister, he assumes you mean DD1. At the store today, I had 3 separate people make the "you have your hands full" remark. I also had one ask if they were all mine... I guess it is just the beginning of that She is 4 weeks today!
Wow, I can't believe she is 4 weeks!!
I imagine that is how DS3 with be with the baby. He has NO clue what we're talking about when we talk about my tummy/baby/brother. He's very much "spoiled" as the baby and it will probably come as quite a shock when he sees that this new person will be staying for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octmom2009 View Post
Well I'm feeling like the girl who cried wolf after 3 weeks of prodromal labor but seriously if I'm not in labor for REAL this time then I quit. I am having intense contraction every 4 mins right now. Haven't called my midwives yet cause well call me crazy I still feel like I need to be more positive. Sure hope I don't end up with a car baby, LOL!
Oh I hope it's it! I know it is so hard to "not know". Keep us posted.

AFM: So far having a great day. I can't tell you how happy I am that the kids are all well. Whew! Don't want to repeat that...like ever. It's gorgeous outside, hubby is home today, and well...it's just great.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #73
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just locked myself out of the house in the rain.

My sister is on the way with the spare key... Luckily we live where we don't lock the cars in our driveway so Ivy and I are sitting in the car. Blarg.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #74
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post

My sister is on the way with the spare key... Luckily we live where we don't lock the cars in our driveway so Ivy and I are sitting in the car. Blarg.
Oh no Holly! It's good that you are able to be in the car though. You know what they say about lemons...maybe you should get out and go play in it like a small child again!

Sorry...I'm a little loopy today. I only got about 4 hours of sleep collectively last night, just could not fall asleep and stay asleep! Been having a few contractions each night when I go to bed and they've been keeping me from going to sleep. Went to the Dr yesterday...60% effaced, 1-2 cm dilated, soft, -2 station...Dr was happy and approved me going out of state tomorrow for a family wedding Just made me promise to drink lots of water, get out of the car and walk around often and to come back quickly at the first sign of anything changing. DH is in the wedding so he already left today and won't be back till Sunday...it's going to be sad with him gone but my sister is going to come stay with me for a couple days and accompany me and my mom to the wedding tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be a long day and I pray that I can sleep tonight!

Now I'm off for a nap *hopefully!*

Hope the mamas who are/may be in labor have a successful day!!
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #75
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the answers Mama's. Now I'm starting to get hesitant about taking Malachi out. He's only 1 week old today.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll feel comfortable taking him out for Thanksgiving. My husband's family has a big get together at a relatives house about 2hrs away. There will be a lot of people touching him. What do you all think? Would Christmas at least be safe? We do Christmas with his family too. Same trip and lots of people. I appreciate feedback. This is totally new to me. My DS#1 I had him in June so I didn't have to worry so much about cold/flu bug going around.

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #76
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post

aww, glad your car was unlocked! and you had your phone I hope

Logans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #77
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm taking Ivy out for Thanksgiving, definitely. Although, we typically go to Ohio with a ton of DH's family, I think we're skipping that this year. I'm thinking we will take her out in another week or so, when she's a month old. To church, and perhaps a family get together, depending.

Oh, and yeah, I had my key. Haha, I spent 20 minutes in the back of the car with Ivy and then my sister showed up with the key and I could continue on with my plans.

Last edited by hbee; 10-14-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #78
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

I can't believe that most of us have our babies
It seems like yesterday that we all 'joined' this October forum announcing our expecting! I have skipped the baby blues this time around, thank goodness, but I can't help but be a little reminiscent of this journey!
Time to start the next phase of our journey mamas! I hope we will all be staying in touch on here for a long time to come...
Old 10-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #79
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

River started going out at 3 days old....
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #80
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
River started going out at 3 days old....
I think it's funny to suggest that we shouldn't take the babies out... but then they send us to the doctor's office a million times in their first month. Seriously, I've been to the doctor's office four? times in the past three weeks. Can it be any worse to go to church or out visiting?

I have gone to the store a couple of times... just nowhere where there were a ton of people who would come up and touch her. Maybe I'm paranoid! Part of why we haven't been to church yet is because I haven't been awake in time to get ready to go...

Last edited by hbee; 10-15-2011 at 08:59 AM.