Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #81
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: October "Pumpkin Patch" Chat! 10/10-10/16

Holly - LOL. This is what I'm afraid is going to happen tomorrow to me. For instance today I just woke up and it's 10am. Of course Malachi decided he wanted to party from 2-5am. Woohoo for Mama. Plus I got sick from my dinner. It was so great...hoping today is better.

I agree! The Dr office is one of the dirtiest places. Um, yeah, we take our kids there when they are sick. So yes it's very silly to say don't take them out in public until 2 months or whatever.

Advertisement

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #82
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoMama2b View Post
I can't believe that most of us have our babies
It seems like yesterday that we all 'joined' this October forum announcing our expecting! I have skipped the baby blues this time around, thank goodness, but I can't help but be a little reminiscent of this journey!
Time to start the next phase of our journey mamas! I hope we will all be staying in touch on here for a long time to come...

I know what you mean. I feel like I just found out I was pregnant and now my Malachi is 1 week old.

I hope we're all able to stay in touch too. I need this support system bad!

BTW - I love your avi pic. So cute!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #83
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoMama2b View Post
I can't believe that most of us have our babies
It seems like yesterday that we all 'joined' this October forum announcing our expecting! I have skipped the baby blues this time around, thank goodness, but I can't help but be a little reminiscent of this journey!
Time to start the next phase of our journey mamas! I hope we will all be staying in touch on here for a long time to come...
Hey, some of us are still waddling and praying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
I think it's funny to suggest that we shouldn't take the babies out... but then they send us to the doctor's office a million times in their first month. Seriously, I've been to the doctor's office four? times in the past three weeks. Can it be any worse to go to church or out visiting?

I have gone to the store a couple of times... just nowhere where there were a ton of people who would come up and touch her. Maybe I'm paranoid! Part of why we haven't been to church yet is because I haven't been awake in time to get ready to go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahbriansmom View Post
Holly - LOL. This is what I'm afraid is going to happen tomorrow to me. For instance today I just woke up and it's 10am. Of course Malachi decided he wanted to party from 2-5am. Woohoo for Mama. Plus I got sick from my dinner. It was so great...hoping today is better.

I agree! The Dr office is one of the dirtiest places. Um, yeah, we take our kids there when they are sick. So yes it's very silly to say don't take them out in public until 2 months or whatever.

With DS1, we got home from the hospital on a Saturday and I gave birth on a Thursday. I needed something and didn't trust anyone to get the right thing so I had them drive DS1 and me to the store. I had him in a travel system so I just kept the canopy of the car seat and stroller closed together to discourage random touching.

Know what gets me? In the first pedi office before we moved, you had to walk through the sick area to get to the well area. In the one here, you have to walk through the well area to get to the sick area. I think there should be two different entrances and exits with a room in between for the front desk. Each side should have their own access window to the front desk.

Oh and I saw someone let their snotty, coughing, very flushed child play in the well area. She was coughing and sneezing all over the toys and wiping her snotty hands on everything! They were called back soon after we got there and I told the staff and someone had to come in with disinfectant. Really??? I wonder how long that was going on before we got in????????
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #84
Becky1551
Registered Users

This was yet another reason we went with midwives...they come to our house for PP appointments until the 6 and 8 week ones, and then we can choose if we want to go to their office (no sick people, just preggos).
Old 10-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #85
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I think it's funny to suggest that we shouldn't take the babies out... but then they send us to the doctor's office a million times in their first month. Seriously, I've been to the doctor's office four? times in the past three weeks. Can it be any worse to go to church or out visiting?

I have gone to the store a couple of times... just nowhere where there were a ton of people who would come up and touch her. Maybe I'm paranoid! Part of why we haven't been to church yet is because I haven't been awake in time to get ready to go...
Well, we don't see dr's anyway. Gosh, I think DS3 has only seen a dr. once and that was when we had his circ done on the 8th day (religious). He's almost 3 now. My other kids haven't seen a dr. in over 3 years and that was for a checkup just to have it on file. I want to do the same thing again soon, but not during sick season for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky1551 View Post
This was yet another reason we went with midwives...they come to our house for PP appointments until the 6 and 8 week ones, and then we can choose if we want to go to their office (no sick people, just preggos).
Yes, the midwives do baby care here until after 6 weeks. Love that!

ETA: I take that back. DS3 went to the ER once for a cough. They didn't do any testing (just an xray) and sent us home with steriods we didn't use. Very helpful. *roll eyes*

Last edited by kimmiepie; 10-15-2011 at 10:26 AM.
kimmiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #86
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nancy - DS #1 used to see a pedi that had an office with 2 separate waiting rooms. Neither was connected. It was great. You even had to leave/exit thru the sick or well room. He no longer sees that pedi though because she was horrible at communication and waiting room time was ridiculous. But yeah, I wish all pedi offices were like that. The one that I take the boys too now is one big waiting room.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #87
litllegreekmama
Registered Users
seller

You mamas who have their babies already ( I'm so jealous!!), what are you doing about Vaxs? I don't want to open a can of worms..but the point about how yucky Drs offices are around this time of year especially, and given that we don't have a ped that does sick/well I'm wondering how I should approach it. I'm definitely not in either pro-vaxing or non-vaxing camp. Some i think are good, some i think are totally unnecessary, and definitely don't agree with the schedule they have of pumping them full of crap the second the kid squirts out!!

Does anyone skip visits with the newbies, or vaxs and how do ya work it? My DS is doing to be due soon for his 2.5 yr but i think we'll pass on that one He is growing/eating just fine, and I don't think he needs to be poked again for a LOOONG time so what's the point?!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #88
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Yeah, our pedi has you come in for a weight check 2days after hospital discharge. And sorry, but I can't put my life on hold with 4 other kids to think about. I have her in the bucket seat with a blanket draped over the handle and I keep the mei tai in the diaper bag if she gets fussy. I even NIP at Home Depot today (5 days old) while we were getting some things we needed for the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litllegreekmama View Post
You mamas who have their babies already ( I'm so jealous!!), what are you doing about Vaxs? I don't want to open a can of worms..but the point about how yucky Drs offices are around this time of year especially, and given that we don't have a ped that does sick/well I'm wondering how I should approach it. I'm definitely not in either pro-vaxing or non-vaxing camp. Some i think are good, some i think are totally unnecessary, and definitely don't agree with the schedule they have of pumping them full of crap the second the kid squirts out!!

Does anyone skip visits with the newbies, or vaxs and how do ya work it? My DS is doing to be due soon for his 2.5 yr but i think we'll pass on that one He is growing/eating just fine, and I don't think he needs to be poked again for a LOOONG time so what's the point?!
We do all the well baby checks. I like confirmation that they are growing/developing just fine, and I figure it is their expertise to know if something is a little off - particularly developmentally, when there is such a big range of normal that it is not so easy to compare one child to the next. DD2 has had some developmental concerns and DS1 has asthma, so they've been seen a lot more often than the other two.

For vax we do the majority of them, but since DS2 had a reaction to the two month ones we do them one shot per month. We just do them in the order of what the pedi thinks we are actually at the highest risk of catching gets first priority.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #89
tsavoie11
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
River started going out at 3 days old....
Dominic was back and forth to the lab every day for the whole week after we were discharged! Then the ped twice. We've gone to the grocery store, Target and the craft store too. I don't worry too much since I have him pretty much covered completely and I don't let anyone touch or get near him!

On a separate subject, I'm hoping someone could possibly help me...We have thrush. It's bad. I'm taking a probiotic and eating yogurt. Dominic is on nystatin and I just finished up a week of Diflucan with no relief! It hurts so bad to latch him on and I'm at a loss. I've tried gentian violet, cononut oil, nystatin cream and lanolin. I hate this and I don't know which direction to go now. I had it with all the girls but the meds usually got rid of it. Is there anything else I can do before heading to the dr again?

Mommy to 4 princesses and my new little man
tsavoie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #90
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

Johnny was also out and about to the store a couple days after being home...out of necessity really...if I didn't have to take him out for a month, I likely wouldn't (just due to the time of year being flu and cold season around here...everyone is sick and I don't want my 3 week early baby sick!).

as for vax, we will go to all the checkups...but likely do a delayed vax schedule for certain ones.

as for thrush...if you want natural remedies, try coconut oil. Worked amazingly for us with ds3 when we had it.