Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Does a stroller like this exist?

I have a 3 year old son who is the size of a 4 year old (40 lbs, 40 inches tall). We are hoping to move to a big city soon and this would involve us doing more walking then driving for our everyday life. My son is a great walker. He can walk miles and I am not exaggerating there. However at times he does get tired. He still takes a nap and sometimes when we are out and about he just needs to sleep, and he will sleep anyway he can. I actually have video of him in Boston in May when he fell asleep on the T when I kept him out a bit too long.

Is there a stroller that is VERY compact, I am talking about even smaller then an umbrella stroller that is the size of something you can throw in a bag. But would work for someone like me? I would be fine if it was 2 wheels (like hand truck design). I just need something for the "Oops! He is tired now! I can't carry him all the way home!" moments.

So does this exist? I don't need anything really special I just need it to be VERY compact because I will not be using it everyday, but I might have it with me everyday KWIM?

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does a stroller like this exist?

Invent it, and I'll buy one
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smaller than an umbrella stroller but holds a 4 year old? I dont think so. that'd be cool though!
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I don't know if it is small enough for you...but I'd suggest a Maclaren. They fold up tiny, yet are comfy enough for bigger kids. They can hold up to 50lbs and fold up like an umbrella stroller, are super light weight and can be carried with a carrying strap on your shoulder.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
krismark0
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer
I don't know if it is small enough for you...but I'd suggest a Maclaren. They fold up tiny, yet are comfy enough for bigger kids. They can hold up to 50lbs and fold up like an umbrella stroller, are super light weight and can be carried with a carrying strap on your shoulder.
MacLarens are the smallest stroller I know that will hold a child that size, but they are still big/heavy. I can't see carting it around all day just in case.
krismark0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
krismark0
Registered Users
seller

If you Google "backpack stroller" or "walking frame stroller" you should find a few interesting options. I don't know how easy it would be to find one though.

This one looks pretty neat to me...
http://strollersandprams.com/strollers/148/Quicksmart-Backpack-Stroller/review-1.html
krismark0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismark0 View Post
If you Google "backpack stroller" or "walking frame stroller" you should find a few interesting options. I don't know how easy it would be to find one though.

This one looks pretty neat to me...
http://strollersandprams.com/strollers/148/Quicksmart-Backpack-Stroller/review-1.html
Thanks! I found a few there that might work but I can't find any for sale.

I am thinking of taking this bag http://www.zuca.com/zuca_sport/index.php and sewing something so I could have a back and sides to it (when the handle is up) so he could be safe while sleeping. I am a decent sewer and I have designed my own stuff (did a double sided reversible flannel board once). My thinking is if we were out and about to the point that he would fall asleep, we would likely need other things too (potlette, water, snacks) so that would work well. Not to mention we could use it after he stops his naps and we could have him sit there on crowded subways and such.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #8
clicknicky
Registered Users

I would just google it. I'm not sure if that exists. Or try amazon.com generally I've found of my baby stuff through that website!
clicknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
filiadeluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Combi strollers hold up to 50lbs. Very comfy, yet compact.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
pcjs
Registered Users

The Quinny Zapp - older style does fold up very small but I doubt it will fit a bigger kid. We just got rid of ours and switched to the Uppa Baby light weight one and its really light and nice/good for toddlers.