Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I may have screwed up...UPDATE 10/20

Okay anyone want to take a guess at what is going on? I still have no sign of AF. I was having one every 10 days-2 weeks for all of August and September and now nothing since about 9/20. I did take the full 10 days of penicillian and I had the rocephin shot. I also had a steroid shot b/c I was so sick. I have been off the abx for about 7 days now. I was taking my pill every night but b/c I was having such wierd symptoms I told DH that I wanted to stop taking it for a while to figure out what was going on with me. (Really I was uber paranoid that I was pg and that the pill would hurt the baby) I haven't taken the pill at all this week. Still no AF. Took a DT test this am and it was BFN with FMU. I'm kinda starting to freak out...any thoughts?

I have been really sick for the past week with strep. So sick, that I'm on penicillin and I had to get a shot of rocephin. Well, my penicillin script did not say anything on it about needing to use back up bc b/c it reduces effecitiveness, and the doc that gave me the rocephin shot new I was taking the mini pill.

DH asked me if we needed to use condoms and I looked it up quickly, but b/c my packaging didn't say anything and I was ready to *ahem* I didn't spend too much time researching. Well, today I had a bit more free time, and I was able to look more closely and it seems that penicillin is one you need to use back up bc. Dh and I have been rather frisky now that I have been feeling better....

Now I'm not opposed to an oops baby, but DH would have LOTS to say about it. What do you think the chances are? I'm EXTREMELY fertile when not on BC (took 2 months to concieve DD and 15 days for DS).

OK TIA

Advertisement

Last edited by Lanasmom; 10-20-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Lanasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
smom050811
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I may have screwed up...

Ummm, same thing happened to my dear friend, except with an ear infection and amoxicillin. Needless to say, she now has a 4 month old. Soooo, just test in a couple weeks.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. - Plato
smom050811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you think you had sex at the right time? The good news is that it's likely you can only get pregnant for a few hour window each cycle.

And UGH, doctors! I was on BCPs for 7 years and took antibiotics several times during that time period. I think I had ONE doctor tell me in one instance about needing a backup form of BC. Thankfully a year or two into taking it I switched brands and read the insert really well and found out that info for myself. WHY do they even ask you what medications you're on if they aren't even going to warn you about the basics?! My doctor is usually way too busy trying to hand me a script and run out the door.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefibeth View Post
Do you think you had sex at the right time? The good news is that it's likely you can only get pregnant for a few hour window each cycle.

And UGH, doctors! I was on BCPs for 7 years and took antibiotics several times during that time period. I think I had ONE doctor tell me in one instance about needing a backup form of BC. Thankfully a year or two into taking it I switched brands and read the insert really well and found out that info for myself. WHY do they even ask you what medications you're on if they aren't even going to warn you about the basics?! My doctor is usually way too busy trying to hand me a script and run out the door.
I have no clue! I think I may be a bit more fertile than the "one hour" time frame, as I really haven't had any trouble conceiving. I would welcome a new one, but be scared to death...DH...not so much! LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Actually, if you DTD, the sperm can live inside your vagina for several days- and an egg lives for about 24 hours after it is released- making your fertile time much longer than a few hours :-)

I think at this point, all you can do is test in a couple weeks- do you know when you may have O'd?

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered Mama View Post
Actually, if you DTD, the sperm can live inside your vagina for several days- and an egg lives for about 24 hours after it is released- making your fertile time much longer than a few hours :-)

I think at this point, all you can do is test in a couple weeks- do you know when you may have O'd?

Not a clue when or if I have o'd anytime recently or to come. LOL. I just started the mini pill 7/31. I have been having a "period" about every 10 days lasting 3-4 days. However, the last time I had one of these "periods" was 9/22. Nothing since then. I started the abx last Monday. I have no idea. I guess it will just be a wait and see game!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

While it's true that there is a "few hour window" of the egg being fertilized, sperm can live in your body for up to 5 days. So if you have sex 4 days before ovulating, it's quite possible that the one super sperm might still be around to fertilize that egg.... so while you're TECHNICALLY correct... .it doesn't take into account the lifespan of sperm.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanasmom View Post
[/B]

Not a clue when or if I have o'd anytime recently or to come. LOL. I just started the mini pill 7/31. I have been having a "period" about every 10 days lasting 3-4 days. However, the last time I had one of these "periods" was 9/22. Nothing since then. I started the abx last Monday. I have no idea. I guess it will just be a wait and see game!
Do you know how to check your cervix? A quick check will tell you if you're in the clear, or if a pregnancy is in your near future.

If you're uncomfortable having that discussion in an open forum, feel free to PM me. If you want to talk about it here, that's ok too.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, it's more like a 6-day window (the 5 days leading up to ovulation + the day of ovulation). What cycle day were you? I have a friend whose "oops" baby was due to her bcp being rendered ineffective by antibiotics.

Best of luck!
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
MandeeTheGreat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah its definitely possible that you could be pregnant. I would wait a bit and then do a HPT. I know so many people with babies because of taking antibiotics while using bc.
12/16/10 & Cesilee 12/29/11
Born Preemie @ 35 weeks, Check the Blog and shop ZULILY

MandeeTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote