Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You know you've gotten over the NIP hump when...

So today we're on a plane heading on vacation. DD1 is in the window seat throwing a hissy fit about having to sit and be restrained. DH is in the middle seat trying to calm her down while getting us settled for takeoff. I'm in the aisle seat trying to calm an overtired DD2 down and get some food in her tummy with the hopes that it'll make her conk out, and trying to pacify DD1 (who is, inexplicably, screaming at ME). And all this while wedged into the airline seat (forgot that I could have put the armrest up and was focused on trying not to clunk DD2's head on it) and trying to keep us both from getting battered by people walking down the aisle while the plane was loading.

I'm holding my boob in one hand, DD2 with the other, trying to get her to latch in the middle of her freakout, while half paying attention to DD1's drama. She arches her back and tries to roll, and I grab her and bring my entire uncovered breast towards her in a last-ditch effort to get her interested... and then realize that I'd flashed pretty much everyone crowding the aisle.

And ya know something? I really didn't even give it much more than that passing thought. I was pretty proud of myself, and amazed at how far I've come for someone who had severe body issues (my NIP issue has never been about modesty, but about not liking my body) when I started my nursing journey three years ago.

OTOH, I'm sure that someone could someday use that moment for an example of those crazy BFing moms who just let their boobs hang out in public.

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
AndeeL
Registered Users

I'd rather ppl see my boob than my.belly, lol.

Good for you!
AndeeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

no shame! No need for it.

Welcome baby Edeltraud! 27-7-2011 Von meinem iPhone gesendet.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndeeL
I'd rather ppl see my boob than my.belly, lol.

Good for you!
Ha! I have to say ditto to this! I'll be nursing on a plane again in a few weeks. We've already done one plane trip. I don't care either. My baby's gotta eat. Would you rather see my boob for a second or hear a screaming baby the whole flight?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:44 AM   #5
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've not been on an airplane, but I'm so with you! Addalyn hates being covered so I've just stopped bothering with it. I nursed her last weekend my nephew's birthday party and didn't realize until afterwards why my twin 12 year old nieces were looking at me so funny.

And I'm on my phone and can't quote, but I totally agree that I would much rather people see my boob than my belly!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum- please excuse any weird posts. My phone thinks it's smarter than me.
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: You know you've gotten over the NIP hump when...

Yep, mine are all about the belly (cavernous deep scarring stretch marks after DD1 that killed my idea that SMs were little red lines) and the boobs (36H covered in equally ugly cavernous stretch marks). I've never been one to display my body before DD1 was born (I didn't even wear v-neck t-shirts) because I've always had such body hate, but thanks to nursing, I've pretty much gotten over that.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: You know you've gotten over the NIP hump when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolineb View Post
Ha! I have to say ditto to this! I'll be nursing on a plane again in a few weeks. We've already done one plane trip. I don't care either. My baby's gotta eat. Would you rather see my boob for a second or hear a screaming baby the whole flight?
Word!