Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/11

Morning girls

Hubby was home about 9:30 last night as they let him off driving school early since alot of the media equipment wasn't cooperating. He was happy about that LOL!

With DD going to bed around 6 and him gone I was able to finish my first baby related knitting project....but you'll have to ask Mrs. Brady for more on that when she gets it later this week

Well need to go get hubby up for work now.....

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/11

Morning

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning Thia!

Well I'm up again. I know I shouldn't complain since dd went to bed at 6 but getting up at 6AM is still pretty tiring for me!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:14 AM   #4
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

good morning. Mine have been up since 5:30 today. I think my son is getting sick but I'm hoping it is just a 24 hour thing.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #5
Chickpea's Mama
Registered Users
seller

Morning.

I had tons of what felt like either hard core stretching or BHs yesterday. It got me to thinking about what we will do if I go into early labor since the birth center won't take us before 37 weeks. Now, I'm about 36 weeks now, so I'm really pretty close to term, but still... I REALLY don't want to go to a hospital if baby shows up in the next couple of days
Chickpea's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickpea's Mama View Post
Morning.

I had tons of what felt like either hard core stretching or BHs yesterday. It got me to thinking about what we will do if I go into early labor since the birth center won't take us before 37 weeks. Now, I'm about 36 weeks now, so I'm really pretty close to term, but still... I REALLY don't want to go to a hospital if baby shows up in the next couple of days
I've heard that magnesium can stop contractions.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Kayti - Hopefully you could ask for them to stop the contractions. Try to rest and hopefully baby will stay in there a little while longer.

Nichole - I can relate to being tired.

Thia - Good morning!

Sally -Hope he feels better soon!

AFM: Will be 34 weeks tomorrow! For someone who was told I'd be lucky to keep him in here and growing until 28 to 30 weeks I feel like I've accomplished something! I am super excited! We are buying our new kitchen cabinets tonight as well which is totally awesome! I'm so excited to have a real functioning kitchen!
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Jaime- Yay for no more bedrest! I like the look of knit things, too, but I don't necessarily use them as diaper covers. I always put them over diapers that have other waterproofing (PUL). I tried to do it the "proper" way but my kids would pee right through the wool! Crazy. I do like wool yarn as it is softer than acrylic, but I've made tons of stuff with acrylic too.

Kayti- Just drink a little shot glass of wine when you start getting contractions. I've been having them on and off all weekend and that is what I have been doing. I, too, don't really have a backup plan (i.e. if I go into labor before October 21st I will have to go to the hospital and just take whatever OB is on call), so I am trying to keep baby in there! As someone else mentioned, magnesium will help too. I was told there is a liquid calcium/magnesium supplement you can buy that will help with heartburn and quell contractions!

Morgan- Yay for 34 weeks! I'm so glad you made it to this point! Even if he came now he would do perfectly fine, but I have a feeling you'll keep him in even longer.

AFM- I started setting my alarm to be up before the kids so I got up at 6:15am today. This way I can get showered and get their school stuff together and get breakfast ready without rushing. DD2 has been late to school for the past few weeks because I wasn't waking up until 7-7:30am and rushing to go. It was also pretty hectic. So far, I've got lunches made, breakfast made, backpacks packed.... And, only the boys are up now so all I gotta do is take a quick shower and then get the girls up and dressed and we will be good to go in plenty of time for DD2 to not be late, lol!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kayti - hope those contractions calm down for another week!

Morgan - yey!!! 34 weeks is totally awesome! Hope he stays in for at least another 3

Heather - That sounds great! However, getting up that early must suck! That's something I'm dreading when DD starts going to school. I am not an early riser, ugh

AFM - Just hanging out. I need to do dishes, then we have to head to the store for a few essentials. Its been dreary and rainy here since yesterday. I also need to look up something for the dog's ears. I kind of think she has ear mites, but it isn't presenting like it usually does, and I can't seem to get it cleaned out. I'm giving it another week or two of me trying, then I'm going to have to drag her into the vet.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning ladies~

hopefully babies keep baking!

my grandma's sister is very sick and they took the first flight out to okinawa this morning

I felt bad because I got mad when my grandma called my dad to tell him to take care of me while she is gone. I hate it that she feels like I'm her problem because I am not. I don't know why but it just hit me then that I've become what I resented my whole life. I was angry because I was resentful for what they made me go through when I was younger when in truth I've always wondered why THEY couldn't let go - and why care now? I've been holding on to my past as much as they have which had caused me grief and pain. who cares if my grandma called my dad to take care of me right? that's what families do. I felt kind of a release and I decided that I'll work on these feeling for jake and myka's sake. my dad and my grandparents have always been close and that's how my dad had stayed in my life so my mom couldn't influence me (although my mom and dad still try). I can't believe it took 30 years and a phone call to kind of see that.

Last edited by naura; 10-11-2011 at 08:36 AM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote