Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/11

Morning, ladies! Now that I'm back home, I can jump in again (my dad has a slow computer, so posting is quite the chore). I got back last night after the boys were in bed, and it was the sweetest thing in the world when I went in this morning, and they were both like "Mama! I missed you!" with lots of smiles and big hugs. I missed them so much.

I can't believe we're all in the final stretch! I'll be 34 weeks on Friday. As for the calcium/mag liquid supplement, maybe I should switch to liquid if it's supposed to help with the heartburn. I take a pill form, and my heartburn is getting kind of bad. I limit myself to 4 or 5 Tums/day, and usually I don't need that many, but any other effective remedies would be welcome.

Jaime - Yay for no bedrest!

Morgan - Awesome that you went so much farther in this pregnancy than you thought you would!

Naura - I think it takes most people well into adulthood to fully get over issues from their childhood.I just got back from a week at my dad's house, and certain things were still hard for me. And I'll be 32 in 9 days (woot).

Heather - Yay for being productive!

I hope this rain lets up.........DH said the battery on the Subaru died, so he took the minivan (in my mind it's MY minivan), so we're carless today. I don't mind so much though........it's just nice to spend the day with my boys again.

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #12
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jessica- here is the newborn wool thread http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824790&highlight=newborn+wool just be careful, it's a dangerous thread! I want SO much now!

Jenn- our car (which is really mine, but DH drives it to the train station every day because it is a piece of junk-it's a '98 chevy malibu with 125,000 miles on it!) wouldn't start this morning and we couldn't even jump it, it wouldn't do anything. So he took the good car. It's fine though, technically I am still supposed to be on bed rest, so I shouldn't be going anywhere anyways! Hopefully you can get it figured out soon to get your van back though! It stinks when you know you are just stuck at home! Also, so glad to hear you made it back home safe! I bet it feels great to see your boys again!

Heather- I haven't made longies out of acrylic but I am totally thinking about it especially since we don't use it as a cover AND it would be so much easier to wash! Does it pill more or less than wool? What about when they are crawling? I didn't make DD longies until she was over a year and walking AND it was almost summer so she only wore them 3 times I think! Yay for not rushing and stressing this morning! Sometimes it's totally worth it to lose a little sleep to not go crazy in the mornings. I tried waking up before dd to shower and all, but then she started waking up at 545 and there was NO way I was going to get up before then!

Morgan- yay for 34 weeks!! How exciting! I remember thinking you would totally be the first November baby, but I am hoping you get another 3 weeks!!

afm...I am feeling great this morning! DD and I both slept through the night! (she isn't a great sleeper, I am sure you guys remember me complaining about that!) But I didn't even wake up to pee! It was an awesome night! Today we are going to sit around and do nothing DD is currently climbing up onto the arm of the couch and then jumping onto the cushions....maybe I should go stop her
Old 10-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
3Munchkins1togrow
Registered Users
seller

Hello Everyone!

I haven't been on in a few days again so I missed a bunch. We were so busy this weekend with Soccer (DH coaches DS1's team so we have lot's of extra duties), we went to visit some friends and had others come to us for a visit. Just one of those hectic weekends.

Kayti & Heather - My advice is to do your best not to think about it. Just keep it in your mind you will make it until you need to, and if not you can worry about it then. I really believe I caused myself to go to L&D with all of those ctx and dilating. I was so stressed about my Dr situation, having to deliver in the hospital, and my hx of PTL. Since I have stopped thinking about all of that, my ctx are extremely minimal, my cervix has actually closed some, and the baby has moved her head she was extremely low and not anymore. The baby is going to come when she wants to and me thinking about where, when, and how every second of the day is not going to do me any good. I knew stress could play a role, but I never realized that big of one. So here are some good vibes you will both have happy successful births at the center and home!

Morgan - yay for 34 weeks. That is awesome!

Mollie - I hope everything is ok with your grandmother's sister. I don't know your whole family situation. But I can say it took me 27 years to finally realize that my whole crazy childhood was exactly that, my childhood and the past. For years I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve so many bad things and I finally just got that people are crazy. I am the person I want to be and have the job of helping my children become the best they can be, the rest is just the fluff.

AFM - I am going to clean today, big surprise. Having 3 small children is really messing up my clean it and have it ready for the baby strategy, I clean something and have to do it again 2 days later. Oh well. I am also going to knit ! I taught myself how over the weekend and now I have decided on a useful project. I am hoping to successfully make a nursing cover. I am basically trying a blanket with some straps for around the neck and to control the sides. Wish me luck I am totally winging this thing !
Old 10-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma View Post
Jessica- here is the newborn wool thread http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824790&highlight=newborn+wool just be careful, it's a dangerous thread! I want SO much now!
eeeppp i have a skein of malabrigo in a bag now begging to be knit~~
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

For my knitting and crocheting mamas! There is a purewool coop going on. They have some great stuff and for small/newborn sizing 6.50 a skein seriously can't be beat. And they could go cheaper if the coop gets big enough.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #16
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ohhh my i am going to have to check that out morgan!

anyone else feeling a bit lazy today? im still in my pj's and i can almost guarantee i will be in them still when hubby gets off work LOL i just dont feel like doing much today.
I did start knitting some washcloths tho so maybe i am being productive
Old 10-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm ALWAYS in my PJs until I have to go somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortdrawbryant View Post
anyone else feeling a bit lazy today? im still in my pj's and i can almost guarantee i will be in them still when hubby gets off work LOL i just dont feel like doing much today.
I did start knitting some washcloths tho so maybe i am being productive
Old 10-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #18
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpierce View Post
For my knitting and crocheting mamas! There is a purewool coop going on. They have some great stuff and for small/newborn sizing 6.50 a skein seriously can't be beat. And they could go cheaper if the coop gets big enough.
Congrats on keeping your baby in so far.
The pure wool is super soft but it does not come in a skein or a ball. I think they call it a shank. So before I could use it I had to ball it up which took a really long time when all I wanted to do was use the yarn.
I must say though it is super soft.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #19
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I love Purewool! The 3-ply is squishy and soft! I made DS1 a whole stash of longies out of Purewool. I have been looking at ravelry trying to decide on some colorways. Just be forewarned that Purewool can pool pretty badly in newborn and small sizes. I have some Reign leftover from DS1 that I just tried to knit into newborn longies and it pooled so bad I frogged it even though I had gotten down to the legs. I'd say if you plan to knit newborn/small sizes get a colorway that had 3-4 colors in it and/or check ravelry to see how it has knit up for others in smaller sizes!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #20
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the newbie wool link!! Love it

I wish I could get in on the coop, I still don't have enough ratings, ggrr

We dropped by good will to drop some things off, the dog store for food and to talk about her ears (current theory is ear infection, so I made a vet appt, which is Friday), then Walmart for a few essentials. Now my child is 'napping' (in her room singing to herself) and I'm going to watch hulu and knit. Hopefully I'll get one show watched before she's done with quiet time
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote