Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #21
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Hey all!
Much chattier today! Don't think I'm going to be able to catch up.

Glad we are all getting to at least the somewhat safe point.

Afm- I'm 36 wks today! so excited! Hoping to have a baby within the next few weeks! So I have my bag mostly packed, I'm kind of sitting on it trying to think of anything i forgot. I'm so tired today, everything is wearing me out.

oh, I got a note from ds's teacher today, one of the kids in his class caught the chicken pox! Obviously it can't be helped, but it's obviously bad timing since I'm due before long and the hatching period for chicken pox is what, 2-3 wks? He was vax'd, but I guess since he hasn't had the kindergarten booster yet, it's only about 80% effective. Hopefully he doesn't catch it.

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #22
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/11

Just wanted to pop in and tell you that I AM reading, just not having a lot of time to post. Sorry! DH has been super busy with work and we had my sister's wedding and such, so we've just been slammed. And this week I'm playing catch-up on housework. Sigh.

34 WEEKS!!!! Aye yi yi!!!! I CAN'T WAIT to hold this baby!!!! Anyone else feel like they "miss" their baby?!? I just wanna hold her. Of course I'll settle for seeing pics of all the beautiful newborns all you early birds have. It's gonna be awesome! Also, can't believe we haven't had any Super Earlies yet! We're almost halfway through October!
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #23
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Here is the shirt I made for the longies. this is the first time I'm trying to post a picture from my phone...if it doesn't work I'll be back in a bit to post it from my computer
Heather- thanks for the idea of a butterfly, it's perfect!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20111011_154257.jpg (13.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #24
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Jaime- That turned out cute! I forgot to respond to your post about how to finish the applique. What did you end up doing? Also, acrylic wears really well for longies as the fibers are more melded together. You don't get much piling. I've never made them for crawlers but have made some for DS1 as pajama bottoms and they hold up well and wash great.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #25
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

O.m.jeesh! I think I have my 1st stretch mark in three pregnancies!

Jamie-cute set!

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #26
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
O.m.jeesh! I think I have my 1st stretch mark in three pregnancies!

Jamie-cute set!
i have a ton under my belly where i cant see w/o a mirror. my wonderful hubby is the one that informed me of them
Old 10-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #27
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heather- I did a really thick stitch with my sewing machine close to the edge but not on it, so I am thinking it will fray a bit which will look nice I think the stitch I used was just like a double stitch, it would go over each one twice...does that make sense? I am also excited to make some acrylic longies now!

Thia- I am so jealous that you are on your 3rd baby and just now getting a stretch mark! I just realized how bad mine are getting I only had one with DD that was from my belly button piercing (that I had taken out 5 years before I got pregnant!) but now I have a bunch under my belly button too. I am NOT happy!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #28
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jaime - That is a super cute shirt!! I also made a pair of acrylic longies. They pilled a little, but nothing like wool, that's for sure!

Thia - I totally jealous too. I got a ton in my first preg. all over my belly, and some on my hips. I'm just starting to notice some new ones this time around.

Lauren - I also can't wait to hold the baby, and nurse, and snuggle, and sleep I'll also have to settle for looking at newbie pics as I'm sure I won't go until mid-November at least. We've already got someone scheduled to go next week (in our group). I'm so glad we haven't had any early babies so far! That's soo awesome. I've been feeling bad about the December group, and praying for them! They have so many impending arrivals already, quite a few on bed rest and in hossy
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #29
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Thia- You are not allowed to complain, lol! I am COVERED in them thanks to my pregnancy with giant baby DS1. I haven't gotten any new ones *knock on wood* with this pregnancy or the last one, though.

Jaime- That makes sense. It might fray depending on the fabric. Did you back it with the iron on stuff, that usually helps. I've only appliqued two shirts in my life and they were backed with iron on adhesive and then I did a tight zig-zag stitch and there was no fraying. Both were cotton wovens.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #30
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael
Lauren - I also can't wait to hold the baby, and nurse, and snuggle, and sleep I'll also have to settle for looking at newbie pics as I'm sure I won't go until mid-November at least. We've already got someone scheduled to go next week (in our group). I'm so glad we haven't had any early babies so far! That's soo awesome. I've been feeling bad about the December group, and praying for them! They have so many impending arrivals already, quite a few on bed rest and in hossy
Yeah.... I was noticing the same thing with the dec group and was just really thinking about how blessed we've all been so far. Hopefully all our babies are born super healthy too!!!

Re stretch marks, no new ones yet, but my bum is covered from the previous 2!
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote