Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
refusing solids

This isn't really about introducing solids, since my LO has been eating solids for awhile now, but wasn't sure where else to post... My DS is currenlty 10 m-he began solids at 5 m, and was breast fed until 8 m (when my supply just stopped). The past few days (maybe a week); my little guy has just refused to eat any solids, he cries, and purses his lips and shakes his head as soon as I put him in his high chair. I've noticed that he has becoe more and more picky over the last few weeks, but now he has been refuses food that he usually loves... He is still takinghis bottle fine- and getting plenty of Formula, but not sure about the food thing.... any thoughts?? should I be worried about this???

saraley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: refusing solids

Is he teething?
J- sahm to Z~12.07, A~4.09 and J~ 8.13
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
My Mood:

My 13 month old still will only eat 1 jar of baby food per day if I am lucky. He rather nurse than eat real food. He is growing, peeing, pooping, and meeting milestones, so I am not worried. I would love for him to eat more, so I just keep trying. At first he refused to eat at all like your baby. Now he will eat half a jar of stage 3 baby food at lunch, and the other half for dinner. There are days he still will not eat that.

I would just keep offering and feeding him what he will eat and not worry. When he is ready, he will eat again.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Registered Users
Maybe you need to give him table food (the stuff you are eating) and let him be in control. My son will eat just about anything I eat if I model first and let him touch it. He makes a mess, but at least he eats. For lunch today he ate two sticks of honeydew melon, three soda crackers, half a nectarine (he spit out the skin when he was done) and 2 tablespoons of corn flakes soaked in milk.
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Registered Users

Yes, looks like he wants to be an independent eater. Try giving him finger foods and see if he shows interest in eating then. Some babies start eating again after a few days of refusing solids. Teething or meeting other milestones could be the reason. Make sure to seat him in his high chair and offer solids often.
blubrri is offline   Reply With Quote