Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Oopsie While Breastfeeding

So a few weeks ago my husband and I had an oopsie. I am breastfeeding my 6m old son right now but not exclusively. I have to supplement with formula while he is at daycare because I cannot pump enough. Anyways, my period has not returned since I became pregnant with my son and so I am hoping that because of this I am most likely not pregnant from the oopsie. My question is though, how would I know if I am pregnant because I already do not have my period and missing my period was what alerted me with both of my boys...

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Re: Oopsie While Breastfeeding

anyone? has anyone become pregnant on accident this soon after having a baby? I had a csection so I am a little worried about being pregnant this soon after...
Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

POAS about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks after said oopsie- that will give you peace of mind.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

lol, thank you. I guess I am just being impatient. Also, I am kind of worried because I have not been taking my prenatals lately so if I were to be pregnant I am worried that my baby could get spina bifida or something because of my laziness ;(
Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Also, I was reminded of my oopsie yesterday when I walked into the breakroom at my office and I couldn't go anywhere near the coffee machine without almost vomiting I really hope that if I am pregnant again then the baby is ok and hasn't been hurt by my stupidity ;( I am going to make it a point to take my prenatals from now on...stupid stupid STUPID ;(
Old 10-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

I don't know how I would be able to forgive myself if something was wrong because of me I guess that's why I'm freaking out. It's only been a few weeks so I think it is too early to test but I will feel soooo much better when I find out and I am GOING to take my vitamins everyday. Does breastfeeding drain you of whatever folic acid you do have?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think folic acid is built up in your body- so if you have remembered prenatals some of the time- I would think you are all right!
I hope it works out the way you want it to.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If it helps, I would constantly forget to take folic acid or prenatals in each of my pregnancies. I would take one here or there but I would almost consider that I didn't take them at all because it was so infrequent. But all my boys are very healthy and no problems.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I personally think that prenatals are overrated unless you are eating a really unbalanced diet. Your body doesn't absorb nearly as much of the vitamins in a prenatal as it does from food, because most of them are synthetic. I don't take them myself. It sounds like you're really stressing out about it; just take a test asap!

Also, don't worry too much about it only being 6 months after a c-section. Many doctors believe that most of the healing happens within the first 6-8 weeks after the surgery. I've read of women having VBACs just 12 months after their c-sections!

My pp period came back sporadically 12 months pp, and we had an "oops" 16 months pp. I was still nursing pretty much throughout the day and night, but here we are looking forward to our second. It will be okay.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
I think folic acid is built up in your body- so if you have remembered prenatals some of the time- I would think you are all right!
I hope it works out the way you want it to.
Thank You, me too. I will feel so much better when I can test. I am almost praying for my period to come just so I can know one way or the other. I would be very happy to welcome another little one into our family but now is not the right time and I am worried about my folic acid...