Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

A Vent

The absolute worst part of being pregnant for me, is food cravings. It's all fine and dandy when I crave something I can eat, but when it comes to something that either has gluten in it or has one of my many food allergens in it, I get so ticked.

It started with just plain cheddar cheese, not substitute cheese, real authentic cheddar cheese. Then it evolved to cottage cheese, I seriously dreamt of eating cottage cheese, I even wanted to dip some of my homemade pineapple pizza in cottage cheese. Now it's biscuits (which I can make) topped with real authentic cheddar cheese, a boiled egg slice, and brown gravy. I can eat the egg and the biscuit, but I have yet to find an allergy free gluten free brown gravy mix and it really sucks that my daiya replacement cheese isn't sold in chunks (it's only sold shredded) because that might work. I hate this, I really really hate this part of pregnancy.

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A Vent

Im sorry that sounds AWFUL. I know when I can't eat what I m craving that everything else makes me feel sick. So not being able to fulfill a craving has been really awful for me.

I hope the cravings subside for you or you can figure out good substitutes.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sucks. I can't imagine how frustrating that is for you... hopefully you will start craving things that are more realistic for your diet.

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

I eat a similar way and even though I haven't been getting cravings, my husband brings junk home that I don't want to be eating. It's incredibly frustrating because he complains that he wants us to eat healthy and then he brings home cheese, sour cream, eggs, beef, milk and honey nut O's. And then he complains that he can't have the stuff that he wants to eat in the house. But just wait.... a month from now he will be complaining that we're not eating healthy enough and when I want sour cream he won't buy it. grrrrr

Are you not eating dairy at all? DH brought eggs home which make me sick but I loooove a soft boiled egg with salt yummmmm

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaChellsRun View Post
I eat a similar way and even though I haven't been getting cravings, my husband brings junk home that I don't want to be eating. It's incredibly frustrating because he complains that he wants us to eat healthy and then he brings home cheese, sour cream, eggs, beef, milk and honey nut O's. And then he complains that he can't have the stuff that he wants to eat in the house. But just wait.... a month from now he will be complaining that we're not eating healthy enough and when I want sour cream he won't buy it. grrrrr

Are you not eating dairy at all? DH brought eggs home which make me sick but I loooove a soft boiled egg with salt yummmmm
Dairy is one of my major allergies, it causes a lot of congestion and some asthma issues for me. I do love a boiled egg! I also love love love beans and rice, but it just doesn't make up for the cottage cheese cravings now and again...
Old 10-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

My mom does GF also and makes her own gravy. It's actually really easy to make brown gravy. Just use consume (sp?) and a touch of water. Then thicken with cornstarch. be sure to heat the beef consume to boiling then mix the few tbs. cornstarch to COLD water and mix well. Use a whisk and stir constantly while slowly adding the starch mix. Hope this helps! Sorry about the cottage cheese...that's a bummer!
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyscreation View Post
My mom does GF also and makes her own gravy. It's actually really easy to make brown gravy. Just use consume (sp?) and a touch of water. Then thicken with cornstarch. be sure to heat the beef consume to boiling then mix the few tbs. cornstarch to COLD water and mix well. Use a whisk and stir constantly while slowly adding the starch mix. Hope this helps! Sorry about the cottage cheese...that's a bummer!
Oh, that does sound good, but I'm mostly a vegetarian. The brown gravy I used to eat was meat free. I may have to indulge and try it though...
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I hate teh cravings too! I love dairy but have a sensitivity to it and kids who are plain allergic to dairy proteins at birth. It also makes me gain a million pound, so I try to avoid it at all costs. Sigh. I also stay away from breads, starches, and sugars (PCOS, GD-issues, and diabetic diet). Of course, it is all I want. If I do not get what I crave, everything else makes me nauseous. I feel for you being allergic to boot!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote