Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Diapers being washed with Ecos..

SO I'm giving the stuff a try. And because I have a new pictures of course I'm doccumenting the experiment.. Its not cheep but I'm willing to see. Ive been using dropps which I like but it suds like crazy and I'm sometimes running an additional 2 FULL cycles to rinse and if I dont my DD gets rashy. However it cleans really well no ammonia etc issues.. Eaither way I'll still keep the dropps for the clothes as its great for those and great for my 9 year old who does laundry.

So first wash diapers are a combo of cotton and microfiber and fleece cotton covers plus wipes. prerinse warm nothing wash hot hot heavy duty cycle with 1 "full" amount ECOS and some 7th generation color safe bleach..

Intial wash- got deffinate suds but not a ton or it seemed a lot less

First rinse almost no suds but soapy water

second rinse - still some residue but water a lot more clear..

putting them through an extra quick wash (warm) and I'll have to see.. Its still a lot better than the dropps.. This is second rinse with that.
see the haze...

jurry is still out on how well it cleans because it hasn't finished yet or how it tackles stains. I'm also going to go back to Oxyclean insead of the 7th generation for staining I'm just finishing off what I have but I think the oxy does an overall better job..

FWIW our water is considered hard City of Yuma water contains 310 to 380 milligrams per liter or 10 to 22 grains per gallon of total hardness as CaCO3 (1.0 gpg = 17.1 mg/l). I haven't doen a formal check but the area we live is sosposed to be on the harder end of that scale.. Our tubs abd such get orange staining and calcium builds up around facuets ect..

Deanna

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
jalapeno
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diapers being washed with Ecos..

I use Ecos on my cloth diapers & our clothes. I think it works great. In fact initially when we started using it I thought we put in too put because of all the suds, but just the smallest amount can cause a lot of suds.

I'm very happy with the Ecos free & clear. The price is a plus too.
jalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My LO got a rash from Ecos, because the bottle that we bought has a type of soy fabric softener, and we just found out she's allergic to soy :-( But it worked really well for us as far as cleaning.

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.
Shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love the smell of Ecos and love that it's natural and coconut based. It just didn't get stains out of our clothes though. :/ Someday when I'm only washing clothes for DH and myself, that's what I'll use. Magnolia and lily smells heavenly!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

The bottle cost be almsot $13 the stuff isn't cheep though it is listed as doing 100 washes which isn't too bad..
Next time I try it I'll cut the amount down a bit I hate and refuse to use tiny amounts but I used a FULL cap (or to the second line) I'm okay onlu going to the 1 if I have to use less its a no go I ALWAYS get rashes and stink when I use too little of any detergent.
haven't had a chance to examine for stains yet..

Old 10-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I liked Ecos but it seemed to cause repelling after a few months.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I've been using ecos too and love it. It doesn't really take out stains but as long as the dipes are clean and don't smell that's all that matters to me. I use half of a cap, and I think my water is hard.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm kinda annal about stains but a good oxysoak ussually handles those fine.. I learned my bleach dispeanser is busted though and I'm no sure for how long but when I poured the bleach in (color safe) it poured right out the bottom of the machine onto the floor.. Guesss the hose is cracked..

Deanna

Old 10-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #9
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I tried Ecos but it did not work for us. We have hard water, perhaps that's why. I just didn't feel like it was getting anything clean even in regular laundry. I also had to use a LOT of it to get anywhere. I have yet to find a natural detergent that really has the oomph to get things clean, but I keep looking.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #10
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

honestly the best detergent Ive used cleaning wise was powdered tide with bleach but the baby reacts.. (as with tide orginal FnC etc) Dropps was the first long term shes didn't...