Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How long on my back and elevated after DTD, going nuts here!

Ok ttc this week ovulating around yesterday and today. Had relations last night and now I am thinking I should have layed down for longer after ......... you know. I tilted my pelvis and elevated myself on some pillows but only really stayed that way for hmmmm 10 min or so before I got up to finish cleaning the kitchen which was a mess.

DH has a not so great sperm count. So it is super hard to concieve naturally. Heck we did IVF to get pregnant with our triplets. I just feel deep down that it can and just might happen. I cant stop thinking about baby making and birthing etc. I am consumed of late which makes me wonder if the almighty is trying to give me a nudge saying have a little faith you know. Ok totally rambling but uhhhhhh I am consumed here. I want so badly to poas and see a positive for once in my life. I dont want to have to go to the doc to have them help me get pg again. Ok I am done. Sorry for the rambling just needed to say it you know.

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long on my back and elevated after DTD, going nuts here!

Anyone?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I don't know what to tell you so here is a
Old 04-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I've read 10-20 before, but 10 was prob. long enough. You could have dh drink some caffeine a half hour or so before dtd, too, that is supposed to help motility, or use some of that lubricant called pre seed. I haven't used it, but have read that it helps, too.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #5
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After my IUI a week ago, I had to lay on the table for 30min with my hips elevated.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
mum0fthr33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my mom swears by egg whites as lube it makes them swim faster to the egg before they fizzle out as she puts it and she said lay with your hips up on a pillow tilted up towards the ceiling she didn't get out of bed like that till she seen the sun come up when they ttc she says thats how they got prego with my baby sister
mum0fthr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
CamoMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum0fthr33 View Post
my mom swears by egg whites as lube it makes them swim faster to the egg before they fizzle out as she puts it and she said lay with your hips up on a pillow tilted up towards the ceiling she didn't get out of bed like that till she seen the sun come up when they ttc she says thats how they got prego with my baby sister

Your MOM!?

Ok, I'd be totally grossed out discussing TTC with my MOM!!!!!!

Sorry for the minor TJ, mama, I'll just send along since I have no clue...I'm "blessed" in that I can get pregnant if I wash my skivvies with DH's, so I've got no idea what you're going through, but kudos!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

Have you heard about taking Robitussin before DTD? Supposedly it can help your cervical mucous help the sperm get to where it's supposed to be going. There's a little info on it here: http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/...d.php?t=331662
I just thought it was interesting!
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #9
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i elevate for 30 minutes to an hour, i just lay and watch some tv for a whilei don't use pillows, i prop myself up against the wall so my booty and legs are kind aup on the wall while on my bed and i watch tv while dh goes and takes cvare of the kids, it mustve worked, we got all 3 this way i beleive..LOL
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #10
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

I have no answer to your ? but I just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel. I cry everytime I think about it for too long.

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote