Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #21
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whoo HOO Friday Sat and Sun Chatter!

I've been missing, I know.

Dang kids broke my laptop. My E button of all buttons no longer works on it, so I've ordered a keyboard and I'm hoping to get it like yesterday so I can install it and have it working again. Right now, it works, but I can't really type anything. I'm on the dinosaur computer now in the kids room to do anything.

Some recent developments have come about.

Jake had the assessment I think I mentioned earlier this week for the preschool. Apparently he's delayed in some areas so they are doing a full one at the early intervention place. I'm excited.. Kind of a bittersweet thing.. If he's delayed enough he'll be able to go to preschool. Transportation provided and it's free.. (it's at the school) Which is great because we'd never EVER quailify for the same program income wise. I wanted miranda to be able to go to it, but we couldn't do it because we made too much, now if I would of known then what I know now, she probably would of gotten in on the anxiety problems alone. Anyway, at the same time, you don't want your kid to be delayed... But we surely don't have 200+ dollars to throw at preschool monthly next year when he's going to need to go... so this is like his only shot, unless I get a job, then who would take him to the school? it's kind of a crapshoot... you need your kid to be delayed enough to go to school. lol So wish us luck I guess? seems weird that I'm wanting something bad. lol

Levi apparently is having a hard time getting back to sleeping long stretches.. he'll sleep from 10-2 or 3, but then after that it's every 2 hours... last night was rough, it was like every hour.. now that jake is up and I can't go back to sleep. he's sleeping in the bedroom with Dave. lol

Yesterday was my birthday. Yep, and what did I get? a baby that won't sleep, a delayed toddler and Miranda only in school for 2 hours. lol oh, don't forget the 400 dollar bill from the hospital for when Levi was in there with jaundice for 3 days. But there was a flicker of good news...

I'm NOT diabetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the letter on thursday informing me that My A1C was 5.9 and my fasting was 87. I'm NOT diabetic... Yet. I've got to keep up with diet and exercise, because there's a huge chance I'll end up with it if I don't change my ways.

I'm down to 220lbs. (had levi at 252lbs) I'm starting to pick up on the exercise more and trying TRYING to avoid the junk, but it's kinda hard right now. Working on it.
I'm finally fitting into prepregnancy jeans.. not well, but doing it. (got pregnant at 210)

I went out and bought a pair of jeans the other day.. got a GC to buy some stuff.. and dave has given me the okay to buy some clothing. (like I need permission, but it's nice to buy without guilt. lol)

and that's about it I think. hope everyone is doing good. I would comment, but 99% of the time I'm on the laptop and can't type E's.. lol

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #22
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
5k race done!! We got up at 6 am to get ready and leave for it. And I'm ready for a nap now. Going to nurse little miss into a coma and pass out myself.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #23
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Miranda! Congrats on the weightloss! And not being diabetic, what a relief. Bummer about the broken laptop. Happy Belated Birthday! It almost a freakin' joke sometimes, huh?

AFM- heading out to the airport with my 3 youngest to pick up my uncle! Yay for family visiting! Hello. My name is Cristina and I overuse exclamation points.

Last edited by Prettylocks; 10-15-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #24
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just picked up a Sleepy Wrap for $10 at the local consignment shop. I got it right the first try and wow, I needed this about 10wks ago! So comfy and Maverick went right to sleep in it. SO, he's currently rocking a pink Sleepy Wrap! LOL! This will work until I can order my new Beco Gemini in a few weeks. I think I will then give it to my sister for her new LO due in Jan. I think she will love it. I had so idea it would be this comfy. My back doesn't feel it all.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #25
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

meet my grandma for a card making thing from a stampin' up rep. it was nice to be out without the kids! first time completely alone since kezia was born. my mom was super great and took all three so grandma (her mom) and I could go. they usually do it together. was gone nearly all day. makes for a tired mommy and kids, but sometimes I prefer to be out and busy than home stressing about stuff.
I've got my counselling meeting this coming tuesday and I am really hoping to get some insight into dealing with this depression and anxiety...it is just not fun. I was swearing this morning when sydney threw her cereal bowl on the floor. I NEVER swear...no one in my family ever swears. saying "stupid" was a big deal in my house growing up. just not normal at all. It will be the dumbest things that set me off or make my just feel tense all over.
my psychiatrist mentioned taking some meds, but I'm to nervous to take them while nursing and I don't really want to give up nursing kezia...and I'm not sure why. (sorry, I feel really chatty and wanting to talk this out, but wayne is sleeping and, well, he's heard it all before so unfortunately for you all, here it comes). I nursed the kids cuz I could and it was free. i never put any other thought towards it, so I was surprised that the thought of stopping got me so emotional. still trying to figure out why. while most days have been better since talking that first time with wayne, the anxiety and anger can come up so fast and suddenly. just when I think I'm doing ok and will make it, boom, I feel like a raging madwoman inside and can't seem to stop it. I'm just so not sure about taking meds...not against them, just can't seem to bring myself to a decision on whether or not I want to stop nursing in order to take them. On the one hand, I am just so sick of me and the anxiety, Iwant to take the drugs just to get it overwith and behind me....I don't want to have to 'work through' stuff, I just want to be normal. I want a happy pill and be done with it. I joke with wayne that I wonder how many M&Ms it would take to equal an anti-depressant. maybe I just need more caffine and chocolate in my life. or maybe the doc will suggest retail therapy...yeah, I could do that.
ok, enough weirdness. sorry for my rambling. it just helps to get it out there, and unfortunately, I don't have friends here I can talk with. there are some great ladies at church, but I feel like i can't quite open up with them. the pastor's wife is also a good friend, but we keep missing each other at church lately and I'm not much for calling up someone on the phone...which Ir eally just need to get over and call her up and ask for help or to talk. I am so lame, can't even ask for help when I am drowning.
wow, again sorry for the downer post....i'm actually feeling pretty good now, but this all just swirls in my head and it helps to get it out.
anyone ever read the book, or hear the concept about men being like waffles and women like spaghetti? the basic idea is that men think in boxes....each topic has it's own place and is independant of any other topic or area in life. a woman's brain is like spaghetti, all the ideas are touching each other and interwoven...you know, you start out thinking about what the kids should wear, which leads to the weather, then seasons, then wow christmas is coming i need presents for the kids, then do we have the money to do it all at once or do i need to spread it out, then maybe while I am looking for presents i'll check out clothing for me, then i should really lose some weight so i can fit into that cute outfit i saw the other day, then why is loosing weight so hard, then it's because of the food you eat, then i really need to go grocery shopping, then i should write upa list so i dont forget cuz i keep forgetting to get those batteries for the kids toys taht isn't working right, then you are standing there in front of your kid's dresser wondering what you were doing in the first place. yup, just like that.
so, I joke and tell wayne "so, I was noodling and I decided that xyz"
anyway, all that is noodling around in my brain and it helps to get it out.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #26
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Naomi, I own that book! LOL! My former Pastor and his wife did a series and talked about this book in one of the sermons. It's sooo true. I can be upset about something and then go do laundry and make lunch and my dh doesn't get why I'm still upset hours later. He, on the other hand jumps waffle boxes in his own mind so quickly that he sometimes loses me in the conversation.

I'm also having a bit of a rough time right now. A big part of it is the situation I'm living in right now. I can't stand the clutter and lack of neatness. I can deal with stuff but I need some sense of organization. This apt is small compared to what we're used to and definitely smaller than our stuff can be in. I had a rough time tonight where I just wanted to run. Walk out the door and disappear for a while. But, can't do that with a nursling. I was on zoloft while pregnant and have seriously thought today about whether I should start taking it again. I think I'm going to start with the to do list I just wrote up and try to make some sense of my surroundings first and if that isn't helping (or progressing any to help) I'll call my mw and find out if I should go see her or my primary. My mw has told me that it is safe when nursing.

Off to bed now. Naomi we can pray for each other
Old 10-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #27
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hugs, Naomi. I have severe anxiety and I take Zoloft. I have taken it through both pregnancies and nursing DD for a couple months. She is just fine and Maverick is, too. I have talked extensively with my OB and my primary and feel the benefits outweigh the risks of taking the meds while nursing. I don't love nursing, but the thought of giving it up gives me major anxiety. You have to do what makes you comfortable, though. Talk away to us. That's what we're here for!
Old 10-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #28
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hugs all around, I feel like an angry person lives inside of me and pounces on DD. Then again, not that this excuses my pouncing, she has become a major behavioral issue. I'm so tired I don't have the patience to deal with it.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #29
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
5k race done!! We got up at 6 am to get ready and leave for it. And I'm ready for a nap now. Going to nurse little miss into a coma and pass out myself.
What are you trying to do, make us look bad superwoman? Congrats, that is more than awesome.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #30
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Naomi, I know exactly how you feel. I have moments when I get so worked up I feel like I'm going to bust. I've never really talked to anyone but dh about for fear of looking like I don't have it all together. I say if you need medication to help you then take it so that you can enjoy this time while the kiddos are young. I do understand not wanting to give up bfing. I cried for days when dd3 refused at 5 monrhs...it's really hard.
Last night was stressful. Dd1 fell off her bike and got really hurt. Lots of road rash and 5 stitches in her chin. She handled it well, but I was furious when the ER doctor restrained her in this straight jacket looking thing to do the stitches. I know they don't know dd1 and how she would react, but she is super laid back and would have never flipped out. The ER doctor even had ear plugs in in case she screamed . She just laid there and was so brave.
Anyway, just trying to lay low today before the rat race starts up tomorrow.