Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/14

Morning girls

Another noneventful day planned here. I will be bummin' around the house agaun BUT I did get dressed to clothes today I'm even tying my shoes! hehe

DH called me a few minutes ago cuz he had to go to Walmart from the job to get new jeans. Said he looked like a smurf got frisky with him cuz he got hydraulic oil all over his privates Apparently the mess was bad enough that his boss sent him for new pants LOL The whole time he's telling me this I'm cracking up..I know not super hilarious....hormones maybe? LOL

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/14

No, I'd laugh. DH is an industrial mechanic, and he always comes home with grease on him or a dirty face. I laugh at him sometimes if the dirtiness is especially silly looking or unusual.

Morning! I feel so ahead of the game this a.m........I already have the laundry and dishwasher going, my bed is made, the kids cleaned their room and made their bed, I'm dressed. Now I just need to figure out what to do.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Nichole- I'd probably be laughing too. My DH has a tendency to have stuff like that happen to him, poor guy!

AFM- I could not sleep last night. I am having very consistent contractions and they are crampy and in my back. I haven't called the midwives or anything yet because they are very far apart (like 12 minutes?) and not super strong (though they make it uncomfy for me to sleep). I also have a pattern of having contractions like this, for sometimes weeks, before I go into full blow labor. I think my body just dilates slowly and then when I actually do go into labor I go quickly. So, based on my previous experiences I'm not worried, just uncomfortable! My midwives are coming on Tuesday for my home visit and I will be 36w4d then, I'm pretty sure they'd deliver me at home after that point. So I am going to try to take it easy until then and see what happens!

DD1 has no school today so I am keeping DD2 home. This way I won't have to leave the house and can just rest here and let the kids destroy. DH will be home tonight so I'll make him pick it up.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think i found it funny because I'm sooo used to ripped pants - he has a *horrible* tendency to rip the crotch or butt out of his pants (hmmm? lol) but when he told me it looked like a smurf got ahold of him I lost it LOL

I'm enjoying a big piece of chocolate cake that I refuse to feel guilty about ... it is sooo good LOL I'm doing some knitting too but need to straighten up my house.

My MIL is having a babyshower for me tomorrow so I am getting excited for that Altho I will be interested in their choice of gifts (even tho i told them i didnt really need anything) because they all thought I was wacko when i told them no sposie diapers HAHA
Old 10-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Nichole - DH tends to come home soaked in water poor man, it has to be uncomfortable. But I would of cracked up laughing if he called and was seriously telling me it looked like a smurf got a hold of him. Hope you baby shower is awesome tomorrow! And I need to clean up too but ugh I'm still so tired.

Heather - If you don't mind sharing your other info on the placenta encaps that would be awesome! And have a good lazy day. I wish I could do that today.

Jenn - I need some of your energy, can you send it my way please?

AFM: The weather has been yucky for 3 days now and it's seriously wearing on me. I hate when it rains constantly, we are supposed to get maternity pictures tomorrow and I just see it being a yucky mess, so I might just cancel until next weekend, which isn't exactly the best weekend but it might work better than the mud outside now.

Any advice on getting rid of a cold sore? It just came out of no where and now I have a small blister on my lip. Not sure I've even had but 1 other one in my life. Ugh it's just not going well today already.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nichole- Chocolate cake sounds yummy! My sister is having a baby shower thingy for me next weekend (the 22nd). I actually asked for newborn diapers and/or giftcards (for anyone who wants to get a gift, but they definitely aren't necessary) since my stash starts at size small. I just don't feel like buying newborn diapers that will probably barely get used (which has been my experience with all other babes!), so I need something to diaper him in until he fits into the smalls.

Morgan- You could try Abbreva, it works really well but it is pricey!

Ugh, I'm already regretting keeping DD2 home. All she and DD1 do is fight!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morgan - abreva is awesome. dh gets chronic cold sores and it seems to work pretty well on him. ive only had 2 or 3 in my life and found abreva is what does the trick with me.

heather - i would freak if i had a bigger baby between our families babies are just small and dd was prety 'big' at 6 lb 10 oz LOL!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Looks like I'm catching your bug ladies and waking up super early. Was up since before 5am this morning.

Weirdly enough I have been craving chocolate cake!!! I think I'll make one when DS2 gets home from preschool and DS3 is napping.

My DH currently comes home smelling of restaurant grease.....ugh......he's almost done with kitchen training and will be in the front of restaurant soon thank goodness. The smell is really bad, esp when pregnant!

So, think I've officially reached a new low in mommydom! I thought a few years ago when I was at the park and someone told me I had an M&M stuck to my butt, that was it. But no. Yesterday I went to the bustop(across the street) to pick up DS2. It was raining so I grabbed my rain jacket, hasn't been used in months, but I washed it last spring. So when I got home and hung it up, ate lunch with kids and then I saw one of the kids grubby sports socks stuck to the velcro under the hood! So yes, I was walking around my neighbourhood with a sock stuck to my jacket! Must have been on for months from the laundry. Hopefully only a few nosy neighbours spotted my craziness! DS2 thought it was hilarious of course.

Sterilized all the baby bottles this morning! Still have to order my pump, but can't until next paycheck.

I actually have 3 can's of formula, free, already! And some little enfamil teeny premade ones. I never ended up using any formula with DS3, but did a teeny bit with other two so good to have, but don't think I'll end up using. I think the formula companies are starting to give out major freebies again these days? Maybe to compete with rise in BF?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Leanbh- I have all my baby bottles washed, too. I also have a hand pump ready to go and a supplemental nursing system. I do have a small can of the Enfamil newborn but I'm hoping to not have to use it too much. I got tons of formula sent home with me from the NICU last time, but this time that is all I have. Which could be a good thing. Last time I was not pumping enough for DS2 and really had no choice. I'm hoping this time the baby will latch well and I won't really have to pump at all and I can supplement with my SNS if needed. I do need to order domperidone but am waiting until next week when DH gets paid again. I'm going to order a 3 month supply, I just hope I get it in time as it can take weeks to get through customs and such. I do have a small amount left from last time.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a few bottles from dd still but no pump. i went thru 2 with her actually the 2nd one never really worked i bought it used off ebay (ameda so it was safe since i bought all new tubing) a friend needed to borrow it (she also had an ameda so already had her tubing) and she informed me no wonder i wasnt getting results...it wasnt working right. o well. im hoping to get a lansinoh this time walmart sells them and my friend (she was a bf'ing queen til 1 yr with her dd lol) got one to replace her ameda and said its awesome. I'm really hoping to not need bottles or a pump this time because the only thing that kept me from bf'ing with dd was a bad latch and i was a t a hospital that promoted formula. i am lucky enough to have midwives that have already volunteered to help me if i need it