Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/14

Gah! So I called my mom because these contractions just have me feeling weird. I wanted her insight because she has this weird clairvoyance ability about certain things. She picked up the phone and before I could say anything she said, "You don't have to say anything, I already know, you're going to have your baby this weekend." (I should also add that earlier in the summer she told me she saw the #5 in the baby's birthday, so it had me thinking November 5 or 15th, tomorrow is October 15th!) So now I am freaked out. I feel sluggish and flu-ish, which are early labor signs for me. My contractions are super mild though. Hold out baby!!! I don't even have my birth kit yet (it is going to be delivered tomorrow via FedEx) and I don't know if my midwives will deliver me at only 36w1d or 36w2d!

I am going to give them a call right now and drink some wine to see if it will calm things down. I am SO not ready for this baby to make his appearance yet. It would be great if he would at least wait until after my home visit next Tuesday!

Advertisement

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #12
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heather - ohhhh my! I'm sending baby baking prayers your way so baby holds out just a litle longer!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #13
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heather- I am praying that your little guy stays put for another week so you can have your homebirth! Hopefully the wine and relaxing will slow things down a bit.

Chocolate cake- yum. That sounds amazing right now with a huge glass of milk. Unfortunately I don't think I have the energy to go make cake! What sounds even better is Portillos chocolate cake!

Bottles- I haven't even thought about washing them....maybe I should get them out. I really hope I won't need them right away, but I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry. I also need to boil the pacifiers. I like to take them to the hospital just in case. DD ended up LOVING hers (and still does!) and it didn't mess up nursing at all.

afm....well, DH went to the Honda dealer last night then called an hour later saying that he was going to come pick me up so that we could get our car and our NEW VAN home!! YAY!! It's beautiful and i LOVE it and I am so excited to finally have a bigger car! The malibu is out of the driveway, parked in front of the house waiting to be picked up. (I am pretty sure we are going to donate it) We got both carseats buckled into the van last night and I love how they fit. I feel like we can get them in tighter than we were ever able to get them in our car. Since DD and the new one will both be rear facing I wanted mirrors for both of them so we went to Buy Buy Baby this morning with a 20% off coupon and got a mirror for the baby's seat. It was a fun first trip in it but boy was I nervous! (I learned to drive in a van, so that is no biggie, but it wasn't MY van and it wasn't brand new!)
When the dr. checked me earlier in the week she said I was "a good 2+" does that mean the station that the baby is in?? Is that even possible for the baby to be THAT low? She did say that the baby's head was RIGHT THERE and it explained the pressure, but when I looked the stations up online it almost seemed as if you don't get to that point until you are in labor. I was confused. Anyone know much about that?
Old 10-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #14
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Heather - I'm sending you loads of don't come out yet baby vibes!

I have been feeling really strange today as well, I'm hoping it's nothing, but I don't have any red wine to drink. Maybe I'll have DH pick me some up and see if it goes away. No baby for me yet! I'm only 34wks 3days
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #15
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Jaime - I don't know about stations, maybe she meant dilated? And on the new van, we just traded in my Malibu for a Honda Pilot so I can relate to your excitement.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #16
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i envy all of you with new vans. although i do love my prius it will be crowded with 2 carseats in the back. im holding out on hubby letting me trade for the new prius minivan they came out with LOL

ETA - they havent actually come out with the prius minivan yet i dont think i didnt see it on their sie but i know they were talking about one in the works

Last edited by shortdrawbryant; 10-14-2011 at 12:45 PM.
shortdrawbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #17
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Heather - o wow, I'll also pray he stays in another week for you!!

Jaime - maybe she meant dilation?? And congrats on the new van, I'm slightly jealous, but only slightly b/c I have issues occasionally while driving my altima. I'd probably take people out in a van, haha

AFM - y'all were too chatty for me yesterday, I got on too late to keep up. We were pretty busy. This morning was nuts too, but I managed to get my swap gift in the mail and a friend's package in the mail, woot! Took the dog to the vet too, always a fun experience. I was feeling pretty icky yesterday. Not just icky, but way out of sorts, short temper, really pissy and all that jazz. Seems better today, but I flipped on DD when she had a screaming fit earlier. That's probably lack of sleep though, I was up for like 2 hours in the middle of the night for no reason.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Nichole- I'd probably be laughing too. My DH has a tendency to have stuff like that happen to him, poor guy!

AFM- I could not sleep last night. I am having very consistent contractions and they are crampy and in my back. I haven't called the midwives or anything yet because they are very far apart (like 12 minutes?) and not super strong (though they make it uncomfy for me to sleep). I also have a pattern of having contractions like this, for sometimes weeks, before I go into full blow labor. I think my body just dilates slowly and then when I actually do go into labor I go quickly. So, based on my previous experiences I'm not worried, just uncomfortable! My midwives are coming on Tuesday for my home visit and I will be 36w4d then, I'm pretty sure they'd deliver me at home after that point. So I am going to try to take it easy until then and see what happens!

DD1 has no school today so I am keeping DD2 home. This way I won't have to leave the house and can just rest here and let the kids destroy. DH will be home tonight so I'll make him pick it up.
Praying your baby stays in until you can have your homebirth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpierce View Post
Nichole - DH tends to come home soaked in water poor man, it has to be uncomfortable. But I would of cracked up laughing if he called and was seriously telling me it looked like a smurf got a hold of him. Hope you baby shower is awesome tomorrow! And I need to clean up too but ugh I'm still so tired.

Heather - If you don't mind sharing your other info on the placenta encaps that would be awesome! And have a good lazy day. I wish I could do that today.

Jenn - I need some of your energy, can you send it my way please?

AFM: The weather has been yucky for 3 days now and it's seriously wearing on me. I hate when it rains constantly, we are supposed to get maternity pictures tomorrow and I just see it being a yucky mess, so I might just cancel until next weekend, which isn't exactly the best weekend but it might work better than the mud outside now.

Any advice on getting rid of a cold sore? It just came out of no where and now I have a small blister on my lip. Not sure I've even had but 1 other one in my life. Ugh it's just not going well today already.
For the cold sore thing, if it is early enough Abrevia works for me but if there are already blisters, then air works better. It is not comfortable but if you use a sterile needle, you can pop all the tiny blisters and drain them, making sure to let some air into the sore spots. The air will kill the active part of the virus and then you are just left with broken blisters to heal. No more itchy or burning pain, but the blisters take about 3 days to heal. I prefer abrevia but sometimes I don't catch the cold sore soon enough and then abrevia does not do much good.

Oh the pants thing, I would have laughed too.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #19
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Sally - Thanks! It's really like 1 maybe 2 blisters, there was no signs of it at all, which I thought was strange, just woke up and it was there. They don't even hurt, just feel strange and are red. lol I popped them this morning though and nothing came out at all, which I also thought was strange. So I'm just dealing with it at this point.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #20
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Jaime- I am so jealous. I desperately want the new Odyssey but we just got a 2007 Dodge Caravan last October so that won't be happening for awhile!

Morgan- Hope you feel better and baby stays put!

AFM- I took a bath and that actually seemed to help so I haven't drank any wine yet. I'm waiting until I absolutely have to because I am home alone with the kids (not that I would drink a lot but I still feel weird about it!). I haven't noticed any contractions since my bath so I am just laying on the couch watching cartoons with the kids and taking it as easy as possible.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote