Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #21
Duckduckfish
Registered Users
seller

Re: Harvest Babies Daily Chat 10/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortdrawbryant View Post
I have a few bottles from dd still but no pump. i went thru 2 with her actually the 2nd one never really worked i bought it used off ebay (ameda so it was safe since i bought all new tubing) a friend needed to borrow it (she also had an ameda so already had her tubing) and she informed me no wonder i wasnt getting results...it wasnt working right. o well. im hoping to get a lansinoh this time walmart sells them and my friend (she was a bf'ing queen til 1 yr with her dd lol) got one to replace her ameda and said its awesome. I'm really hoping to not need bottles or a pump this time because the only thing that kept me from bf'ing with dd was a bad latch and i was a t a hospital that promoted formula. i am lucky enough to have midwives that have already volunteered to help me if i need it
I think you've mentioned before you are on WIC? If so, let the wic office know you need a pump. They gave one to my sister--like a Medela Pump in Style one--when she was exclusively bf.

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #22
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma View Post
We got both carseats buckled into the van last night and I love how they fit. I feel like we can get them in tighter than we were ever able to get them in our car. Since DD and the new one will both be rear facing I wanted mirrors for both of them so we went to Buy Buy Baby this morning with a 20% off coupon and got a mirror for the baby's seat. It was a fun first trip in it but boy was I nervous! (I learned to drive in a van, so that is no biggie, but it wasn't MY van and it wasn't brand new!)
Congrats on the new ride! I felt like our carseats fit a lot better in the Odyssey as well (it's the LATCH.....our Subaru doesn't have it). I still get nervous sometimes.....not so much on the road, but in parking lots. Today, we had to go to Trader Joe's, and the parking lot there is always crowded. That and Costco's parking lot practically make me break out in hives, lol. I've never driven any vans before this one......every once in a while, the super-short-in-the-front/long-in-the-back thing still throws me.

Heather and Morgan - Keep those babies in there! Drink some wine and keep them legs together!

Well, my burst of a.m productivity is pretty much shot. We left the house to go to TJ's, the park, and the kid consignment store, and now I've got a big ol' pile of laundry, a dishwasher full of clean dishes to empty, and some dirties to load into the dishwasher after I empty it. I did however, get 2 gender neutral pairs of ON fleece pants, a gn fleece pant set, and 2 cooler-weather maternity tops!
Old 10-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckduckfish View Post
I think you've mentioned before you are on WIC? If so, let the wic office know you need a pump. They gave one to my sister--like a Medela Pump in Style one--when she was exclusively bf.
I will have to check into that. I know with dd when I did try to bf they weren't very bf friendly and really pushed formula But I will definitly check with them.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #24
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I know the WIC here will loan you a hospital grade pump if you have a baby in the NICU (or who has feeding issues). They loaned me an Ameda hospital grade pump last time for the 2 weeks my DS2 was in the NICU. Then I had to give it back so I rented a Medela Lactina from the hospital for like 4 weeks because I had to EP since he never took to latching due to the prematurity. The only way they give you one to keep is if you are going back to work or school, and I believe it is a battery operated electric like the Medela Swing. I know it varies completely though depending on the office!

I own a Medela Harmony (the hand pump) and it is great for occassional use. I hope to not need to rent a pump this time as I hate pumping and I don't get much out from pumping at all which is depressing!

Jenn- Your post made me LOL. I will totally keep my legs shut for a few days if it means keeping him baking and making it to the homebirth "cutoff"! I actually told DH I should take it easy this weekend and there won't be any, um, fun stuff happening since I don't want to stimulate full blown labor. Poor guy is gonna have to do everything around the house and not get anything in return, lol!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 10-14-2011 at 04:25 PM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #25
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am guessing that she was talking about dilation and not the station of the baby. I mean she said that the baby was low, but when looking at pictures of the stations it would mean that the baby is REALLY low. Thanks for the input

Heather- I totally wasn't expecting a new Odyssey as we had been looking at used ones! I guess DH had other plans At first I didn't really like the new shape but I am kinda falling in love with it now! And I am so glad to hear things have slowed down! I really hope they stay that way, especially with DH home to help a bit! I gave my DH a hard time too about not getting any when I was put on bed rest. poor guys but hey, I am sure they would understand if they had a human being in them making it hard to walk, breathe, eat, hold your pee, sleep....

Jenn- Yeah, It's the short nose/long tail that is throwing me off too! You should have seen me trying to park it. I am sure people laughed at me I am sure it won't take long to get used to it though. Our car does have the latch but we would always put her carseat in the middle of the back seat and it barely fit so I am sure that is why we couldn't always get it super tight. We always got it checked out by the fire department though and they always approved! The thing I love about the van though is that you don't need to go digging in the bend of the seat to find the latch, they actually stick out and you just clip them right in, it's SO easy!

I feel like a horrible mom lately I have no energy to do much with dd so she plays by herself a lot (which I do like, I want her to be independent) but then when I don't give her enough attention she starts doing things she knows she isn't supposed to do, so that she can get my attention but I just end up yelling at her. It's a vicious cycle and I want it to stop. I need to consciously work on it. I tried talking to DH about it tonight but he pretty much agreed that I haven't been very nice lately, which didn't make me feel ANY better but just made me cry! Ugh. I want to go wake her up now so that I can sit and play with her and make up for it. It's just not fair. I wish I had energy and patience for her.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #26
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Jaime- I find myself getting that way with my kids, too. Honestly, it is an end of pregnancy tiredness/hormones thing so I wouldn't feel super guilty. We are, afterall, only human! But, I know where you are coming from. I feel like I don't do much with my boys during the day (while the girls are at school) and they just play and entertain themselves. What I've tried doing recently is making sure I make time each day to sit and play with them, and I try to cuddle with them whenever they will let me (DS1 is a cuddler, DS2 just wants to go-go-go). Just know that this time will pass and you will feel better emotionally. And then your DD will have a new little sibling to revel in, too.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #27
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been that way with DD as well. I do try to set time aside at different times thru the day to read a book to her at least and I always take her to storytime on Mondays (which is nice for both of us).
Old 10-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #28
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel like my priorities are just way out of whack and that is probably why I feel so guilty. Like I have these knitting projects I want to get done before the baby comes. But why on earth do I feel that they are more important than playing and spending time with my sweet daughter?! ugh! I don't like hormones It helps a little to know that she won't remember this time at all, but at the same time I can't help but wonder if it will have some affect on her. I think I should just go to bed and start over tomorrow
Old 10-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #29
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Jaime - I can totally relate and then I also feel guilty but DH and I try to set aside night time for her as much as possible and that helps me to feel better. But I don't get to knit at night at all so I try as much as I can to do it during the day time. Maybe I'm horrible too.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #30
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Hey all! Just checking in, I think I'm a bit late to catch up on the chat.

Sil and I took the kids to the pumpkin patch this afternoon. My 3 kids and her 4yo, so 4 kids 4 and under. We had lots of fun though. Both my girls fell asleep on the way home, and they woke up stuffy sounding and both have fevers.
Plus I'm feeling like I'm coming down with something, and since ds was home sick with a cold most of the week we probably caught it.

On the plus side, the 3 day long false labor finally let up this morning! Not that I'm not having any ctx, just mostly when I have to pee.