Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone planning on using mama cloth?

So where would you get wool backed pads? I looked at the links but didn't see any.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #12
crunch!910
Registered Users

I was thinking about using them.. but for the time I'll use them, I'm not sure they'll pay for themselves. I think disposables would be cheaper. I'm not even sure how we'll afford disposables.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
So where would you get wool backed pads? I looked at the links but didn't see any.
Some of the mamas on here will do wool backed if requested, it's not very common though. The mama that made mine no longer makes things to sell so I didn't give her info

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I was thinking about using them.. but for the time I'll use them, I'm not sure they'll pay for themselves. I think disposables would be cheaper. I'm not even sure how we'll afford disposables.
The main reason why I switched in the first place was because of the chemicals in disposables. Chemicals and fibers in most sposies can irritate uterus to cause heavy bleeding or longer lasting periods. In addition to mama cloth users claiming their periods are lighter and shorter, they also say it's less painful.

I started my stash when we were on a tight budget and just got a few here and there when they were on clearance as seconds, lightly used etc. Some high end pads are $7-10 a piece but there are budget ones. And of course, like you said it depends on how long you'll be needing them for too.

I barely got to use mine this year before getting preg. I didn't start AF until DD was 18 months. Pregnant, nursing, pregnant, nursing. DH wants 4-6 kids so I'll be pregnant and nursing for 10 years. Sometimes I miss AF but I think I'm just emotional from all the hormones

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #15
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I am planning on it though I haven't gotten too much into it yet. I have a stack of regular ones and liners but will need some heavy/pp ones as well. Unfortunately right now there are more important things that require my cash =(